• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Confused! Scope cover size. Vortex pst?

Sebben

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2011
Snellville, GA
I can't seem to find a cut and dry straight forward answer on the interwebs. What size butler creek flip open scope covers fit the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50???

Re: Confused! Scope cover size. Vortex pst?

im not sure about butler creek but size 4 and 7 vortex flip caps fit it

I had to put some black electrical tape on my occular lense cover because it was not snug enough. I can't remember what size it was unfortunetly but I suggest you get the one that is slightly larger and put a layer of soft tape on the inside to make it snug.

Hi Zach
The #5 is for the ocular and #7 for the objective.

Thanks
Tim

Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:06 AM
To: Timothy Austin VX
Subject: Re: Question regarding PST scopes

Timothy,

I'm wanting to order your flip up scope covers for my 2 PST's. I have a 4x16x50 and a 6x24x50 PST scope.

What covers do i need? 4 and 5?

Thanks in advance

Z

Just an update, the #5 was too loose for the ocular. I didn't try the 4, instead I improvised and made it work w/ a few rubber bands. Fits now.

Butler creek lists the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 (including FFP) as

41.3mm eyepiece
58.6mm objective

Multiflex
16-18 eyepiece
43-44 objective

Flip-Open
14 eyepiece
43 objective

Blizzard
5 eyepiece
10 objective

Mark H.

I ordered my ocular bigger rather than smaller, thus not having to force it on. I used some of that blue painters masking tape around the eye-piece to tighten up the fit of the larger cap; fits like a glove and the blue tape doesn't leave any residue.