• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Counter Sniper scopes Review/Test

Re: Counter Sniper scopes Review/Test

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread has lasted longer than any Countersniper scope. </div></div>

Guys, I am sorry, but I had to register after doing a search on my newly aquired scope.. I was nearly crying how you guys are ragging on this quality optic.

LOL.. Amazing. I bought a DPMS .308 from a guy and this "Tacti-cool" was on it. Looks cool. It is a 3-25x56. Cool. Never heard of them. Went to the website, cool website. Looked through the glass, amazing. Looks cluttered, but "tacti-cool" I called the 866 number to see which one I received. There are no part numbers on it, so I wanted to know what to look for. Left a message, and a guy immediately called me right back. Spoke to him for 5 mintes regarding which model it may be, the glass, the reticle, basically just simple chit-chat. He said there was less than a 1% chance this was anything but the "Contract Overrun". Before I knew what I was getting, I just had purchased a Nightforce 3.5-15x50 NXS from Samplelist.com.to use on my 300WM. http://www.samplelist.com/Nightforce-35-15x50-NXS-Tactical-Rifle-Scope-DEMO-B-P4371.aspx

I will be receiving that on Monday. He told me I would like this thing better. I said cool. It's going either on a 700P in 300WinMag, or a DPMS in .260Rem. Then maybe on my 50 bmg. He said no problem, then told me about the 5000g rating. Thats when I started getting red flags in my thoughts. Here are some pics. I literally just pulled it out of the box 2 hours ago.

Here are the pics. I completely believe you guys, but I will be running it to only 300 yards this weekend. Right now I only have a 6x48 ACOG to put it up against. I'll first try it on my 260 Rem, then maybe my 308 bolt. I'll let you know next week. It looks great, it's heavy(no scale here at the firehouse, but I'll weigh it when I get home). The mounts look great, but I know better..LOL You guys have a great website here. I have been lurking for a while now. Thank you, and sorry I ressurected this thread, but it is too funny to die.

counter1.jpg

counter2.jpg

counter3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rick G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I just had purchased a Nightforce 3.5-15x50 NXS from Samplelist.com.to ....... He told me I would like this thing better. I said cool. </div></div>

That is comedy gold right there!!!!

I know better than that. I could not believe it. I have to say. I'm going to try to figure out this dual reticle, and when I do, it probably won't matter because it's grouping will be all over the place. lol .

Well Rick, welcome. You might be running into the best lesson with regards to the CS vs NF decision: Buy once, cry once. It's a hard lesson (I still struggle with it at times mostly due to lack of patience), but will serve you well in the long run. I honestly hope the CS works out for you. If not, I honestly hope you can take it to a pawn shop and sell it for a chunk of change.

So quick question: Did the previous owner mount the rings with the screws facing opposite directions? Was that to keep the ninjas hiding in The GAP from being able to take his scope off quickly?

You need to do a legit tracking test, and fire a few rounds, then return to zero, and see if it tracks right. That is a much better and thorough test than shooting some groups to see if it handles recoil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Rick, welcome. You might be running into the best lesson with regards to the CS vs NF decision: Buy once, cry once. It's a hard lesson (I still struggle with it at times mostly due to lack of patience), but will serve you well in the long run. I honestly hope the CS works out for you. If not, I honestly hope you can take it to a pawn shop and sell it for a chunk of change.

So quick question: Did the previous owner mount the rings with the screws facing opposite directions? Was that to keep the ninjas hiding in The GAP from being able to take his scope off quickly? </div></div>

LOL>. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it...unreal. Maybe for the 5000g test, it works better this way? I am definately not expecting anything spectacular, so it maybe easily said that I will mount it on an old Fed Arms 308 and off it for some Night Vision like this..LOL

PS. The salesman said the warrantee was only good for the origianl owner. I wouldn't mind having one of you professionals doing an accurate field test with it, as long it comes back in one piece..( and we already know that may not happen if it touches grass). lol

http://www.countersniperoptics.com/cgist...id=4125671.3084

Searching for reviews of the CS is what here in the 1st place. Do not regret not purchasing one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rick G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I just had purchased a Nightforce 3.5-15x50 NXS from Samplelist.com.to ....... He told me I would like this thing better. I said cool. </div></div>

That is comedy gold right there!!!!</div></div>

Lonewolf. Can you do a review on your site ....lol

+1 give to John McQuay/ lonewolfusmc, and let him do a serious, honest, and thorough review. I would love to see it!!

