• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Compass Lake enhanced Ar-10

Peterpan

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2018
has anyone had any first hand experience with the compass lake engineering enhanced ar-10? I've had a couple of their ar-15s and were impressed with the quality and accuracy but I'd like some feed back on the ar10 they've had out for a couple years now before I buy one. It seems to be offered at a reasonable price and in 260 6.5 creed and 308. Any one have or shot one? Thanks guys

It's a Basic Large Frame AR, with a top notch barrel and trigger. It will be accurate and reliable, it's a outstanding option for someone who is on a budget and just wants to shoot from the bench punching paper are ringing steel.

Reactions: LeadZeke
It's a Basic Large Frame AR, with a top notch barrel and trigger. It will be accurate and reliable, it's a outstanding option for someone who is on a budget and just wants to shoot from the bench punching paper are ringing steel.

Have you shot one?

Yes, the attraction to me was you get the Barrel in any configuration or caliber within reason.

What kind of accuracy did it produce? And what make of barrel did it have on it?

As bigjake said, they are by far and away the most accuracy per dollar without building yourself. Great buy if you don't mind the weight.

Is there a reason why you limit the rifle to these task?
I guess my question is, if a tactical response group wanted to adopt a few of these as part of a few urban sniper systems or as DMR's [as an option cheaper than GAP, Knights, etc...] then would this be an option that you would endorse?

Is there a reason why you limit the rifle to these task?
I guess my question is, if a tactical response group wanted to adopt a few of these as part of a few urban sniper systems or as DMR's [as an option cheaper than GAP, Knights, etc...] then would this be an option that you would endorse?

No probably not just because it haven't been proved under adverse conditions, and I don't have the highest confidence in Aero precision parts. And it's really not that much cheaper than a SP10.

Don't get me wrong, their excellent rifles for what they are and I will support Compass Lake to the day I die, it's just that there are certain elements to a build that are crucial for Duty use and I just don't think it quite meets them.

Reactions: Bakwa
No probably not just because it haven't been proved under adverse conditions, and I don't have the highest confidence in Aero precision parts. And it's really not that much cheaper than a SP10.

Don't get me wrong, their excellent rifles for what they are and I will support Compass Lake to the day I die, it's just that there are certain elements to a build that are crucial for Duty use and I just don't think it quite meets them.

Makes sense. One of those, three GAP's or two KAC's, kind of situation. I didn't even realize the SP10 was in that lower priced ball park.
Thanks for the quick response.

Reactions: bigjake83
If absolute accuracy is the desired goal, the GAP-10 is accurate to the inth degree. I have a GAP-10 in 6.5CM. It is surprisingly accurate. I have the 5X5 to prove it. It is close to bolt gun accuracy.

I have heard very good things about JP Rifles. I have zero experience with JP, but many folks on here do, and they are very highly regarded.

Seeking is a great gun as well. The GAP-10 is built on Seekins uppers and lowers.
A little GA Precision magic sauce, and a Bartlein barrel, you have a GAP-10.

I am a huge KAC fan, and their APC is a very good rifle as well. VERY GOOD. They are 110% proven, will function well past when other semi-autos won’t, and don’t need an AGB to run suppressed. The issue is: they are about $5000 per rifle. That doesn’t even get you glass. Very tough on a dept budget.

As others have stated, I love my CLE barreled SPR. And their service has been absolutely fantastic. But if I needed a duty grade weapon, I'd be looking somewhere else. My priorities would be a manufacturer that has a reputation for duty grade, hard use weapons. Some that come to mind include: KAC, LMT, Colt, FN (just not their pistols), and perhaps Noveske. I think JP could likely also build you an exceptionally accurate and reliable weapon...but it will be pricey.

As others have stated, I love my CLE barreled SPR. And their service has been absolutely fantastic. But if I needed a duty grade weapon, I'd be looking somewhere else. My priorities would be a manufacturer that has a reputation for duty grade, hard use weapons. Some that come to mind include: KAC, LMT, Colt, FN (just not their pistols), and perhaps Noveske. I think JP could likely also build you an exceptionally accurate and reliable weapon...but it will be pricey.

I agree with all of them except colt. I love my colt stuff but my hbars and my 24” hbar elite have never been very accurate like I thought they should be.

I agree with all of them except colt. I love my colt stuff but my hbars and my 24” hbar elite have never been very accurate like I thought they should be.

Roger that.

I put Colt on the list because Colt AR15/M16s have been very reliable in my experience and can take hard use. So, my experience is that they are "duty grade."

Reactions: Dan M