• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Concerns about SAC CS

what kind of proof do you want ? a picture of the email thread ?
anyone can edit/alert a picture to say whatever....

recording of the voice conversation ? wish I would have recorded. but i have never had a need to in my life...
today was a first.

after today..
Just know that if you are buying SAC original products. there are NO returns. (even if it contradicts what their own policy on their site)

Perhaps could you slow down, think a moment and answer the very specific questions that myself and AllenOne1 asked you.

It seems what CS suggested to you would wind up a lot cheaper for you than your convoluted plan?

Reactions: FWoo45 and jb0311
what kind of proof do you want ? a picture of the email thread ?
anyone can edit/alert a picture to say whatever....

recording of the voice conversation ? wish I would have recorded. but i have never had a need to in my life...
today was a first.

after today..
Just know that if you are buying SAC original products. there are NO returns. (no matter what the site states)
Not at all, just understand that you’re asking us to judge a company based simply on what you are saying, with no real context or input from the other side. This is one of the main reasons I get shit in writing. Also, you haven’t really answered multiple people asking you “why?”. Given their restocking fee and you paying the return shipping, was it really financially smart, rather than buying the plate a la carte? If not, then this really doesn’t make sense. Their return policy may suck, but it doubly sucks if you don’t bother to inform yourself on what you are actually buying, which seems to be the case here. All I’m saying is I’m not going to jump on the “SAC Sucks!” bandwagon based on the excerpt we have here. This whole thread you created just seems to be pot stirring.

I have bought from SAC, I have made a return. I get that you are emotional but maybe this isn’t the best reaction.

Also hit the “reply” button if you are replying to someone.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Not at all, just understand that you’re asking us to judge a company based simply on what you are saying, with no real context or input from the other side. This is one of the main reasons I get shit in writing. Also, you haven’t really answered multiple people asking you “why?”. Given their restocking fee and you paying the return shipping, was it really financially smart, rather than buying the plate a la carte? If not, then this really doesn’t make sense. Their return policy may suck, but it doubly sucks if you don’t bother to inform yourself on what you are actually buying, which seems to be the case here. All I’m saying is I’m not going to jump on the “SAC Sucks!” bandwagon based on the excerpt we have here. This whole thread you created just seems to be pot stirring.

I have bought from SAC, I have made a return. I get that you are emotional but maybe this isn’t the best reaction.

Also hit the “reply” button if you are replying to someone.

so you bought a SAC Original item and they let you return it ?
no such luck for me dude.

yes of-course. Will just buy just the part...
until the next guy comes along and wants to return something and get's the same rude response.

so end of the day its my bad that I bought the product from them, politely wanted a RMA and got the shove.
anyways time to move on.

Reactions: lash
its ok to say we RMA on the site. then you don't RMA
that reputable. sure.

that's ok right ?
any comment on that ?
Did you share the same attitude you are sharing now? I also would have told you to kick rocks. Sometimes owners are okay with loosing a customer. Move on. Many stores sell the rest of the parts you need.

Reactions: jb0311
Did you share the same attitude you are sharing now? I also would have told you to kick rocks. Sometimes owners are okay with loosing a customer. Move on. Many stores sell the rest of the parts you need.
what attitude dude ? I called and politely asked for a RMA.
have you never called a company politely asking for a RMA ? this is my first interaction with them.

it looks like you were trying to swap it for the kit. This would indicate that you didn‘t want to pay the restock fee. Your email says “full refund”.

Reactions: jb0311 and HOOFER
it looks like you were trying to swap it for the kit. This would indicate that you didn‘t want to pay the restock fee. Your email says “full refund”.
on Friday, yes I typed that up in email to them. ...what a pipe dream. a very far fetched thought form reality.

This morning on the call, if the rep would have said:
Hey sure, pls ship it back to us on your own dime. in Original condition. we will refund you minus the 20% restock. and minus the $20 shipping fee. this thread would not exist...cause then this vice would be $120 for me.
I'd probably throw it in my truck toolbox. and would have order the full kit anyways.

and would have continued to spend $$ with them in the future. reloading stuff, on and on and on...

Instead it was a contradictory statement;
"no returns, based on our return policy, its on the site"
but but..the site says a customer may return..
good bye!

Running down a good company because of your errors? Failing to read the return policy does not give a person to trash any company. You received what you ordered. You want to return it. 25% plus $20.00 shipping per their return policy. It is your error is all I’m saying.

Reactions: jb0311
Good news is that you won't be giving SAC your business anymore, and SAC doesn't want your business anymore. So win/win.

on Friday, yes I typed that up in email to them. ...what a pipe dream. a very far fetched thought form reality.

Hey sure, pls ship it back to us on your own dime. in Original condition. we will refund you minus the 20% restock. and minus the $20 shipping fee. this thread would not exist...cause then this vice would be $120 for me.
I'd probably throw it in my truck toolbox. and would have order the full kit anyways.

and would have continued to spend $$ with them in the future. reloading stuff, on and on and on...

good bye!

Any chance you'd consider actually answering the questions you were asked about why not just order the 1 part you still needed and come out cheaper than doing the other way?