My favorite CS catch phrases...
- InfraZorb
- Pure Optical Glass
- Bertrillium-Zantitium
- Rare earth gas
- TitaniStar AntiScratch coating
- DustCaster IonCharge
- Extra Low Dispersion lenses
- Hard earth sealed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lonewolf. Can you do a review on your site ....lol </div></div>

CS Hasn't been returning my email. I met Frank Miller (CEO) at SHOT 2011. He seemed receptive to sending us one, but they were "short on supply". That was almost a year ago. I think I may have asked too many questions about the scopes.

I may try to give them a call today, but I get tired of wasting my time. I wanted to get one from CS directly so that no one can claim it's worn out or defective. I also wanted to test it like I did the Bushnell Elite Tactical. However if someone sent me a CS I would put it through the same tracking tests as I do any other optic.

I am very close to purchasing one, but I really need a new barrel and don't really need this level of optic.

Lonewolf. I'll send it out to you. I used it as a spotter this weekend to only 200 yards. Kind of foggy at 25x. I really like the reticle, but only if it can be consistent. I'll send it out once I get your addy. Thanks very much. For Ninja-gear, it is a pretty cool piece.

I think what they are doing would considered fraud by false advertising. They claim all those features that are not true at all. Yesterday I was listening to Gun Talk Radio and this guy called in and said that he had 2 of these scopes and couldn't figure out how hold over using a mill dot reticle worked. It seemed that the 2 different models he had that were in the second focal plane and he couldn't understand the directions in the manual that came with the scopes. I felt bad for him because he thought he bought something nice. All that company does is use a higher price to make the consumer believe they are receiving a better quality product. I would be surprised if they were nothing more than a 50$ scope with a complicated reticle.

Heck yes, I cannot wait to see a review from John on this scope. If I may add only one request is to make it kind of long and thorough so there cannot be many/any reasons to fault the testing features. What scopes could you compare it next to? I know you have a Razor and a Bushnell already.

I can't wait to see the test as well. I'll be shipping it tomorrow. Do you guys make all the new members ship stuff to the senior members?? LOL I still have some decent money into this thing, but it basically was included on a new DPMS 308 rifle. The guy who shipped it wrapped it terribly. I will not be doing the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FireCore50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't wait to see the test as well. I'll be shipping it tomorrow. Do you guys make all the new members ship stuff to the senior members?? LOL I still have some decent money into this thing, but it basically was included on a new DPMS 308 rifle. The guy who shipped it wrapped it terribly. I will not be doing the same. </div></div>

Don't worry one little bit.....Remember it's military grade hardware..says so on their website. It was designed to endure much harsher conditions than the guy driving the brown truck can throw at it. You could probably stick a bunch of postage on it and mail it USPS and all would be well
smile.gif
. It'll be nice to have further objective reviews on this elusive optic. Guess we're lucky that they had a couple of units left from a military contract overrun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FireCore50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to try to figure out this dual reticle</div></div>

heres how you do that...set it on a fence post at 100 yards and smack it amidships of the objective with a 240gr outa your 300....instant figured out...

youre welcome

hahahahaha. I'll wait to see if it is determined if this is the $4300 model..lol. This post will never die after the review.. Can't wait to get my NF tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lonewolf. Can you do a review on your site ....lol </div></div>

CS Hasn't been returning my email. I met Frank Miller (CEO) at SHOT 2011. He seemed receptive to sending us one, but they were "short on supply". That was almost a year ago. I think I may have asked too many questions about the scopes.

I may try to give them a call today, but I get tired of wasting my time. I wanted to get one from CS directly so that no one can claim it's worn out or defective. I also wanted to test it like I did the Bushnell Elite Tactical. However if someone sent me a CS I would put it through the same tracking tests as I do any other optic.

I am very close to purchasing one, but I really need a new barrel and don't really need this level of optic. </div></div>

OK, i am a subscriber to your YouTube channel and have learned a LOT from it. i am DYING to see this review....

smile.gif

-Paulus

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What scopes could you compare it next to? I know you have a Razor and a Bushnell already. </div></div>

Right now sitting on the bench I have a NXS F1, SS 5-20x and an HDMR. Of course I also have my personal Razor HD and USO SN-3. No S&B or Hensoldt scopes here right now unfortunately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FireCore50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't wait to see the test as well. I'll be shipping it tomorrow. Do you guys make all the new members ship stuff to the senior members?? LOL I still have some decent money into this thing, but it basically was included on a new DPMS 308 rifle. The guy who shipped it wrapped it terribly. I will not be doing the same. </div></div>

Don't worry. I will treat it nice. As long as it doesn't die under the wicked recoil of a .308 you will get it back in the same condition it arrived in. If it was mine, I would kick the crap out of it and do exactly what I did to the Bushnell Elite Tactical. Since it is not mine, I will be extremely careful with it, but it will get thoroughly tested on tracking, and reticle calibration.

