• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Counter Sniper scopes Review/Test

Re: Counter Sniper scopes Review/Test

Great thread...both for laughs and "don't step in that cowpie" info. Not that these fine examples of advanced engineering are cowpies or anything like that.

OMG I just read the whole think and almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard. This can't get buried this thread is epic.

This is straight from their site...

Illuminated Retical: 4 Color Red, Green, Blue, <span style="font-weight: bold">Black</span> Variable Intensity

They have an illuminated black reticule...S&B doesn't stand a chance

4-48×56mm New Gen 2 Optical Gunsight Specifications:
<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Power Range: 4×-</span>48×</span>
Main Objective: 56mm
Ocular Lens: 37mm
Bell Diameter-Front: 68mm
FOV&#65288;ft@100yds): 26.7'-2.3'
FOV&#65288;M@100M): 8.9m-0.75m
Lens Quantity: 16
Mounting Length: 198mm
Focus Type: Side Focus
Eye relief&#65288;in): 4.4-3.66
Reticle: TDRM-DI
Tube dia.(in): 30mm
Eyepiece Dia.&#65288;in): 1.77
<span style="font-weight: bold">Finish: Mil Spec</span>
Eyeguard: Soft Durometer
Diopter Adjustment: -3.2&#65374;+2.1
Windage Range(in): 60MOA
Elevation Range(in): 60MOA
Click Value: 0.125MOA
Total Length: 17.35"
Structure: 1 piece monoblock
<span style="font-weight: bold">Waterproofing: Mil Spec Immersion</span>
Fogproofing: Lifetime
<span style="font-weight: bold">Shock Resistance: 2000-5000g's</span>

PDF Specification Sheet
DOH375
*CONTRACT OVERRUN* CSO Aluminum Series 4-48x56 $999.95
DOH306
Aluminum Series 4-48x56 .........$3400.00
DOH330
Titanium Series 4-48x56 .........<span style="font-size: 14pt">$7249.00</span>

HOW ARE THESE BASTARDS ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS?

It's such a shame this company can live with robbing dumbasses blind. If only we could find a way to shut them down...

funny but not if you were the one who got screwed buying on of these.

I just can't see how such blatant lies cannot be illegal, or someone hasn't done something about them? This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen anyone do, much less a company. It's sad that an "American" based company can and does advertise like this.

I got to fondle a Dork Ops "Scope" at the last gun show I went to, total piece of shit, I'd of been better off looking through a bottle of piss with a sharpie reticle... But once again, it was a Military Over run, made especially for USMC Snipers operating covertly in Northern Africa, I was maintaining until he said he'd "give it to me" for $2300,,, I almost pissed myself laughing,,,

This should be tacked and required reading for new guys.
smile.gif

Damn it! 4 pages of reading this crap and still no blown up scope what gives???

shocked.gif
smirk.gif

The problem with the scopes you guys are looking over is the fact that they are over-run models. They must be built with all the miss matched left over parts!!!(floor sweepings)
Maybe someone should buy one of those $5,000. scopes and see what their topshelf "gunsight" realy looks like.
I'm just sayin'

'

I found this on their "Article's & Reviews" page.

---Customer Testimonials

CounterSniper,

There was not enough room to write everything good about your scopes. I own only the best when it comes to Optics. I love the large knob on your scopes, it makes adjustments when shooting much easier. Your scope gathers the most light of any of my scopes. I own Leupold, Burris, Panther, Aimpoint, Bushnell and Trijicon Acog for both .308 & .223

I plan on buying both other scopes offered by Sportsmans Guide. I will also buy your rings to mount them. So far everything I have purchased has been top notch. Thank you for such a good scope.

Ravid Nelson
Tulsa, OK -----

WOW....

Ravid said-- <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">I own only the best when it comes to Optics.</span></span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">Why in the fuck did you capitalize OPTICS? hmm..... Ok, go on, tell us what you own.
smile.gif
</span></span>

Ravid answered---<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">I own Leupold, Burris, Panther, Aimpoint, Bushnell and Trijicon Acog for both .308 & .223</span></span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">Wow, those <span style="font-weight: bold">ARE</span> the best opticts. Man this guy has good taste. Too bad he didn't mention the CS brand that he was writing this review for.</span></span>

..... I have tulsa phone books dating back to 1995 ( I cant honestly give you a good reason, they just sit in the garage) and no such beast exists as far as I could find.
smile.gif

Link to this AMAZING review as well as all of the other ones they have recieved...ALL TWO OF THEM!

So...

Judging from the specifics, I think anyone who is seriously considering a countersniping role really does need to be equipped with one. Those employing such thinking require a corresponding degree of excellence in their gear.

..or sumpin'...

I want to get one and abuse it in my harbor freight vise just for the fun of it. Maybe I'd videotape it too.

Arrrgh...!

Now we know where the Iraqi minister of information went... Comical Ali... He is running the Countersniper PR dept...

John - out

Had one of these. Took it off once I realized I was more accurate when using the one-piece mount as a stand-alone rear sight.

