• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Counter Drone Tactics

Nobody is listening or doing the math from the sources provided in this thread. Even if that 500' law still exists you cant shoot the drone down. Therefore the law FUNCTIONALLY does not exist. The fucking feds will have your ass if you shoot it or jam it and they get involved.
Yeah but you can use that 500’ court decision to file a suit and make their life miserable for a while

Or just get a cheap drove that you can try and learn to fly

He already posted a link to case law bolstering his claim.

I think it's you who might need to recheck facts.
I'll go back and look but the case law that I've seen referenced was State / local not federal. The federal case regarding air ownership supports the FAA View of air ownership

Tell the police about your drone flying neighbor and that you had some female friends who were sunbathing and he was spying on them.

It has been decades, but I remember reading that airplanes could not fly lower then 1000' over a city/urban area and 500' in the country. Because a drone is smaller this may not apply.
Height an airplane can fly is determined by airspace classification and not by some random City or County ordinance.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is human nature to read the law to favor your position. Judges do it all the time as well. If the drone was shot down by a stranger in a Ronald McDonald mask and was never identified would that law not exist or it that "different."

I am not recommending the drone be shot down. I am for the deal at the source folks.

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
“Hobby” drones are restricted by the FAA to 400 ft agl. My bigger drone is geo fenced and will not climb above 400ft unless I modify it. I have smaller ones that will touch the clouds if I want though. Like everything else, rules and locks only apply to honest people.

Jammer is FCC controlled as it's a radio signal. Jammer = slammer or a healthy fine.
That is true... Unless of course your Jammer is line of sight. They may have changed that language though...lol (a buddy of mine and I had to deal with this directly with the FCC... LOL)

I don't know what's going on with the FAA right now but they were a huge PIA a the few years ago in the Drone community. They empowered the police to enforce the FAA regulations. Of course the police started going full retard on people in some areas. Guys that used to be able to fly at their homes, local parks excetera we're suddenly being ticketed... how would you like to be that douchebag cop, basically taking somebody for the equivalent of flying a kite... LOL

Short of Theis' recommendation, jamming is the easiest way. Most are some type of WiFi frequency or L Band, depending on which one it is. Jamming will cause control loss, and the RTB function may kick in...or not (if the user never set/reset the RTB location it could cause the loss of said drone :D ).

This is kinda murky, messing with wifi/radio signals can be a crime very easily, if not outright iirc. Effective and easy all the same.

I'd suggest a directed microwave, pulsed ideally. Should trigger an RTB routine or freeze it. Not as satisfying, but as far as I am aware not illegal. Make sure you don't burn yourself, I have with radio before and it fucking blows. Sometimes you don't even feel it until a day later when your skin starts bubbling up and flaking off like a goddamn leper.

Might be a useful anecdote to mention that, again iirc, 80 feet above your property is your airspace. Perhaps you can pursue a legal response that would deprive them of the drone in the end.

This is kinda murky, messing with wifi/radio signals can be a crime very easily, if not outright iirc. Effective and easy all the same.

I'd suggest a directed microwave, pulsed ideally. Should trigger an RTB routine or freeze it. Not as satisfying, but as far as I am aware not illegal. Make sure you don't burn yourself, I have with radio before and it fucking blows. Sometimes you don't even feel it until a day later when your skin starts bubbling up and flaking off like a goddamn leper.

Might be a useful anecdote to mention that, again iirc, 80 feet above your property is your airspace. Perhaps you can pursue a legal response that would deprive them of the drone in the end.
It is not your airspace. The airspace belongs to the federal government. In fact it is technically class E airspace in most cases depending on proximity to a Class B, C or D airport. Those within certain distances extend to the surface and that includes your property. All the ruling and various others mentioned above mea is that now federal airway will be used created etc etc at those altitudes as someone else pointed the vertical and horizontal distances aircraft are required to maintain from persons or property under 14 CFR 91.

if you don’t have a remote pilot certificate please don’t speculate on what they can and can’t do based on what you think they should and shouldn’t be able to do.

Get yourself on of these...

1598461363776.png

Well I’m glad to hear that*

That means I can shoot over peoples property I don’t know if I have permission at firing point and at the target.

140 grain drones

So, help the guy that has the range that his neighbor comes out with a drone...

Either you have or you have some friends have kids in the age of 10 to 14...

Every time you go out to shoot, said kids need to be present...