Unfortunately I have caught some LEO's with these on their rifles because they didn't know any better. If I can get the word out, then all the better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308crosshairs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure would like for you to do a review on the SS 5-20x. </div></div>

That is actually going to be done this week (hopefully). The scope is getting near the end of it's time with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Unfortunately I have caught some LEO's with these on their rifles because they didn't know any better. If I can get the word out, then all the better. </div></div>

O.K. Now I'm not going to sleep very well at night. Is this one department? or one guy from a department? Can't imagine a LEO out there...having to take "The shot" to end a hostage situation with one of those scopes. Damn...I had a Tasco that came on a rimfire a few years back..should have saved it..I could have sent it to that guy...even though the reticle was glued on more to one side
smile.gif
...at least it tracked..sort of.

The imagined LE Sniper and the real ones are sometimes vastly different. You have full time teams, part time teams, or a bunch of guys with UTG vests and surplus M16's. Outside of fulltime teams you often see officers using their personally owned equipment.

Cops are not always "gun guys" even when you are talking about SWAT operators. Much like the military, they take what they are handed and figure out how to accomplish the mission with it. When they have to buy stuff on their own, they have to balance the gun magazines, the internet and what bubba at the gunshop tells them. That is one of the reasons I am quick to try to guide LE to educated decisions. If a recreational shooter buys a piece of crap it can be a bad day at the range or a lost competition. If a LE Sniper buys a piece of crap, it can mean the end of an innocent life.

Looking at their website, some of it can be proven as fraud in less than 30 seconds, like:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The world's only lifetime warrantee on tactical scopes</div></div>

That is, quite simply, an outright lie which is easily refuted just by checking any number of other manufacturers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking at their website, some of it can be proven as fraud in less than 30 seconds, like:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The world's only lifetime warrantee on tactical scopes</div></div>

That is, quite simply, an outright lie which is easily refuted just by checking any number of other manufacturers.

</div></div>

yes! this is what pisses me off about CS so much. the outright LIES. not half truths but LIES. And, incredibly, people fall for them. the one you pointed out is obvious. and the fancy non existance features and materials? really? there are people out there that stuff didnt get their bullshit meter going off full bore? i hate seeing people get ripped off, and worse, i hate seeing an obvious scam artist get away with it and get rich doing it.

-Paulus

Hopefully the scope holds together long enough to get a full review...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outdoorsman9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully the scope holds together long enough to get a full review... </div></div>

Don't hold your breath
smile.gif
....It's being subjected to the wicked recoil of the mighty .308 and not an airsoft gun. It might be touch and go.

It's all packaged up. Shipping Fed Ex tomorrow. I was afraid to run it this past weekend. Wanted to save it for the test. I used it to try to range and spot the targets. Not at all clear like my ACOG or even the Super Sniper 10x by SWFA. I received my NF 3.5-15x50 today. Amazing optic.

Should have arrived today, tomorrow at the latest.

Showed up yesterday.

DSC00907.jpg

About all I can do is a cursory inspection. The elevation turret lock is screwed so there is no way for me to run a tracking test. The lock is stuck in the "lock" position. Attempting to unlock it just spins off the lock knob which appears to have been held on with hot glue. My first attempt to turn the turret yielded rotation with no clicks. I realized that the set screws had backed out. I tightened them and attempted to turn the turret and the entire turret began to unscrew. At that point I just stopped. I was trying to be very careful not to damage the scope beyond what it already is. The windage turret lock is slightly bent, but I can at least unlock it and get a feel for the "clicks" of the turret which are indistinct and closely spaced. The parallax turret seems to operate correctly although I didn't check to see if the marks line up.

The glass is pretty horrible. My $99 Tasco 6-24x is a good comparison. The Falcon 4-14x simply blows it away. The scope appears very prone to flare if you have to shoot anywhere near the direction of the sun.

The illumination should not even be considered a feature. The lowest setting if far too bright with either red or green. The highest setting is great, because it illuminates all the dust on the reticle.

There is a defect in the glass very close to the center. If you get anything other that perfect light it's visible. It's not visible in the picture above, but I kept seeing it with the naked eye.

I am not going to mount and shoot it because it would just be a waste of ammo. Since it is defective I can't justify running more than the inspection I have. Even if the one I have here is an accurate representation of a new scope, no one would believe it if I tried to write a review and the fanboys (yes, they are out there) would have something to pick at.