I also want to add that if you have been feeling rather apathetic lately, take a visit to countersniperoptics.com and read the specifications for any of their scopes. Your apathy will instantly disappear, and will be replaced by a very useful form of rage-induced action. Namely in the form of purging the earth of the blight that is CSO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....H O L L Y W O O D............... </div></div>

I called Billy Zane and asked him about the TDMRDI reticle. He prefers the blue one. </div></div>

Hey dont crap on Billy he can do 2 kills with one shot not the lame one shot one kill hathcock thing.

If you look closely I think old Carlos used a CS scope. He fancied the green reticle.

carlos-hathcock-marine-sniper-21249570.jpg

I had a Counter Sniper issued to me on a covert mission to take out a sniper that was pestering our troops. It held up the entire deployment, until 5pm when my mom called and informed that I was late to dinner. We were leaving the battlefield when, wham!, my Counter Sniper scope took an airsoft round directly to the turret. The scope was, needless to say, destroyed. I asked that they cover this under the warranty but they don't cover scopes shot during covert deployments. I'm gonna have to drop another $7k to pick one of these badboys up.

The "contract overrun" part really gives me a chuckle. How many snipers are there in the entire military, amongst all the Services? 5,000? 10,000? The Marine Corps used Unertl scopes for quite awhile, and S&B now; and the Army uses Leupold for the most part. What kind of company produces so many scopes allegedly for the handful of "secret squirrel Tier .08 operators" that they still have thousands upon thousands of em to sell all these years later?

I had a CS rep try to sell me their snake oil about ten years ago, and he tried to pass me that line. Those guys should be ashamed.

Reckon the guys who own C S follow this forum, I would say they do, and I'm sure they realize that their product sucks ass, and they don't care. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

OMG...I'm so glad I found this thread. I looked at their 2x16x44 scope in the US Cavalry store in the PX today. Something didn't seem right so I came home to research. Thank God for this thread....

Yeah, I'm a noob, but a smart noob at least.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: super-tac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a Counter Sniper issued to me on a covert mission to take out a sniper that was pestering our troops. It held up the entire deployment, until 5pm when my mom called and informed that I was late to dinner. We were leaving the battlefield when, wham!, my Counter Sniper scope took an airsoft round directly to the turret. The scope was, needless to say, destroyed. I asked that they cover this under the warranty but they don't cover scopes shot during covert deployments. I'm gonna have to drop another $7k to pick one of these badboys up. </div></div>

smile.gif

Hey maybe you guys could recommend this scope to the guys on "Sons of Gun" He might develop the "first ever sniper mount for a suppressed AK"!!

Great thread.

I finally get why everyone says "Counter Sniper" to the "What is the best scope" posts.

well... i read through this entire thread, and must say... i havent laughed that hard in awhile. damn you epic thread, you made me cry all over myself. =)

This is the best review i have ever read, I almost bought one a year ago.....when I found this review read it again tonight.
Got an IOR 16x42 Mildot , never looked back .....It also stands up to 338 lapua pretty well. thanks John B

How much did you get skinned for on this scope?

You also missed a test parameter or two. How about the sponge test? You know, put the CS in a bucket of water and see how much water it soaks up. This could be interesting. Next, take the scope out of the water and put it into a freezer, and see how long it takes to explode (from all the ice inside).

Since CS has such creative advertising, we must be equally creative in the way we test their stated claims of product reliability.

I appreciate your pictures on the CS scope. You would think that scope went through a marathon torture test.

Ornery

I just got my latest Shotgun News in the mail, and guess who has a new half page ad on the back cover.... Personally, I think publications that have been around long enough such as them should take a stand and tell swindlers like CS to fuck off when they want to advertise their rubbish on the cover of their mag. I doubt Shotgun News would go broke without the ad money from those crooks.

I remember a few years ago first seeing these scopes on the cover of Sportsman's Guide and thinking "are you guys serious"? Even a young novice to the optic world should hear sirens in his head when he sees the side of the scope read " in defense of liberty, etc." I'm astounded that anyone in our country is indeed stupid enough to believe that a scope issued under contract would have any such blathering painted on the side. It's like pasting a big, hillbilly type bumper sticker to the side of your scope.

Still, I'm sure at some point in my life, I'll be somewhere with my (hopefully soon to arrive) SS 5-20 and run into some dude who looks at it and says to himself "hah, that CS I just bought is probably way better, since it's what our snipers use". Sigh........

Give me one. I'll have fun with it. I'll fuck it up sideways from sunday, video the whole thing and ship it back to them demanding a refund because their products suck.

You could tell they were trying too hard to push the "military" angle in their ads. When the sales come to a grinding halt, they will just lower the price and screw a whole new demographic of scope buyers. I'm surprised it worked on any person that could afford a scope that costs $2000+. My grandfather used to say "there is an ass for every seat". I guess he was right.

It fucking pisses me off that some jack off can talk all this shit about how his product is out defending freedom under a military contract, when his POS scope can't hold a zero on a F'n .22!!!

Here's a good review on their website that mentions the hide(probably referring to this thread):).