Assuming it's over about 70 degrees oh, you need to have a little kitty pool... Kids appropriately dressed for said pool.

When the Drone shows up... Call the police and make a report that there's a pedophile looking at the kids...

I can not believe any of you would defend some jackass spying on others / peeking in windows.

That smells of libtard.

America has enough tards as is.
If you don't like it, go change the law. Because as it stands those drone Pilots have the law on their side. When the Drone issues were coming up a few years ago... where was this community?

It is not your airspace. The airspace belongs to the federal government. In fact it is technically class E airspace in most cases depending on proximity to a Class B, C or D airport. Those within certain distances extend to the surface and that includes your property. All the ruling and various others mentioned above mea is that now federal airway will be used created etc etc at those altitudes as someone else pointed the vertical and horizontal distances aircraft are required to maintain from persons or property under 14 CFR 91.

if you don’t have a remote pilot certificate please don’t speculate on what they can and can’t do based on what you think they should and shouldn’t be able to do.

I made it clear it was speculation, and kept in mind that if I were wrong it would be to the detriment of absolutely nobody. Exploring legal action between citizens is an extremely civil process, despite how we might feel about crazy Karens and race baiting Sharpton.

Now I know you're a smart cookie and all that, I have no desire to debate you on the topic (which again, I admittedly know little about) so don't take this the wrong way— but don't tell me what to do and act like a fucking dickhole at the same time. We won't get along well often if this is your new normal.

Reminds me of that joke. How do you know somebody is a pilot? Don't worry they will tell you.

Well I’m glad to hear that*

That means I can shoot over peoples property I don’t know if I have permission at firing point and at the target.

140 grain drones

So long as when you launch it you can maintain control of its flight path and ceases to become a projectile and becomes a flight controlled vehicle.

Then we're going to ask for your drone license... Yep got to have one

An asshole that’s continuously flying a drone over your property is a noisy ass peeping Tom! Why the hell is he doing it if not for that reason, fucking bird watching? I would treat the drone like a live peeper. Fuck the FAA!

All these drone laws are too complex for rednecks. Just go with the old fashioned ass whippin.

I made it clear it was speculation, and kept in mind that if I were wrong it would be to the detriment of absolutely nobody. Exploring legal action between citizens is an extremely civil process, despite how we might feel about crazy Karens and race baiting Sharpton.

Now I know you're a smart cookie and all that, I have no desire to debate you on the topic (which again, I admittedly know little about) so don't take this the wrong way— but don't tell me what to do and act like a fucking dickhole at the same time. We won't get along well often if this is your new normal.

Reminds me of that joke. How do you know somebody is a pilot? Don't worry they will tell you.
I wasn’t saying you specifically, but you in the general term as anyone.

its like the democrats trying to ban my AR14.
again it wasn’t directed at you specificall, lost in translation in writing

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
So instead of quoting some law and stuffing it in thier ear that is not a solution and rolling tits up on the mans problem look for solutions.

Our state has this.

HARASSMENT OF HUNTERS, TRAPPERS, OR ANGLERS
Under the Sportsmen’s Rights Act (Parks and Wildlife Code, §62.0125), harassment of hunters, trappers, or anglers is punishable by a fine of $200 to $2,000 and/or 180 days in jail.

Shooters are sportsmen and maybe included.

Furthermore there was a hog out on my range I was shooting at and also damn sure he was harassing migratory dove on many ocasions.

I hate to be the voice of reason. I'd politely ask him not to fly over and invade your privacy.
Start with that. Most reasonable persons would understand the implications.

Height an airplane can fly is determined by airspace classification and not by some random City or County ordinance.
Actually what he is citing are the general minimum AGL altitude restrictions for Part 91 operations straight out of the Federal Air Regulations. And those restrictions have nothing to do with the type of airspace you're in.

How do I know? I'm a instrument-rated Part 91 airman.

Build a Godzilla sized chameleon with sticky tongue and all. When that thing flies over trip the tongue release and eat the drone.

Get yourself on of these...

View attachment 7408517
There are companies that are pursuing these as CUAS options. I would imagine everything goes sideways in a courtroom: drone violating private property, no shots fired, trained raptor takes out drone and still on victim's property, drone lands on spied upon owners property and mysteriously is damaged beyond anything that would ever fly again. Drone pilot's lawyers uses FAA regs to push the "no touch the drone" angle. Not the bird's fault, Falconer was "just flying my bird", no shots, invasion of privacy by the pilot, the pilot is found when they come for the drone...I like it. PETA would probably sue though.

