• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cop Buys Mom Booster Seat Instead of Issuing a Ticket

This is one case where he should've written a ticket. Car seats are so cheap, and readily available, sometimes for free.

This is one case where he should've written a ticket. Car seats are so cheap, and readily available, sometimes for free.

as for you, you should study the law and learn that a ticket is illegal in the united states, and in Michigan state.

Tickets have been outlawed? That's news to me.

have you ever wondered why the public/indoctrination schools don't teach the law?

they have been getting away with it for so long because the cops and the citizens are both ignorant of the law.

when the citizens don't know the law what do you get? Lawlessness or "iniquity" as Christ put it.

it's a civil infraction not criminal, there is a difference........in other words it's not a law it's a code/regulation/policy for CORPORATIONS.

Wow.
You do know that civil law applies to individuals also, right?
Things like child custody issues, landlord/tenant disputes and many cities have moved their enforcement of traffic code to the civil courts, these are just a few examples.
Here is some info:

http://courts.mi.gov/self-help/center/casetype/pages/infraction.aspx

Apparently you are a lawyer though and already know much of this.
pray tell, from what esteemed institution did you receive your law degree?
And no, I am not, nor am I claiming to be a lawyer.

So the lady did have a booster seat, it was taken with the car that was repossessed. The mom had fallen under hard times and could not afford one. Nor did she know that they were given out at the fire dept. So the cop was just trying to help a person out. And make sure the child is safe.

For all you people that say she should have gotten a ticket... What the fuck would a ticket have done to help anything? Give the cop a fucking break, they are people too.

What is the point of that? The woman is to poor to afford a booster seat but you think she can afford a ticket and a booster seat? All a ticket would have done is delay her purchase of a booster seat.

Bravo for the officer and I don't find myself saying that a lot, but in this case he saw someone down on her luck and instead of making it more of hardship for her, he spent his own hard earned money and helped her. Random act of kindness goes a long way in changing how the public views our officers. In my opinion he accomplished both those things. Sometimes its better to help and teach than punish.