Running down a good company because of your errors? Failing to read the return policy does not give a person to trash any company. You received what you ordered. You want to return it. 25% plus $20.00 shipping per their return policy. It is your error is all I’m saying.
ha..until you are told no returns are accepted. did not not read my post ?

ha..until you are told no returns are accepted. did not not read my post ?

Is there some reason you are specifically avoiding responding to the questions you have been asked about why you didn't just do the simpler, cheaper way of ordering the 1 extra part you needed?

Your refusal to answer them at all, tends to make it seem like there are some significant holes in your story.

Any chance you'd consider actually answering the questions you were asked about why not just order the 1 part you still needed and come out cheaper than doing the other way?

I was hoping, I'd return the $185 vice since no base. (ofcourse it was my bad, I wasn't pay attention ofcourse man...we all make mistakes.) I would have paid the shipping back.

then place a new order for the full vice kit. $275 + I would have ordered the extra bushing's that are not part of the kit.
so that would have been something like $400.

+ the restocking fee, corret

This is my post from earlier: ...its only possible if you talk to your customer. vs saying no no no.

good bye!

yeah I'm just done and defeated for sure now after all the bashing here.
You started a thread bashing a company in which we only have your side of the story. Of course you don't think you were in the wrong, the customer never does. Maybe you weren't, but the only people who know for sure are you and whoever you spoke to on the phone. Now that everyone isn't joining in on your dogpile on SAC, now you're the one receiving the bashing?

I'm genuinely curious how you expected this to go.

All this dogpile crap of he said she said is bullshit.

This thread comes down to a simple CS complaint, which comes down to a couple of simple questions. The rest about “why don’t you”, “you made a mistake” are irrelevant. Just whiney ass girl shit.

These simply questions are:

1.) Does SAC have a clearly stated return policy on their website? Yes/No

2.) Did the requested return fall within those stated parameters? Yes/No

Judas priest people……

This is my post from earlier: ...its only possible if you talk to your customer. vs saying no no no.

good bye!
I will say that the title of the thread lead this into a darker direction, faster. You can alway modify it to be less hyperbolic and divisive. Perhaps “Concerns about SAC CS”

I will say that the title of the thread lead this into a darker direction, faster. You can alway modify it to be less hyperbolic and divisive. Perhaps “Concerns about SAC CS”
That's if you believe this thread was about anything more than a pot stirring vent session, which I don't. SAC believes the OP was in the wrong, OP believes SAC was in the wrong.

All this dogpile crap of he said she said is bullshit.

This thread comes down to a simple CS complaint, which comes down to a couple of simple questions. The rest about “why don’t you”, “you made a mistake” are irrelevant. Just whiney ass girl shit.

These simply questions are:

1.) Does SAC have a clearly stated return policy on their website? Yes/No

Judas priest people……

3) does the customer service on the phone adhere to what's listed on the website ? yes/no

"Returns on SAC Original products are accepted within 30 days of original purchase date and must be in new unused condition. All orders will be subject to a 20% restocking fee."

I want to say that I had NO agenda this morning when starting this thread.
it was just sheer frustration I guess after the phone call.

I'm just genuinely curious now if the owner Mark is aware of this issue in customer service.

Reactions: OneMoreNoMore
3) does the customer service on the phone adhere to what's listed on the website ? yes/no

"Returns on SAC Original products are accepted within 30 days of original purchase date and must be in new unused condition. All orders will be subject to a 20% restocking fee."

I'm just genuinely curious now if the owner Mark is aware of this issue in customer service.
There's like 5 people there IIRC. They know about this thread.

SAC doesn't owe you a good experience. You got exactly what you paid for.

Sounds like they didn't want to deal with a bunch of BS from someone who didn't take the time to read what they were ordering, plus is so petty they won't just order the base and bushing they need and be done with it. Imagine how many calls and emails they get a day dealing with people with room temp IQ who are the problem, not the product.

They are going through a massive upgrade right now. I wouldn't want to deal with you either. Again, you could just order the base and bushing and be on your way. You seem annoying.

1.) Does SAC have a clearly stated return policy on their website?

Yes, in fact it appears to be very clear. Below is their policy from their website 5 mins ago.

So the question begs how did you return not fall within these CLEARLY stated parameters.

8EB83ED4-D784-4F37-BCC8-0617503C292A.jpeg

Reactions: Baron23
1.) Does SAC have a clearly stated return policy on their website?

Yes, in fact it appears to be very clear. Below is their policy from their website 5 mins ago.

So the question begs how did you return not fall within these CLEARLY stated parameters.

View attachment 8106610
I think the issue is probably less black and white. We won't ever know, because SAC has thus far chosen to stay out of this thread, but the OP's demeanor, attitude, and overall pain-in-the-ass'ness could have pushed them to basically say:
no-soup-for-you-seinfield.gif

Now, personally, I still would have just taken the return, gave him a full refund and told him to pound sand, but it sounds like they were just done dealing with him. I find it hard to believe they just snapped on the guy out of absolutely nowhere...

