• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Concerns about SAC CS

We appreciate everyone’s comments in this matter. Could things have been handled differently. Yes, yes they could’ve. At SAC we have 1-2 guys shipping the 50-100 orders we receive per day, as well as answering 20-30 phone calls during our business hours. This customer service issue has been handled and you will not be seeing anymore posts similar on snipers hide anymore. We try our best to not make mistakes, but we are humans and do. Unfortunately we can not make everyone happy and it appears other customers on this thread aren’t happy either. At the end of the day people don’t go on the hide to praise companies, but would rather just bash them. We at Short Action Customs are not trying to stiff our customers, we are trying to protect ourselves as a business, so we can be here to serve our customers for years to come. We fall short at times and when we do, and come across these threads, we do our best to learn from them and become better. We appreciate hearing from our customers that support us and want to apologize to the customers that we have fallen short with. We will continue to make mistakes however, we are doing our best to implement better procedures to prevent these issues from happening.

SAC
I’d like to make a complaint, I ordered a $20 part and y’all sent me a FREE beanie....jerks.

😆

Reactions: Defiance6x47
I still don’t understand. The op doesn’t answer questions clearly enough.

Is he upset they wanted to charge him a 20 percent restocking fee?

Or was he willing to pay the 20 percent restocking fee but they would still not accept the return?

I am a very big fan of sac products as well as the customer service I have received but dam the fan bois on here are nuts. They won’t even hear a person criticize a company without jumping down their throats even with having zero clue what the situation was. Someone from sac came on here and admitted they could have done better which is an admirable thing to do but most of these posts on here just shit all over the op

I still don’t understand. The op doesn’t answer questions clearly enough.

Is he upset they wanted to charge him a 20 percent restocking fee?

Or was he willing to pay the 20 percent restocking fee but they would still not accept the return?

I am a very big fan of sac products as well as the customer service I have received but dam the fan bois on here are nuts. They won’t even hear a person criticize a company without jumping down their throats even with having zero clue what the situation was. Someone from sac came on here and admitted they could have done better which is an admirable thing to do but most of these posts on here just shit all over the op
He was willing to return the product at a loss.

Reactions: howler
You’re right, you weren’t on the phone and don’t know what was said but you’re making assumptions that the OP had an attitude. The guy just want to exchange what he mistakenly ordered, per their return policy to purchase the other kit and they refused and they’re dicks for it.

That’s all there is to it and I’ve got no reason not to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I’ve been in a bad experience with SAC where they didn’t do work they were paid to do and basically said tough shit when they sent me back my rifle not as described in the work order. I also run an online retail business a whole hell of a lot larger than SAC and I deal with assholes every day that are trying to fuck me with return fraud and I can tell you right now this guy isn’t even close to shady or a pain in the ass compared to the average that I deal with.

If they were decent they’d allow him to return the product in brand new condition and swap him for what he wants and let him pay the difference. A 20% restocking fee on a new item that’s being exchanged for something else is bullshit, not honoring your own return policy at all is even more bullshit.
Return for free for his ERROR? Who’s paying the shipping cost for the first ERROR? Who’s paying for the second shipping cost for his ERROR? Who’s paying for the employee to do the job a second time because of his ERROR? 20% restock is there to cover costs. In what field is your online business? Do you deal with people who ERRORED and want you to eat the extra work with no compensation? Please name your company so I don’t ERROR is buying from you.

Return for free for his ERROR? Who’s paying the shipping cost for the first ERROR? Who’s paying for the second shipping cost for his ERROR? Who’s paying for the employee to do the job a second time because of his ERROR? 20% restock is there to cover costs. In what field is your online business? Do you deal with people who ERRORED and want you to eat the extra work with no compensation? Please name your company so I don’t ERROR is buying from you.
Even if a customer is wrong, it's always best practice to make them right and enjoy the product you sold or could have sold them.

You keep them for life that way, as well as earn new ones by positive word of mouth.

Even if a customer is wrong, it's always best practice to make them right and enjoy the product you sold or could have sold them.

