• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Controlled Chaos Arms Precision Rifle Course - IA

Controlled Chaos Arms

Gun Plumber
Minuteman
Precision Rifle 1 - This two day course will be held on two different dates at the big springs range complex near Searsboro IA. We are only allocating fourteen slots for this course. Precision Rifle 1 is the first in a series of three total courses. Those students taking Precision Rifle i should make the personal commitment to take the next two courses which will occur in 2012 if at all possible.

Two of Team Blaster's crew instructing the courses!

http://www.controlledchaosarms.com/files/CCA%20Precision%20Rifle%20I.pdf

http://www.controlledchaosarms.com/training.html

<span style="font-weight: bold">APRIL 14/15 & JULY 21/22</span>

Re: Controlled Chaos Arms Precision Rifle Course - IA

Check on the mail for two spots.

It was great! Tony Gimmellie and Rob Ormond did a terrific job covering marksmanship fundamentals, wind reading, and exterior ballistics. There were also many fun drills (some were humbling, even for good trigger pullers), and the overall pace and feeling of the class was fun and relaxed, while remaining focused and on target (lame pun). I'll be there next year.

Glad you had a good time Aaron and hopefully learned something from the class. You did very well. Keep practicing.

Thanks to Michael and the CCA crew for the opportunity and also for letting us stay at your house. Big thanks to Jennifer for putting up with us LOL

Just wanted to thank Tony and Rob again for the PR1 class. Great for getting my wife behind a gun and building her confidence and skill with proper training by two of the best! Now I have a shooting partner and competition plus a good cook. Thanks guys.

Bringing it back up for you midwest shooters.

We are excited to be coming back to do it again. We look forward to seeing everyone again.

Tell your friends and we will be sending lead down range again soon with you guys and gals!!

Thanks for having us. Hopefully the April class will fill up soon.

Still a few spots left!!

btt

Hey Tony and Rob, any plans for a PR-2 class this year?

We are hoping that if we can get enough ppl thru PR1 this year and if we can squeeze it in for OCT we may attempt to do a PR2 we will have to see.

We are ready when you guys can fill up the class
smile.gif

Bump up for the weekend.

Add two more to that list.

I'm primarily interested in long range hunting and recreational rifle shooting. Just looking to fine tune my shooting skills. I don't shoot tactical matches, but I haven't ruled in out in the long run. Would this course be appropriate for me?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: my human host</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm primarily interested in long range hunting and recreational rifle shooting. Just looking to fine tune my shooting skills. I don't shoot tactical matches, but I haven't ruled in out in the long run. Would this course be appropriate for me? </div></div>

you're a primary target for the course. this is perfect for exactly what you describe. hurry every chance you get and sign up. we ran out of slots last year and i was hard, but we had to stop registrations due to room and instructor/student ratio.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: my human host</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does the class cost and what are the gear requirements? </div></div>

Cost is $540 ($500 for course and $40 for range fees)

Training page for CCA:

http://www.controlledchaosarms.com/training.html

Precision Rifle I course description, prerequisites, etc.:

http://www.controlledchaosarms.com/files/CCA%20Precision%20Rifle%20I.pdf

We are really getting excited to head to Iowa for another great class. Look forward to meeting everyone.

first dates for april are rapidly approaching... some comments from the last class:

I want to thank you for setting that class up. It was a great opportunity to learn and practice something that many can't often put to work at our short ranges. – Michael M.

I had a great time at the class! Rob and Tony did a terrific job; you couldn't have found two better instructors. I learned an incredible amount of information about marksmanship fundamentals, reading wind, terminal ballistics, and got some really good dope for my rifle out to 500 yards. – Aaron S.

Both guys were great to work with. They were very nice, knowledgeable, and more than willing to help with anything you needed. You could really tell that they enjoy shooting and teaching. It’s also nice to have their experience and knowledge and still be that easy going. – Dave L.

Looking forward to another full class of shooters. The amount of improvement we seen in 48 hours was incredible.

I can say I know everyone left with a smile on their faces and they left alot better shooter then they came!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WI_Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">still have openings for 2-3 shooters? </div></div>

yes. please contact me asap.

515 344 4443

-michael

Michael,

Registration and payment were mailed today for the April class. Really looking forward to it!!!

Thanks,
Gene

Anyone interested in getting in at the last minute get a hold of Micheal. I am sure he can work something out for you.

we have slots left available for the april 14/15 dates and openings for the july course as well!

get in, get trained, become cool like me. ...actually set your sights a tad higher than me, but you catch my drift...

B)

Still have some room if you are in IOWA area get with Mike and come on out and have some fun

Great time was had by all this weekend! Tony and Rob were very patient with all of us. If your in the midwest and have the ambition and ability I would jump all over there next training session. You will leave the weekend with some great comrade-re and knowledge.

T.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great time was had by all this weekend! Tony and Rob were very patient with all of us. If your in the midwest and have the ambition and ability I would jump all over there next training session. You will leave the weekend with some great comrade-re and knowledge.

T. </div></div>

many thanks theron! we appreciate your business.

our next course is july 21/22! get in and get signed up early. we're over half way full at this point, so slots in the july course won't be available forever.