• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Counter Sniper scopes Review/Test

Re: Counter Sniper scopes Review/Test

Three of these CS scopes showed up at my local range today installed on 3 different rifles including a new Savage 110 BA in 338 Lapua. I only know what the scopes look like from this forum. I was looking over the rifle because I'm interested in it and low and behold I noticed the white "tactical" writing all over the scope and saw the notorious Statue of Liberty on the eyepiece. I laughed to myself as I asked the "retired police officer" what kind of scope it was. He said very proudly it was a Counter Sniper and that he had 3 of them. I replied with the old never heard of the CS brand response. He started to give me the special operations speech and I cut him off with "have you ever heard of Nightforce or Snipers Hide?" He got angry and said yeah those guys on Snipers Hide don't know jack sh!t. I watched him waste at least $100 worth of ammo trying to sight the 338 Lapua rifle in. A couple clicks left, a couple clicks right, a couple clicks back and forth for at least an hour. I even heard him say to his son/friend that something was wrong with the scope. At this point I started to feel bad for the poor guy. His partner then chimed in with "well we'll just send it back. They will take care of us." He asked me what scopes the military uses. I said not that brand, probably Nightforce or Leupold maybe even US Optics. I then got the "they make a titanium version that is $8000. I replied with "no scope is worth $8000 and left him alone. As I was leaving they had run out of ammo and they were still adjusting the scope. I'm honestly surprised it lasted as long as it did on the 338, although, the brake on that rifle is very effective.

did any you ladies and gentlemen see the dark-ops display at the nra show in st Louis. booth 3717
i cant believe the nra let those clowns have a display
they had a bunch of those junk counter sniper scopes at their booth .
i just walked by and laughed at them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: floptron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It gets scarier...
http://www.ammoland.com/2012/01/05/dark-ops-customs-knife-gun/#axzz1psZX7vbA
Because who else would you want working on your guns? I had the misfortune of doing business with Dark Ops Holdings LLC and Frank Duren (their "master gunsmith", rofl) and I can tell you the work being done at this shop is of the same quality as their "gunsites". This whole operation seems to be allergic to telling the truth. Get the word out on these frauds.
</div></div>

The comments on the link are +1.

damn more smoke and mirrors ..its still alive ...so how many got this raw deal?

Hey Kam,
Was Scott with you and which range I gotta hear more about this lol.

I honestly cannot believe companies such as The Sportsmans Guide sells these things. Its basically a scam.

Even worse....they are now in the MidwayUSA catalog that showed up at my house today.

They have listed the Crusader line of scopes for roughly $550.

damn, this thread is still not broke yet unlike the scope will ! great Q/C call !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roboto1138</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I mean it says that the scope is made for the United States of America right on the side in tactical white paint. </div></div>

This is awesome

HEY ASSHOLES. IM ONE OF THE DUMBASSES THAT BOUGHT ONE OF THESE. THANKS FOR MAKING ME FEEL LIKE SHIT. I BOUGHT A SAVAGE 110 BA AND “NOW” NEED A NEW SCOPE FOR IT FOR UNDER A GRAND. ANY SUGGESTIONS. I WISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THIS FORUM ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO. I AM NEW TO THE LONG RANGE GAME AND AS USUALL DONT WANT TO SPEND ALOT OF MONEY. I AM CURRENTLY BUILDING A BLACKOUT AS WELL AND TRYING TO SPLIT THE MONEY BETWEEN BOTH RIFLES. I REALLY AM GLAD TO SEE THIS BC I NOW KNOW THAT IM A BETTER SHOOTER THEN WHAT THIS SCOPE SAYS I AM.

it sounds like you are trying to blame people who know for your own misfortunes. i almost bought one but did a little research and found out they are trash. now own a SSHD

no. i don’t think the guy who sold it to me knew what he was talking about. now that i am learning more about long range shooting i am seeing that it really depends on who u talk to. it doesn’t take long to figure out who is full of shit and who knows their shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Showed up yesterday.

DSC00907.jpg

About all I can do is a cursory inspection. The elevation turret lock is screwed so there is no way for me to run a tracking test. The lock is stuck in the "lock" position. Attempting to unlock it just spins off the lock knob which appears to have been held on with hot glue. My first attempt to turn the turret yielded rotation with no clicks. I realized that the set screws had backed out. I tightened them and attempted to turn the turret and the entire turret began to unscrew. At that point I just stopped. I was trying to be very careful not to damage the scope beyond what it already is. The windage turret lock is slightly bent, but I can at least unlock it and get a feel for the "clicks" of the turret which are indistinct and closely spaced. The parallax turret seems to operate correctly although I didn't check to see if the marks line up.

The glass is pretty horrible. My $99 Tasco 6-24x is a good comparison. The Falcon 4-14x simply blows it away. The scope appears very prone to flare if you have to shoot anywhere near the direction of the sun.

The illumination should not even be considered a feature. The lowest setting if far too bright with either red or green. The highest setting is great, because it illuminates all the dust on the reticle.

There is a defect in the glass very close to the center. If you get anything other that perfect light it's visible. It's not visible in the picture above, but I kept seeing it with the naked eye.

I am not going to mount and shoot it because it would just be a waste of ammo. Since it is defective I can't justify running more than the inspection I have. Even if the one I have here is an accurate representation of a new scope, no one would believe it if I tried to write a review and the fanboys (yes, they are out there) would have something to pick at.