You keep them for life that way, as well as earn new ones by positive word of mouth.
Sometimes as owners we need to fire our customers. Business is about making money, not giving it away. How much profit do you believe is in small parts sale? 30%-40% tops. If your customer spends $140.00 and you make $50.00 you can not eat the return. Do you think this is WalMart? They are a small business, there is no extra money to throw away. Congratulations on your best practice advice to put small companies out of business.

Sometimes as owners we need to fire our customers. Business is about making money, not giving it away. How much profit do you believe is in small parts sale? 30%-40% tops. If your customer spends $140.00 and you make $50.00 you can not eat the return. Do you think this is WalMart? They are a small business, there is no extra money to throw away. Congratulations on your best practice advice to put small companies out of business.
I think you're reading too much into it.

No where did I say I support putting a small businesses out of business due to this practice.

Good day

It would be unreasonable for one to expect the company to eat shipping costs when they want to return something they don't want, but 90% of the customers that I deal with do. The OP never asked for that though and was even willing to pay the restocking fee, it's pretty shitty to charge a restocking fee on a new unused in original packaging item on an exchange though.

I guess you missed the part where I posted that I paid SAC to cut, crown, and thread a barreled action... They only threaded it and sent it back and wanted me to pay the round trip shipping to fix their fuck up... That was more than a decade ago and they still basically have the same position after the sale/service.

I think you're reading too much into it.

No where did I say I support putting a small businesses out of business due to this practice.

Good day
Make them right! Or eat the cost for his error. He did not want to pay the restocking fee or the shipping. He was willing to pay to ship it back but not to have the second shipped to him. FREE!

Make them right! Or eat the cost for his error. He did not want to pay the restocking fee or the shipping. He was willing to pay to ship it back but not to have the second shipped to him. FREE!
Did you not read? He was willing to eat the restocking fee and shipping.

In practice, an exchange of a new item should be done one to one without a fee. But whatever, your business your rules. At the end of the day, this is a good example why some businesses succeed and fail in this industry.

It would be unreasonable for one to expect the company to eat shipping costs when they want to return something they don't want, but 90% of the customers that I deal with do. The OP never asked for that though and was even willing to pay the restocking fee, it's pretty shitty to charge a restocking fee on a new unused in original packaging item on an exchange though.

I guess you missed the part where I posted that I paid SAC to cut, crown, and thread a barreled action... They only threaded it and sent it back and wanted me to pay the round trip shipping to fix their fuck up... That was more than a decade ago and they still basically have the same position after the sale/service.
Restocking fees are for the employee who was paid to pick the order, package the order, get shipping for the order. This is not free. You fucking guys think this should be free because he wants a different product. Money has been spent on his first fuckup. I guess you need to be a business owner to understand. Or maybe when this happens to your company you can clock out and take care of it then clock back in so the employer does not have to eat the labor costs.

Did you not read? He was willing to eat the restocking fee and shipping.

In practice, an exchange of a new item should be done one to one without a fee. But whatever, your business your rules. At the end of the day, this is a good example why some businesses succeed and fail in this industry.
Looks like SAC is succeeding in this industry regardless of how you think they should run their business. As for me I am a retired 51 year old. My auto body businesses did great. Like I said, you have to be a owner to understand what it takes to own a success business.

Recently I had to use SAC CS also and this is my experience. I will preface this with I love their products and the guys I know that work there are top notch guys. I have no idea who I got in customer service as this was done via email. I sent an email stating tht my fairly new SAC dasher sizing die decapping pin was for lack of a better word, chipping off on the end and I kept having to adjust the clip to knock primers out and it would still leave maybe 10% still hanging in sized brass. My response was they had never seen this and here is the link to order a new one and I must have dropped it to cause it. Well, I hadn’t dropped it but if i had, my floor is carpet in my reloading room. I responded thank you, ordered two of them to have a spare and said I ordered two and will gladly send you this one to inspect since u never seen this before. I have gotten no response, I got my new pins and I am back in action. Do with this info what you will but I can send pics of the pin and copies of the emails if y’all want. Like is said, they have a great bunch of shooters and the only time i have used their CS in the past I have been pleased. It was simply for more of the shims for the dies and they gave me some free of charge.

