• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

coughing after long shooting sessions

yej0001

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Northern CA
This is an odd topic

I find myself shooting for longer sessions lately. After 100+ rounds for range practice, I would cough for a few days. Not sputum, but dry cough. My lower bronchus got very irritated as if inhaling toxic fume. Does that happen to anyone? I have not seen this being discussed. Does anyone actually wearing a respiratory mask to the range?

Re: coughing after long shooting sessions

I would say you're allergic to something in your shooting area.

Possibly allergic reaction - I live in a high allergy area. Hopefully not to gunpowder fume

Thanks

stick ear plugs in your nose

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">stick ear plugs in your nose </div></div>

funny dood

Breathe through your nose when you shoot. You are inhaling the gases I suppose. It has happened to me.

Solution, Karate:

Danielson - breath in through nose, breath out through mouth....

Breathe IN...wax on, breath out, wax off.

I got an even better idea.....Why dont you go see a doctor? You might have something more serious that is just being irratated by something at the range or gun powder, etc.

This time of year you could be kicking up a lot of pollen and breathing it in.

I notice it sometimes too. More when the ground is dry. Haven't noticed it shooting in the snow.

It's unusual that it lasts for a few days. You might want to make a trip to the Doc's office.