• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Comparable scopes to the STRIKE EAGLE® 5-25X56 FFP

shekelscribe

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2020
Chicago, Illinois
Hello, new poster here. I don't know too much about long range shooting, and for my first build I am looking at buying a decent scope. I'm looking at the Strike Eagle 5-25x56mm, and I wanted to know are there any comparable scopes in that price range from other manufacturers? What do you guys recommend?

Do you get mil discount? If so, it’s a great scope for the money. If not I’d call Doug at Cameralandny and ask about the Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18.

Reactions: stilesg57
The RT25 from Burris should be very comparable.

It gives up illumination and some elevation, theyve set it up as a competition/target scope. But I'm hearing the glass and the turrets are very nice in these.

Hello, new poster here. I don't know too much about long range shooting, and for my first build I am looking at buying a decent scope. I'm looking at the Strike Eagle 5-25x56mm, and I wanted to know are there any comparable scopes in that price range from other manufacturers? What do you guys recommend?
I have a SE 5-25 in hand for evaluation.
So far, it seems like a solid piece of kit for the price. It is pretty light which makes me worry about robustness.
What I've noticed with a VERY quick range trip:
Glass is really decent, not great.
The reticle is awesome.
The parallax seems a bit touchy.
The reticle focus seems a bit touchy.
Disclaimer: I have astigmatism and the above might not pertain to you.
Adjustments seem solid, the clicks have a bit of vagueness. The sample that I have, someone removed the o ring on the windage, those adjustments are crisper and more noticeable than the elevation.
I removed the elevation and put some very slick grease I have that is elastomer friendly. That improved the feel.
I would love to compare it directly to a Midas Tac 5-25.
The Athlon lacks illumination, which would leave me to believe that the money went to other things.
They are very similar in price, with the Athlon coming in a bit higher than the Vortex.

Athlon Midas Tac 5-25x56. It has more internal adjustment than the SE. Only thing is doesn’t have is an illuminated reticle. It’s a little more but you can do some hunting around and find a deal.

for $500 or less that you can get this scope at - i think it's hard to beat. i just picked one up for my wife's 6BR.

comes with an aluminum throw lever, sunshade, illuminated reticle. mag ring is not stiff. locking turrets. decent glass and a useful reticle.

it's a fantastic entry level scope that will take awhile to grow out of.

I've been using "entry-level" scopes for a couple of decades now, they keep getting better and better.
Arken EP-4 is one example. Crazy how much scope you get for the money.