Restocking fees are for the employee who was paid to pick the order, package the order, get shipping for the order. This is not free. You fucking guys think this should be free because he wants a different product. Money has been spent on his first fuckup. I guess you need to be a business owner to understand. Or maybe when this happens to your company you can clock out and take care of it then clock back in so the employer does not have to eat the labor costs.
Many small businesses in the firearm industry happily don't apply a restocking fee on new/unused items when returned... Literally HUNDREDS.

For example in the precision long range industry: Short Action Precision, American Rifle Company, GrayOps, etc. These are examples of literally small businesses in the US.

Many businesses practice where if the customer is unsatisfied for ANY REASON, a return is accepted.

You are literally complaining about a one time event that is in no way standard across the industry. However, if one wants to pursue obtaining and keeping customers, it's best practice (this is taught in the most shittiest to best of business schools around the country) to make it right, even when the customer is wrong.

Looks like SAC is succeeding in this industry regardless of how you think they should run their business. As for me I am a retired 51 year old. My auto body businesses did great. Like I said, you have to be a owner to understand what it takes to own a success business.
Again, reading far into it.

I am well aware of SAC, I use their products and shoot with their shooters.

Congratulations on retirement. Don't spend it all online.

Recently I had to use SAC CS also and this is my experience. I will preface this with I love their products and the guys I know that work there are top notch guys. I have no idea who I got in customer service as this was done via email. I sent an email stating tht my fairly new SAC dasher sizing die decapping pin was for lack of a better word, chipping off on the end and I kept having to adjust the clip to knock primers out and it would still leave maybe 10% still hanging in sized brass. My response was they had never seen this and here is the link to order a new one and I must have dropped it to cause it. Well, I hadn’t dropped it but if i had, my floor is carpet in my reloading room. I responded thank you, ordered two of them to have a spare and said I ordered two and will gladly send you this one to inspect since u never seen this before. I have gotten no response, I got my new pins and I am back in action. Do with this info what you will but I can send pics of the pin and copies of the emails if y’all want. Like is said, they have a great bunch of shooters and the only time i have used their CS in the past I have been pleased. It was simply for more of the shims for the dies and they gave me some free of charge.
To clarify, you paid extra for 2 more decapping pins after the defective one? Or they sent you an internal link to place a no-cost order for a replacement?

Without customers you have no business, apparently you have not read the thread, the customer was going to EAT ALL THE COSTS TO
EXCHANGE THE PRODUCT.

Without customers you have no business, apparently you have not read the thread, the customer was going to EAT ALL THE COSTS TO
EXCHANGE THE PRODUCT.
Don't bother. They didn't read the thread... Too much going on in retirement at 51. (I don't even know why they mentioned that, no one cares.)

Reactions: dirtytough
To clarify, you paid extra for 2 more decapping pins after the defective one? Or they sent you an internal link to place a no-cost order for a replacement?
They sent me a link to purchase them at full price, which I did.

Reactions: lash
EXCHANGE THE PRODUCT.
They have the right to refuse any service you have the right to not order, also no one knows the whole story.

Reactions: Softtail103
EXCHANGE THE PRODUCT.
SAYS THE CUSTOMER! And they tell him to kick rocks? No way. They fired him be cause they don’t want to deal with him. This is his story only. We don’t fire customers for being willing to pay for their errors.

They sent me a link to purchase them at full price, which I did.
Wow.

Sounds like inconsistent policies and depends who you get to reply.

Although I'm not surprised... I have a gen 1 6GT die that arrived with shitty nitriding and semi-galled threads (it still threaded in). After mentioning it over the phone and subsequent photos sent, they replied that if it worked no need to return. While aesthetics may not mean much, at $300+ for a die... A customer expects it to be perfect upon arrival. I didn't make a big deal and still use it to this day.

The same feeling I have may not apply to others who just bought a $300+ die.

Come on SAC...

They have the right to refuse any service you have the right to not order, also no one knows the whole story.

SAYS THE CUSTOMER! And they tell him to kick rocks? No way. They fired him be cause they don’t want to deal with him. This is his story only. We don’t fire customers for being willing to pay for their errors.

It's already been made right by them anyway:

Thanks Walmart and big box stores for this stupid way of thinking.

There appears to be a trend with SAC. Their response in this thread seemed odd too. Gotta admit, I'm probably going to look for alternatives in the future.