I am still interested in getting a new CS at some point for a review, but at this time I can't justify dropping the cash on it when for just a little more you can step up to a Bushnell or Weaver.

FireCore50, thank you very much for sending this too me. I regret that I am not able to run a full test on it. I will box it up and get it back to you. Hopefully you can call CS up and get it fixed/replaced.

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00887.jpg
</div></div>

Those are some BEEFY turrets.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FIREMAN34</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I WISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THIS FORUM ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO. </div></div>

thread was going on for over 2 years, and is referenced in the optics FAQs sticky. surely you must have done a search on them first, either here or any search engin in general.

if so that would reveal easily that the only good thing said about are the folks that are selling them.

don't trust the reviews on the seller's website, their cousins are paid to make fake reviews.

besides when was the last time you seen that kind of stuff stamped on the side of anything that is real (other than just a P/N / NSN stencil)

should have just been a bright red flag.

I finally killed this scope. 10 minutes with a hammer, and I have the reticle, eye piece, wiring for illum, and all kinds of other shit out of it
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I finally killed this scope. 10 minutes with a hammer, and I have the reticle, eye piece, wiring for illum, and all kinds of other shit out of it
laugh.gif
</div></div>

post pics

Shank....here you go buddy.

Wonder if they will warranty it now?

P9240065_zpsa37522f6.jpg

P9240064_zps8fdb1534.jpg

P9240063_zps28ad112e.jpg

P9240062_zpsc4c17505.jpg

P9240061_zps6bfa91f1.jpg

P9240060_zps9df0a441.jpg

Out of curiosity, how many lenses did you find? Did they appear to be coated at all?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shank....here you go buddy.

Wonder if they will warranty it now?

P9240065_zpsa37522f6.jpg

P9240064_zps8fdb1534.jpg

P9240063_zps28ad112e.jpg

P9240062_zpsc4c17505.jpg

P9240061_zps6bfa91f1.jpg

P9240060_zps9df0a441.jpg
</div></div>

What did the erectors look like? I want to know why they track so bad.

Deadly,

What did the unicorn farts and unobtainum smell like when they were released?

lol

Vaseline, I shit you not, that is the "grease" that was inside the scope
crazy.gif

The erectors, looked like a 30 degree knife. They didn't engage evenly on the erector tube inside the scope, there were some good "out of round" marks on the erector tube.

This is my first post. I found SH forum from researching the ridiculous fallacy perpetuated by the counter sniper manufacturers. I've been a man of irons for 14 years, and I'm planning on doing some very long range shooting now, so I believe it's time to mount some glass boys. I wanted to take the same approach with optics as I did with music equipment, being that a good musician can play on low end gear just as well as high priced items. So I wanted to keep my price range well under $1000. I almost fell for all that BS from Counter Sniper, then I REALLY read what they were saying, and my BS meter went crazy. I don't need to elaborate you all know what I'm talking about. I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to show what a boot**** product that is. I'm going to start with a Burris FF Tac30 3.5x10x50. Once I get some more confidence I'll move up to a serious product with a much high magnification.

Holy crap! Thank god I found this thread before almost buyibg and trying one of these

They are now selling a 1-12x scope and the titanium bodied version is more than an S&B ....lol....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stellite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are now selling a 1-12x scope and the titanium bodied version is more than an S&B ....lol.... </div></div>

Group Buy interest? I heard they are naming this one "BEAUTY" to be mounted in a 45 degree cant to be used in conjunction with the Nightforce BEAST. A joint effort of the SPECOPS community. Operators all across the land requested a 1-12 variable manufactured in such a quantity that there are government overruns. Once the overruns hit the civilian market, the general public may begin to see Nightforce as a legitimate company that is worthy enough to develop optics along with Counter Sniper. Basically a win-win-win scenario for CS, Nightforce, and most of all.....US Operators.

Well if these things were about $100 ish, I'd get one for my kids airsoft guns, but $400 ish? that's a little high for an airsoft scope, IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the final blow is going to be pretty epic and historical as well. Think Carlos Hathcock and the VC sniper that he wacked. Maybe once it takes its final blow ill send it back and see if they will replace it </div></div>

you will have no problem in getting it replaced or a refund if you want it, call them and talk to Carol or Julia, you can also talk to Frank Miller the owner if you ask to speak with him. <span style="font-weight: bold">i have talked to all three of them and another fellow whose name i do not recall, (Bill ?) <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">he sent me a data sheet explaining how to use the TDRM reticle,</span></span> quite a unique reticle.</span> </div></div>

TDRM.jpg

Piston Pete, I challenge you to describe how to use this Tactical Distance Ranging Mildot Double Impact Reticle. Also please post a copy of Dark Ops/CounterSniper Scope's TDRM reticle use instructions. Shouldn't you alread have that info if you bought 5 CounterSnipers and not had to call them for it? Let me guess they didn't include the TDRM instuctions with their tactical scope 5 times in a row.

We're waiting...
it just not die like cs scopes .....seen that Tactical Distance Ranging Mildot Double Impact Reticle in the movie ''Olympus has fallen'' ...damn !! you would think better but Hollyweird is getting worst of showing its true colors !