CounterSniper,

I purchased the 1x4 crusader scope a few months back after many weeks of research. There is a lot of miss-guided information on the net about CS scopes... I was able to find some reviews from folks who own and use the CS line of scopes and what they had to say about them stuck with me. I live on a very fixed income and do NOT have money to burn when it comes to this stuff so for me I needed to get the most value for my buck...My younger brother uses a Nightforce 5x25x56 NSX and told me I was making a mistake buying the CS scope, <span style="font-weight: bold">as he is a follower of the "hide" and all their reviews</span>. I could not be happier with my choice! Comparing the two side by side there is almost no difference in the clarity of the two scopes and he paid close to 2000. for his scope. I spent less than half that and my scope is just as bright and clear as his! My only regret is that I didnt opt for the 2x16x44 instead of the 1x4x24. The extra power would prove better for longer ranges but the 1x4 is a great close-in to mid range scope.

My wife and I recently had our First child and we have many more expenses than we used to now, so I will have to wait on buying a new scope for a while but when I do, you can bet it will be the 2x16x44!

Thank you Dark Ops for bringing Value and quality to the blue-collar shooter!

PS: Pics of my scope mounted on my rifle are available here.

A Customer for Life
Ira Rodriguez

Couldn't help but LOL
laugh.gif

I like the post where a Hide member asked the owner of Sportsman Guide "why he was selling this crap". The response was, that guys were giving them bad reviews so there would be more available for them to buy. F-ing comical. I use a cheap (inexpensive) scope, Vortex Crossfire, but I'm not going to try to compare it to a NF or an S&B. And I didn't pay more for it than a Sightron or a Leupold.

LMAO wow... I didn't make it past the 2nd page of this thread before unintentionally spitting (dip spit..) all over my keyboard. You guys crack me up.. Will have to finish the other pages later:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gondy223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't even mount one of these on my mosin. </div></div>

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clay_James</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a good review on their website that mentions the hide(probably referring to this thread):).

CounterSniper,

I purchased the 1x4 crusader scope a few months back after many weeks of research. There is a lot of miss-guided information on the net about CS scopes... I was able to find some reviews from folks who own and use the CS line of scopes and what they had to say about them stuck with me. I live on a very fixed income and do NOT have money to burn when it comes to this stuff so for me I needed to get the most value for my buck...My younger brother uses a <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Nightforce 5x25x56 NSX</span></span></span> and told me I was making a mistake buying the CS scope, as he is a follower of the "hide" and all their reviews. I could not be happier with my choice! Comparing the two side by side there is almost no difference in the clarity of the two scopes and he paid close to 2000. for his scope. I spent less than half that and my scope is just as bright and clear as his! My only regret is that I didnt opt for the 2x16x44 instead of the 1x4x24. The extra power would prove better for longer ranges but the 1x4 is a great close-in to mid range scope.

My wife and I recently had our First child and we have many more expenses than we used to now, so I will have to wait on buying a new scope for a while but when I do, you can bet it will be the 2x16x44!

Thank you Dark Ops for bringing Value and quality to the blue-collar shooter!

PS: Pics of my scope mounted on my rifle are available here.

A Customer for Life
Ira Rodriguez

Couldn't help but LOL
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I'm confused... when did NF make a 5-25x scope? Or was this a super-secret-tactical-black-op-green-beret-ranger-storm-trooper-esque collaboration between NF and Acura?

I'm sure they make up the reviews that are on their site. these guys wont come on this forum and defend themselves, and the reason is simple, they would lose, because their product is shit.

Beryllium is a highly toxic metal and if exposed to it, at or above the threshold values, it can lead to a chronic beryllium disease (CBD) (i.e. berylliosis) or an acute beryllium disease. Toxic exposure to beryllium is most often thru an inhalation pathway. Beryllium has a variety of effects. Some beryllium combines with a protein and is deposited in the liver, spleen and kidneys, but the beryllium when bound with a biological protein, a hapten, can result in the chronic form of the disease which is believed to be a delayed hypersensitivity immune response. The major toxicological effects of beryllium are on the respiratory tract,specifically the lungs and their alveoli. made in china and you wonder why ?? this post started out bad now its too funny ..talk about smoke and mirrors served to con and scam people's hard earned money !!!save your money buy good or better -once!!but i must laugh very hard too !!

OMG was this funny!

Thanks for the laughs
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cz777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beryllium is a highly toxic metal and if exposed to it, at or above the threshold values, it can lead to a chronic beryllium disease (CBD) (i.e. berylliosis) or an acute beryllium disease. Toxic exposure to beryllium is most often thru an inhalation pathway. Beryllium has a variety of effects. Some beryllium combines with a protein and is deposited in the liver, spleen and kidneys, but the beryllium when bound with a biological protein, a hapten, can result in the chronic form of the disease which is believed to be a delayed hypersensitivity immune response. The major toxicological effects of beryllium are on the respiratory tract,specifically the lungs and their alveoli. made in china and you wonder why ?? this post started out bad now its too funny ..talk about smoke and mirrors served to con and scam people's hard earned money !!!save your money buy good or better -once!!but i must laugh very hard too !! </div></div>

Is Beryllium the liquid metal that they injected into Wolverine in X-men?