I run an 8 figure per year retail business that’s far larger than SAC, we have 4 warehouses across the country. I know exactly what it takes to run a retail business and what costs are. No you don’t need to implement a 20% restocking fee to pay the employees picking the order. We do it on much lower cost orders on average and we don’t charge our customers a restocking fee as long as it’s new in the original packaging and within 60 days. If it’s used no returns period and that’s pretty much standard procedure across the industry unless your someone like Walmart or Amazon that can afford to eat a lot of returns on used stuff and resell it used/open box.

What makes the restocking fee even more bullshit is that 20% on a bushing is $8, 20% on a $400 order is $80. It takes someone basically the same amount of time to open the box, inspect the return, enter it back into inventory and put it on the shelf. It takes all of about 5 minutes to process a return if there’s multiple items.

They simply advertise that restocking fee because they don’t want to deal with returns and figure most people won’t bother if they’re losing 20%. Then they clearly deny returns period, against there own policy, because they don’t want to deal with returns.

I get it that you’re a fanboy, but if you can’t see what’s wrong here then I don’t know what to tell you. I do know retail though and I know that’s a shitty way to run a company if you want customers coming back and to keep a good name.

they let you RMA ?
wow...so I'm genuinely curious what's the big deal to RMA this $185 product.
I was going to turn around the spend $315 with them. immediately.

WTF,...unbelievable.
I ordered a couple of wrong die bushings, and needed to swap them for the right sizes. They did it "no questions asked" ... and even shipped the new ones before the wrong-size ones arrived back home. About $80 worth of stuff ... so yes ... they let me RMA.

We appreciate everyone’s comments in this matter. Could things have been handled differently. Yes, yes they could’ve. At SAC we have 1-2 guys shipping the 50-100 orders we receive per day, as well as answering 20-30 phone calls during our business hours. This customer service issue has been handled and you will not be seeing anymore posts similar on snipers hide anymore. We try our best to not make mistakes, but we are humans and do. Unfortunately we can not make everyone happy and it appears other customers on this thread aren’t happy either. At the end of the day people don’t go on the hide to praise companies, but would rather just bash them. We at Short Action Customs are not trying to stiff our customers, we are trying to protect ourselves as a business, so we can be here to serve our customers for years to come. We fall short at times and when we do, and come across these threads, we do our best to learn from them and become better. We appreciate hearing from our customers that support us and want to apologize to the customers that we have fallen short with. We will continue to make mistakes however, we are doing our best to implement better procedures to prevent these issues from happening.

SAC
Just wanted to point out that there are indeed also many threads started by members praising vendors and not “just bash them”.

Last edited:

SAC

Hi Mark/SAC

Thanks for taking the time to respond here. and for fixing the CS service for future. I appreciate it very much.
again, the initial intent here was not to bash. I apologize if it came across as such. (and thanks for the gentleman for steering it in the right direction)
You and company obviously have a lost of respect here and elsewhere and wish you and your business good luck!

SAC has always bent over backwards to get me up and running in a time of need. Never had any issues with their ordering system. All of the guys have been top tier. Even that Alan guy who shoots more gooder than me.

Don't bother. They didn't read the thread... Too much going on in retirement at 51. (I don't even know why they mentioned that, no one ca
I run an 8 figure per year retail business that’s far larger than SAC, we have 4 warehouses across the country. I know exactly what it takes to run a retail business and what costs are. No you don’t need to implement a 20% restocking fee to pay the employees picking the order. We do it on much lower cost orders on average and we don’t charge our customers a restocking fee as long as it’s new in the original packaging and within 60 days. If it’s used no returns period and that’s pretty much standard procedure across the industry unless your someone like Walmart or Amazon that can afford to eat a lot of returns on used stuff and resell it used/open box.

What makes the restocking fee even more bullshit is that 20% on a bushing is $8, 20% on a $400 order is $80. It takes someone basically the same amount of time to open the box, inspect the return, enter it back into inventory and put it on the shelf. It takes all of about 5 minutes to process a return if there’s multiple items.

They simply advertise that restocking fee because they don’t want to deal with returns and figure most people won’t bother if they’re losing 20%. Then they clearly deny returns period, against there own policy, because they don’t want to deal with returns.