I am still interested in getting a new CS at some point for a review, but at this time I can't justify dropping the cash on it when for just a little more you can step up to a Bushnell or Weaver.

FireCore50, thank you very much for sending this too me. I regret that I am not able to run a full test on it. I will box it up and get it back to you. Hopefully you can call CS up and get it fixed/replaced.

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

This is awesome. Maybe the government does use the counter sniper, they just want you to think they use the other scopes so we don't have the same superior technology. I mean it says that the scope is made for the United States of America right on the side in tactical white paint.

Had fellow come into the shop with one of these and had also bought and installed one of their pic rails. He could'nt get it to sight in. 7" high at 100. So I proceeded to remove said rail and as I turned out the back screws first the rail kept coming up..and up...and up off the action about 1/4". We replaced the rail and tried to bore sight the scope. The windage go "click,click,click,smoooooooooooooooooooooooth,click,click,smoooooooooooth. Brand new scope. I quit right there. Dude had over a grand in it.

LOL.. Amazing. Thanks for the insight. I kind of knew that it was going to be junk, but I am not "in the biz" to say so..haha.. Thanks much., I hope this opened up some eyes. Thank you for not "blowing it up!" with your .308. Nice pic next to a real scope. I think thats what I have, NF 3.5-15x50 . Thank you again.

PS, how do the rings look? Worthy of use with another scope? Thank you.

Hey LoneWolf, when can we expect your review of the Weaver? We need something cheerful to make up for this abomination they call a scope lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Showed up yesterday.

DSC00907.jpg

About all I can do is a cursory inspection. The elevation turret lock is screwed so there is no way for me to run a tracking test. The lock is stuck in the "lock" position. Attempting to unlock it just spins off the lock knob which appears to have been held on with hot glue. My first attempt to turn the turret yielded rotation with no clicks. I realized that the set screws had backed out. I tightened them and attempted to turn the turret and the entire turret began to unscrew. At that point I just stopped. I was trying to be very careful not to damage the scope beyond what it already is. The windage turret lock is slightly bent, but I can at least unlock it and get a feel for the "clicks" of the turret which are indistinct and closely spaced. The parallax turret seems to operate correctly although I didn't check to see if the marks line up.

The glass is pretty horrible. My $99 Tasco 6-24x is a good comparison. The Falcon 4-14x simply blows it away. The scope appears very prone to flare if you have to shoot anywhere near the direction of the sun.

The illumination should not even be considered a feature. The lowest setting if far too bright with either red or green. The highest setting is great, because it illuminates all the dust on the reticle.

There is a defect in the glass very close to the center. If you get anything other that perfect light it's visible. It's not visible in the picture above, but I kept seeing it with the naked eye.

I am not going to mount and shoot it because it would just be a waste of ammo. Since it is defective I can't justify running more than the inspection I have. Even if the one I have here is an accurate representation of a new scope, no one would believe it if I tried to write a review and the fanboys (yes, they are out there) would have something to pick at.

I am still interested in getting a new CS at some point for a review, but at this time I can't justify dropping the cash on it when for just a little more you can step up to a Bushnell or Weaver.

FireCore50, thank you very much for sending this too me. I regret that I am not able to run a full test on it. I will box it up and get it back to you. Hopefully you can call CS up and get it fixed/replaced.

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00887.jpg
</div></div>

EPIC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rusty815</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey LoneWolf, when can we expect your review of the Weaver? We need something cheerful to make up for this abomination they call a scope lol. </div></div>

It's coming. The SS 5-20x50 is next up. Then the F1. Then the HDMR. I have to do them pretty close to the order I receive them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FireCore50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PS, how do the rings look? Worthy of use with another scope? Thank you. </div></div>

You can probably reuse them if you lap them. I wouldnt put too much stock in the bores being true.

Thank you, sir. I will see what I can do with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is like a cold sore that just won't go away. </div></div> its like the flu virus once caught oh hell comes with it !!!!i say i have so much smoke and mirrors over the years C/S takes the bacon out of the pork !!!i have read the their claims ......who is the suckers for that one like obingo lovers are in the same sinking boat .....con job !!

It gets scarier...
http://www.ammoland.com/2012/01/05/dark-ops-customs-knife-gun/#axzz1psZX7vbA
Because who else would you want working on your guns? I had the misfortune of doing business with Dark Ops Holdings LLC and Frank Duren (their "master gunsmith", rofl) and I can tell you the work being done at this shop is of the same quality as their "gunsites". This whole operation seems to be allergic to telling the truth. Get the word out on these frauds.