• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Complex carbs vs fruit carbs ? did some test

JJones75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2008
southern , LA
Well all know (yea right) that its nearly impossible to drop fat when our blood sugar is elivated so
I've been testing some stuff with carbs , thought you might be intrested in the results
ive been using fruit alt more and was told how bad it is to diet on because of the insulin responce it causes and stuff and how its impossible to get realy lean (sub 7%) with fruit , well i lab ratted myself with some trails to see , and it appears theirs not a hill of beans differance in the insulin response between complex carbs and fruits. I can't eat to much rice and oats cause im very gluten sensitive and it bloats my tummy real bad. just figured id pass this along
take note of the blood glucose results with a little glucophage added in the last three meals , very very intersting !!

BG= Blood Glucose level
Results
4:45am , fasted BG 79
5:00am , 12 oz raw goat milk , 4oz LBA’s and a big banana
5:30am BG 119
6:00am BG 123

7:30am BG 94
7:45am , 4oz Tilapia , 6oz baked chicken , 12oz fresh pineapple
8:15am , BG 123
9:00am , BG 128

11:30am , BG 97
11:45am , 10oz chicken , 8oz sweet potatos , 1 cup broccoli
12:30am , BG 121
1:00pm, BG 122

4:00am BG 89 (before fasted cardio)
5:15am BG 87
5:30am 1 cup instant oats with 2 scoops Egg protein and 2ounces LBA's
6:00am BG 129
6:30am BG 128
7:00am BG 123

8:00 BG 109
8:15 10oz Tilapa , 12 fresh orange slices
8:45 BG 137
9:15 BG 136

10:30am BG 98
10:45am 10oz baked chicken , 6oz long grain brown rice (steamed)
11:15am BG 131
12:00pm 127

1:00pm BG 99
1:15pm 4oz chicken , 4oz tilapia , 2oz LBA's , 8oz mashed boiled red potatos
1:45pm 139
2:30pm 130

3:30pm BG 96
3:35pm 4oz LBA's no fat or carbs
4:00 train
4:45 BG 87
4:00am BG 87 (before fasted cardio)

5:15am BG 86 (took 250mg glucophage right after taking reading)
5:30am 12oz fresh pineapple , shake 2 scoops Egg protein and 2ounces LBA's
6:00am BG 99
6:30am BG 104
7:00am BG 101

8:00 BG 92 (take other half of glucophage after reading)
8:15 5oz chicken , 5oz Tilapa , 6oz sweet potatos , 6oz pineapple
8:45 BG 101
9:30 BG 100

10:30am BG 91 (take 250mg glucophage after reading)
10:45am 10oz baked chicken , 4oz sweet potatos , 5oz blueberries , 1 cup asparagus tips
11:15am BG 103
12:00pm 101

Re: Complex carbs vs fruit carbs ? did some test

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet your fingers hurt... Lol </div></div>

yes as a matter of fact they do !! I have a whole new respect for the crap diabetics have to put up with , and those damn strips are about a dollar each !!!

I've grown tired of tryin to game it in eating. I just eat what I consider a balanced diet, and try not to stuff my face with lots of bread.

IE my food list yesterday...

Breakfast: 4 eggs scrambled, 3 strips bacon, 2 pieces whole wheat toast with all fruit natural jelly, 2 cups skim milk. ( I eat big breakfasts', I know this isn't the most desireable, but it makes my tummy happy)

Snack: Naval Orange

Lunch: 99% lean ground turkey enchilada on low carb whole wheat tortilla. 2 tbsp spinach dip, with about 10 whole grain Scoops chips.

Snack: protein bar

Workout: hour on bike, interval training

Dinner: grilled chicken, with one of those micro steamer bags of red potatoes and green beans (1/2 bag)

Snack: Chobani 0% yogurt cup.

Now I'm sure from a minimilastic standpoint that a day of eating like that is way too many carbs, and not neccasarily low on Sugar, but I'm still feeling the win over just eating blatantly nasty-for-you "whatever tastes great" meals, and feeling pretty good.

I maintain my weight fine like this, but I'm sure if I were to reel it in a lite better, it would tighten me up.

I've never thought about checking my BG thought the day though. How much do you think swings of 30-50 really affect how your body treats fat?

I'm not 100% positive but after extensive talks with guys that forgotten more about nutrition than I know it's a common consensus that the body doesn't readily bun fat while insulin in present. I'm currently running a high protein moderate carb and low fat diet right now and it's working pretty well but I'm in a bit of a calorie defect , once I get down to 6-7% bodyfat I'm going to cut the carbs out add a little fat and pull the rest of the fat off then 4-5 weeks out up the carbs again and try to "grow" a kittle into the contest.
I know just about everybody who competes and gets REALY lean ends up either in a keto style diet or carb cycling to reduce insulin and burn off that list little bit.

that said I know a guy who uses George Farrah as his prep coach and he eats alot of carbs in every meal but before anybody jumps into "and Geroge Farrah is one of the best so carbs do work" you have to know the whole story behind thT and I'm not gonna get into that here.

as far as how the insulin effects bodyfat , I'm about 700 cals less than normal when dieting right now so the fat is comming down BUT I know for a fact that I can get just as lean just as fast with more calories buy having less carbs and more fat but that's. very miserable way to diet for some 25 weeks!! so I'm trying this route to get me close so that the no carb diet doesent seem like a prison sentence

Yeah. I'm ok with discipline, but I'm just not on board with misery. I love to eat, and the way in doing now is a good compromise between hardcore and maintaining a goal.

I need to check my BF. I'm 6' tall and right now I'm 178 pounds. Weight isn't a problem, I would enjoy sucking up this loose belly from my fat days though. It's shrinking more and more every month, just a slow process.

I'm doing an Ironman in November. I would like to get a BF measurement now, and one again closer to the race when my training will be really ramped up. There's a place here that does the immersion BF method, but I have no idea how much that buisness costs...

JJones, we need you to down and King Size Snickers bar and a 32oz Mountain Dew so that we can get a reference for what a high BG number would look like. Do it for science!

I'm partially joking, but in all seriousness, what is an average or high BG number for normal people without the strict diet?

Oh....and I'd hate to be a chicken in your town!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JJones, we need you to down and King Size Snickers bar and a 32oz Mountain Dew so that we can get a reference for what a high BG number would look like. Do it for science!

I'm partially joking, but in all seriousness, what is an average or high BG number for normal people without the strict diet?

Oh....and I'd hate to be a chicken in your town! </div></div>

Im not sure what that number would be , none of these lazy bastards at work will let me prick them and the one that will are already diabetic!!!

I asked the cardiologist that tracks my diet and stuff and he said that generaly 90-110 would be an average blood sugar reading but spiking into the 140-150 wouldent be unheard of . I asked why mine got so high and his thoughts are that my body process them very fast and effeceintly then retuns to normal quickly. I know that by adding a tablespoon of peanut butter you will lower the spike because it slows digestion but it will also cause the spike to hold for longer due to the legth to takes to digest.
i did a test with just protein and fat and the BG stayed much lower
4:30am BG 79
5:15am BG 89 , 30 min after eating 10 eggwhites 4 whole eggs and 1 tablespoon cashew butter
6:15am BG 94.
7:30am BG 87

You should see the looks when i find chicken on sale for .99 cents a pound and buy 100 pounds of it to stock up. gets old real fast though , luckly i dont eat for pleasure. The guys i work with say i need a cheaper hobby like gambling or a cocain habit