I get it that you’re a fanboy, but if you can’t see what’s wrong here then I don’t know what to tell you. I do know retail though and I know that’s a shitty way to run a company if you want customers coming back and to keep a good name.
Ask the owner of the company you run how he feels about it. Owners are there because employees can’t make the tough decisions that could affect the future of a business. Please state the business you ”run’”.

Reactions: Oldloser
Ask the owner of the company you run how he feels about it. Owners are there because employees can’t make the tough decisions that could affect the future of a business. Please state the business you ”run’”.
My line of work is measured in 9 digits... Yes, hundreds of millions of dollars. No need to dox myself online to please your internet fetish or inflate my ego.

Have a good day.

Last edited:

SAC
Awesome response! I would take issue with one point about vendor bashing. I see your products recommended here continually. I recommend them often and have even tagged Mark in an old thread. This is the first time I personally have seen a negative post about SAC. There is no question your products have helpped me with some reloading dilemmas.

The drama in this thread is unfortunate. Taken objectively, I think threads like this have the opportunity to be educational for both consumers and the business. It is easy to draw a negative conclusion, but taken as a whole, I think you faired exceptionally well. One thing that seems apparent is that your quality is not in question. You have a big fan base here so far as I can see. Me included…..

My line of work is measured in 9 digits... Yes, hundreds of millions of dollars. No need to dox myself online to please your internet fetish or inflate my ego.

Have a good day.

Just think - this was probably the most expensive post EVER on the hide..

And yes, I am being a troll.

Glad SAC took care of it.

Love their products and they have had good CS with me.

Reactions: NiteQwill

Have a good day.
And still not the owner. Get that through your head. Owners think differently than employees. You sir are an employee. And counting hundreds of millions of other peoples money.
Sincerely the Owner!

Is that you PTG?

And still not the owner. Get that through your head. Owners think differently than employees. You sir are an employee. And counting hundreds of millions of other peoples money.
Sincerely the Owner!
😂😂I make decisions that literally makes those 9 digits go up and down... You have zero clue.

Have a great day Mr Retired at 51. 👍🏾

Reactions: lash
I don't mind the restocking fee. It means that the company isn't passing on the cost of returns onto all customers. If I make a mistake or decide I don't want something that has been sent to me the restocking cost is fairly on me. The cost of returns is real (was CFO for 9 figure global manufacturers). Many companies bury it into the pricing of all products so I'm paying a slice for all the people that changed their mind, regretted spending the money, etc. Of course I don't complain when I don't have to pay a restocking fee but I know all the other customers are eating a bit of that cost.

Businesses here in the US are free to make this policy (or not) as needed so not my job to cry BS over it. I had good experiences with SAC and like their products so far though I don't have experience trying to return anything to them.

People don’t even pay attention when clarification is givin. How is the customer wrong when he agreed to pay the restocking fee and also the shipping. This is going to the posters on this thread not SAC. They have already rectified the situation but some of these people on here can’t admit that a business or owner can make a mistake. They set the policy and then wouldn’t adhere to the policy that they themselves set. Customers not at fault after that. Maybe there was some miscommunication, I can see that woh how badly the issue was first described in this thread.

My dad owned a collision shop as well and he took care of his customers. He didn’t “fire” them but I guess that’s the old way of American business.

Once again I love sac customer service and I have several thousand dollars of their gear and couldn’t be happier with it. But everyone has a bad day or makes a mistake. In this case they quickly took care of it which is what I would expect from a top tier company like them.

This Thread is a perfect example of modern day business-customer relationships. When their customer is Happy he /she tells a friend. When unHappy they feel compelled to tell the internet World. The customer circumstances usually remains unchanged. Rolls Royce has a Complaint Department manned 24 hours/ day.

This Thread is a perfect example of modern day business-customer relationships. When their customer is Happy he /she tells a friend. When unHappy they feel compelled to tell the internet World. The customer circumstances usually remains unchanged. Rolls Royce has a Complaint Department manned 24 hours/ day.

In specific, this thread shows how shareholders fuck up a business and how important employees that aren't dicked over to not give a fuck leads to happy customers (increased cash flow).