I think the issue is probably less black and white. We won't ever know, because SAC has thus far chosen to stay out of this thread, but the OP's demeanor, attitude, and overall pain-in-the-ass'ness could have pushed them to basically say:
no-soup-for-you-seinfield.gif

Now, personally, I still would have just taken the return, gave him a full refund and told him to pound sand, but it sounds like they were just done dealing with him. I find it hard to believe they just snapped on the guy out of absolutely nowhere...

My first order with them. I was only politely asking to RMA, so I could order the full kit.
if the site said "no returns" I would not have even bothered to email or call them.

after reading your comment earlier...they are obviously a small company and tight knit group. I have no intentions of hurting someone's business or reputation and so the title edit. I ordered the arca base I needed and some extra bushings.
I'll just take this as one-off case with me and move on.

Reactions: Holliday and lash
My first order with them. I was only politely asking to RMA, so I could order the full kit.
if the site said "no returns" I would not have even bothered to email or call them.

after reading your comment earlier...they are obviously a small company and tight knit group. I have no intentions of hurting someone's business or reputation and so the title edit. I ordered the arca base I needed and some extra bushings.
I'll just take this as one-off case with me and move on.
Right, the title change was necessary imo. At this point I think we’re all just beating a dead horse. Best of luck to you sir.

The OPs bad attitude ? Lol…like the one he displayed after getting repeadly kicked in the nuts in this thread.

That’s hilarious.
If that’s supposed to be a reply to me, I never said “bad” attitude, I said attitude. I wasn’t on the phone call to know how he spoke to SAC, were you? Again, we are hearing just one side of the story, let’s not act like this would be the first time a disgruntled customer embellished his side of the story to make him out to be the victim. He did come on here for sympathy and to let everyone know how much they “sucked”. Hilarious, indeed.

Seems strange, I ordered the incorrect bushing fro. Then and called before it shipped. They corrected my order.

Took care of "my mistake" no problem at all!

If that’s supposed to be a reply to me, I never said “bad” attitude, I said attitude. I wasn’t on the phone call to know how he spoke to SAC, were you? Again, we are hearing just one side of the story, let’s not act like this would be the first time a disgruntled customer embellished his side of the story to make him out to be the victim. He did come on here for sympathy and to let everyone know how much they “sucked”. Hilarious, indeed.
Sigh…I’m 70 y.o. and am more than capable of speaking my mind clearly. If I wanted to call you out specifically, I would have tagged you.

There are only a dozen or more references in posts here to the OPs “bad attitude” as some sort of explanation for why SAC stiffed him.

It’s not always about you, friend. :cool:

Best of luck to you.

You’re right, you weren’t on the phone and don’t know what was said but you’re making assumptions that the OP had an attitude. The guy just want to exchange what he mistakenly ordered, per their return policy to purchase the other kit and they refused and they’re dicks for it.

That’s all there is to it and I’ve got no reason not to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I’ve been in a bad experience with SAC where they didn’t do work they were paid to do and basically said tough shit when they sent me back my rifle not as described in the work order. I also run an online retail business a whole hell of a lot larger than SAC and I deal with assholes every day that are trying to fuck me with return fraud and I can tell you right now this guy isn’t even close to shady or a pain in the ass compared to the average that I deal with.

If they were decent they’d allow him to return the product in brand new condition and swap him for what he wants and let him pay the difference. A 20% restocking fee on a new item that’s being exchanged for something else is bullshit, not honoring your own return policy at all is even more bullshit.

I have no dog in this fight at all and I love the products I have from SAC ... I've never had to return anything either.

That said what is on the website is policy .... completely different from customer service.

customers also can suck, but quality of service is generally a choice (regardless of result).

I ordered a pizza to go from pizza hut once.
The pizza I got was not what I ordered, not only that, it had pineapple on it.
That shit was worse than the the crappy pizza I got from the pizza truck in Bahrain.
I was too lazy to take it back and didn't bitch to them about it since I ate it.

I own a ton of SAC products (thousands of $$$), to be fair... Their shipping department and attention to detail is pretty lackluster. I've had to have them send me the correct part numerous times after sending the incorrect part several times. My latest example is their SAC funnel... I ordered a 6mm insert and instead got a 6.5.

With that said, they have been quick to respond and fix the issue immediately.

We appreciate everyone’s comments in this matter. Could things have been handled differently. Yes, yes they could’ve. At SAC we have 1-2 guys shipping the 50-100 orders we receive per day, as well as answering 20-30 phone calls during our business hours. This customer service issue has been handled and you will not be seeing anymore posts similar on snipers hide anymore. We try our best to not make mistakes, but we are humans and do. Unfortunately we can not make everyone happy and it appears other customers on this thread aren’t happy either. At the end of the day people don’t go on the hide to praise companies, but would rather just bash them. We at Short Action Customs are not trying to stiff our customers, we are trying to protect ourselves as a business, so we can be here to serve our customers for years to come. We fall short at times and when we do, and come across these threads, we do our best to learn from them and become better. We appreciate hearing from our customers that support us and want to apologize to the customers that we have fallen short with. We will continue to make mistakes however, we are doing our best to implement better procedures to prevent these issues from happening.

SAC