• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Cool knife I was given

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
I have a friend who has a cousin in the Finnish special forces. My friend stays in touch with his cousin and I gave my friend one of my unit shirts to send over to his cousin while he was in the middle east. His cousin sent me back this knife which I thought was pretty cool. I pulled it out of the drawer this evening and was looking around online and reading about it. It's a JP Peltonen M95. It's made in village of Fiskars where they make the axes and scissors, these are supposed to be partially hand made. Apparently it is made of forged carbon steel (0,55%) and hardened to 58 Rockwell and coated with Teflon. The blade measures 5" long and is .20" thick at the handle. The handle is molded rubber and the sheath is leather. A rubber grommet holds the knife very securely in the sheath and the thumb block on the sheath is used for leverage to pull the knife out. I haven't seen anything like it before and it seems to work very well.

I figured I'd share a few pics for anyone interested. I'm not much of a knife collector but I thought this was pretty cool.

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

Re: Cool knife I was given

Jealous. Usually those are made from an extremely hard and wear restant core piece with a softer steel surrounding it for strength. Fine piece. Jealous. Repeat. Jealous.

Can I haz? Seriously sweet though. Doesn't look cheaply made at all. Very quality.

....that is a nice piece of kit.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jealous. Usually those are made from an extremely hard and wear restant core piece with a softer steel surrounding it for strength. Fine piece. Jealous. Repeat. Jealous. </div></div>Also known as laminated steel.

Nice knife!

Hell of a trade you made, even though you didn't know it was going to be a trade.. even better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is the perfect little knife! How long is the blade, and if it is less than 5" where does a regular guy get one? </div></div>

If you measure from along the bottom of the blade it'll make 5", measure down the spine and it's just under 5".