Set up a sporting clays course with lots of lofted targets, the more spring the better.

Reactions: 308pirate
We had one flying around the hood for awhile. Neighbor finally shot it down or winged it and it crashed near a retention pond. Come to find out, the dude had been watching my neighbors girls at their pool. They recovered the drone which had some extra batteries wired up to it for longer flight life and eventually tracked it down to a pedophile that was released 6 months prior. So yeah, find a way to get rid of it. Most likely someone up to no good.
Find your state's sex offender website. Find out who is near you. Circumstantial evidence is good enough to satisfy the preponderance of the evidence in civil court for a lawsuit 😉

Not a lawyer, but I take payments in powder, primers, and .224 68-77gr projo's.

@lariat

"In United States v. Causby, the case that decided how property rights in airspace would work, the court found that the property rights in the air over a small farm extended up to 365 feet aboveground, and therefore that government airplanes flying at 83 feet aboveground (and frightening the farmer’s chickens to death) were trespassing.

Today, your property right in a piece of land extends as high above it as “normal use of the land” requires. That is, your property right extends as high as you build, plus a reasonable buffer so that overflights are high enough to not disturb your use of the land. In rural areas, that buffer is 360 feet; in urban and suburban areas, it’s 500 feet."

Mmm mmmm... I love me some good case law. Especially with dribbles of freedom on top.

Nobody is listening or doing the math from the sources provided in this thread. Even if that 500' law still exists you cant shoot the drone down. Therefore the law FUNCTIONALLY does not exist. The fucking feds will have your ass if you shoot it or jam it and they get involved.
Fuck the feds. Prove I jammed it.

Reactions: gigamortis
I will say I'm a fan of talking with your neighbor first.

Overall I'm sort of dubious that many here can really help you other than that. It seems doing a bit of base line reading on it that laws can vary widely from state to state. In turn my advice would be to see if there's a field office of the FAA to call. The regulations say the very vague term "careless and reckless" which may qualify if you believe he's harassing you for shooting and in turn they may pull his permit.

Reactions: lariat
How about you get one of those and start a pest removal company.

The removal technician could operate remote from off your property.

Any fuck nuts come around to bitch tell them it's aliens.

Couldn’t you just do something entertaining so the drone will be preoccupied with you. Dress up in a centaur costume. Run around While yelling “PENIS!” Face in plain view. Then have another person previously hidden from sight pop out At a predetermined ambush spot and blast it out of the sky. Load up the wreckage and drive away.

How would you be charged? You’ve done nothing wrong?

If the faa weren't assholes they would fix this.
But they won't they will protect drone psychopaths .

You could get a huge banner that said fuck you to lay out when you went to shoot just for fun.

Ask him not to. If no go, get schooled in local laws, video flights, email/post to local LE.

Probably best advice. I also like the idea of getting your own drone and give some tit for tat. Maybe you'll become drone buddies. 🤠

Mavic Air while they're still available new/factory refreshed is likely your best value option. Get more batteries.

I think its funny that many of you on here want to ass rape drone operators...and then get all pissed off when your neighbors call the cops on you for shooting on your own property.

After all, the NOISE of you shooting IS going onto their property, so they should be able to completely control what you do, right?

If he fucks with you in a legal way that you can fuck with him right back using, then get a goddamn drone and fly it over his house every 10 minutes and see what he thinks about it. And if he don't give a fuck, maybe he has thicker skin.

Seems like most folks confuse the concept of freedom with "gimme my shit, and you can go fuck yourself if you want freedom for yourself that I don't like."

Noise /= someone photographing / videoing you in the middle of your 100 acres

Reactions: W54/XM-388
As far as talking to him. He is a first rate asshole going back years due to issues with him trespassing etc and me stoping it

buy your drone and tape a bunch of fishing string to the skids. act like you are wanting to fly with EN drone, fly above said drone, rotors seize, tape detaches from your drone you RTB recover drone and............ up to you from there.

or if it is you actual neighbor and you know where its originating from, go talk to them.

edit: hes an asshole, got it. proceed with COA 1 lol

Jamming may keep the drone out, but won't take it down. If I power my controller down or it loses radio contact with the drone in flight, the drone will return to the last place it took off from. Unless there's an obstacle, then it crashes. Nicer drones have collision avoidance.

That reminds me, I need to glass that motor mount back on...

Try one of these with a can.