• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Cost Removed : ATACR F1 4-16X50 vs Kahles K318i ?

TacticalPlinker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
On optical / mechanical performance alone , cost removed from discussion - ATACR F1 4-16X50 Mil C - vs - Kahles K318i MSRk . What is the the better scope . Going on a MCS PRS2 / 20" Proof CF 6.5 Creed build . 800y gun max

Hunting & steel . Wooded areas

Thanks for the input

TP...

Better in what way ?

The Kahles has 2x more magnification is that better ?

Better is subjective, how about thinking for yourself rather than letting others pick your favorite color.

Which features are important to you, which reticle speaks to your brain and your type of shooting,

Try thinking for yourself, and life becomes much easier

Better in what way ?

Better is subjective, how about thinking for yourself rather than letting others pick your favorite color.

Which features are important to you, which reticle speaks to your brain and your type of shooting,

Hi Frank. The magnification levels are not so important they're pretty close. Optically and mechanically how do they compare. Is the $1,000 disparity obvious between the two?

My opinion only, the Kahles resolves parallax a little easier BUT it has the parallax in a weird spot, so training.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
My opinion only, the Kahles resolves parallax a little easier BUT it has the parallax in a weird spot, so training.
That's what I'm looking to hear. I have the K525i , But the K3-18 versus the ATACR 4-16 I've never seen them side by side

Never seen the ATACR but until the ZCO ZC420 came out the K318i was my favorite ultra short (optically/mechanically). I will say this, resale on the Kahles is not great so I'd recommend you looking for a nice deal here on the Hide classifieds if you decide to go with the K318i.

Better in what way ?

Frank I love you bro. I'm going to make you my life coach. Expect me to reach out to you on a daily basis for your snippets of wisdom. Lol.

Reactions: Bigrederic