• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Computer controlled 1050

jmorris

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2006
TX
The first run of the PLC controlled 1050 was a success. Along with the auto drive I added a PLC that controls the motor. There is an up and down limit switches that are on a clock so if the tool head doesn’t reach either in the allotted time the timer times out and stops the motor, this keeps the clutch from continually slipping if a jam occurs. I went ahead and made the upper limit switch a round counter to count the number of completed rounds.
I then tied into the powder check die and low primer systems so the machine would halt operation if there were a high/low charge or no primers in the tube. I programmed a routine into the PLC that would count down from 100 to start with and reset every time the low primer alarm was triggered. This way all the operator has to do is fill the tube and press the run button and the screen is automatically reset..
To finish up there will be proximity switches on the bullet/case tubes and powder measure to stop operation if any of them run low. Then build an enclosure for the PLC and display and find something else to tinker with.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Re: Computer controlled 1050

5.jpg

6.jpg

Click on this photo for the video

Very slick, great use of a PLC. Now, I just wish I had a 1050 and PLC sitting around with a few limit/prox switches...

Good job though.

2shots click on the last photo, its a link to the video of how it works.

Mike, I'm not really sure what I have in it. Been gathering bits for 4 years or so when I had time to think about it. Has a little girl a few months back and finally had the time to learn how to program a PLC and display.

that is freaking genious, I need two of those conversions a year ago, My carpal tunnel is seriously impeding my reloading.
where do I get this from or where do I get instructions on how to build it.
congrats.

Ya know, that's not too bad for a beginner. Quite clunky, somewhat haphazard, and very pedantic to say the least. You definitely appear to need quite a bit more practice in order to even "tune" your artwork, let alone "fine-tune" it.

So I tells ya what I'll do. I'll help you by getting that pile a place to sit here, whilst you do a "good" job on your next evolution of your prototype.

Then, one day when you're all set up, you'll have one that works. And knowing some cave-dwelling-hammer-busters, they'll probably wanna throw money at you to do so. You could be rich!!!

So let me help you along the way to achieving something to be proud of.

I'll get it out of the way fer 'ya.

he he he, (nice job)

That is AWESOME. You could start selling those for upwards of $5000 and I think people definitely would buy them.

Dude that thing rocks. What calibers are you planning on putting through there?