• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Counties seceding

GoatLD259

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2020
United States
Good afternoon Hide

A bill in my home state has been proposed that would make Western Minnesota part of South Dakota. It would not affect the electoral college at all, in that MN is always blue, and SD always red. SD would still elect 2 GOP senators, and MN 2 DFL senators. A change would be in electoral votes. MN would lose, and SD would gain. Honestly, MN is run by Hennepin County. The same county that elects Ihan Omar, gives us two democratic senators, and makes MN blue in every presidential election. The same can be said about our governor.

There is also a similar idea going on in some Oregon counties wanting to join Idaho.

Any other stuck behind enemy lines in MN or Oregon?

Goat

I’ve got friends in Chewela Wa, over near I’d, and almost all the people there are red voters. They pretty much hate how the state is run by the people up and down the coast. They just have too much population density for the rest of the state to outvote them. Its an unfortunate situation because once you drive west from Seattle, it’s a huge state of farms and ranches. Just too many lefties on the coast.

Reactions: accurate obsession
Hi,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just do not ever see this happening...in now way, shape or form.
Have better chance of Trump walking back into Oval Office as President.

Sincerely,
Theis
100%

As much as we all would like for shit to change, it isn't going to happen through legislation.

"And I have an American Dream,
But it involves black masks and gasoline."

Never going to happen.
Agreed. theres 'talk' of parts of Virginia joining West Virginia, but thats about as likely to happen as PedoJoe and Kamaltoe becoming 2A supporters.

Reactions: Wssickta
There are a handful of states that should spit and cut the cancer off.

Seseding should be a good thing but I prefer you start a new red state.

Why not? Sooner is better.

Reactions: Maxwell
Similar thing in Northern Colorado a few years ago, three counties wanted to form the State of Northern Colorado, or become part of Wyoming. First hurdle would be getting it through the State legislature, then Congress (US) would have to approve it.

Never would happen.

Reactions: Bender
In case of some states the majority of counties want to GTFO from under communist oppression what is the hold up?

Ain't gonna happen. I'm in southern MN and I would love for that to happen
I am in the same area. Lots of my friends in the area that would join the new SD seem to find it interesting and are open to it. However, my friend who resides in Hennepin county just refers to it as a way to enhance racism, then proceeded to call me a racist. Lol

That’s how it is talking with the left now though. Lol

I never see this happening ever either.

Goat

Reactions: Loner
Good afternoon Hide

A bill in my home state has been proposed that would make Western Minnesota part of South Dakota. It would not affect the electoral college at all, in that MN is always blue, and SD always red. SD would still elect 2 GOP senators, and MN 2 DFL senators. A change would be in electoral votes. MN would lose, and SD would gain. Honestly, MN is run by Hennepin County. The same county that elects Ihan Omar, gives us two democratic senators, and makes MN blue in every presidential election. The same can be said about our governor.

There is also a similar idea going on in some Oregon counties wanting to join Idaho.

Any other stuck behind enemy lines in MN or Oregon?

Goat
Yes, we here in NY are in red counties that are oppressed by NYC.

The states are too big due to population as it is.

Additionally, we are so polarized with next to zero common ground anymore with 'the other side' that it just makes doing anything of substance impossible.

The only way forward short of some kind of cold civil war that I can see is the US staying together, but breaking states into smaller city states who then have state level laws that trump federal law. This scenario would keep people in the area they want to be in with like-minded people (for both sides) and not be forced to have federal bullshit pushed down their throats.

We're basically too large and too populated to go forward.

If the Dems continue to push to create liberal states, DC - Puerto Rico- Guam, in order to get more political control this could happen.

Whats to stop the Republican Party from promoting carving up existing states or changing state borders if they were in control?

Every move the Dems do to force their power ends up biting them in the ass eventually.

Wait, stop, who am I kidding?

Like the Republicans will ever win an election again and they would really want to have the power to do the right thing......my bad.

I live in a beautiful spot in NE Oregon, but I'm getting ready to sell and move to a free state. Our county was one that voted to secede, but it will never happen. The results of the leftist policies coming out of Salem are evident, even in the small towns; more homeless, more addicts and more marxist transplants every day. They're going strong after gun rights now that the lunatics are running the national asylum.

I saw an episode of america uncovered that talked about this. Some of those counties have been trying this for like 100 years.....

The states are too big due to population as it is.

Additionally, we are so polarized with next to zero common ground anymore with 'the other side' that it just makes doing anything of substance impossible.

The only way forward short of some kind of cold civil war that I can see is the US staying together, but breaking states into smaller city states who then have state level laws that trump federal law. This scenario would keep people in the area they want to be in with like-minded people (for both sides) and not be forced to have federal bullshit pushed down their throats.

We're basically too large and too populated to go forward.
Heh heh, German said Trump heh heh

I live in a beautiful spot in NE Oregon, but I'm getting ready to sell and move to a free state. Our county was one that voted to secede, but it will never happen. The results of the leftist policies coming out of Salem are evident, even in the small towns; more homeless, more addicts and more marxist transplants every day. They're going strong after gun rights now that the lunatics are running the national asylum.
Unfortunately, due to 'urbanization' wherever you move to will sooner or later go blue. Liberals move to the cities, the cities with the population, control the vote count. Its fucked but thats just the way its going. Virginia was once the most conservative of states, known as the 'Gun' state. Now a couple metro areas control it all despite 100 out of 105 counties being 2A sanctuaries.:confused::mad::cry:

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
You can always play their game, and start calling your Counties "Sanctuary Counties", that is if your County Elected Officials have the balls to do it.

Last edited:
I support this, but there's a reason the Soviets used machine guns to keep people in (we aren't there...yet). If you let them loose to regroup, the whole house of cards will fall.

There needs to be a big enema in this country!

Basically all the states need broken up some. Denver and springs, could be metro CO. Atlanta, Metro Georgia. Philly Metro PA, and so on and so on. They will be able to do what ever they want, without red voters in fly over country getting in their way. They will be able to elect 2 democrat senators and get their own electoral college votes. In all we may have 100 stars on the flag. Its a win win.

I’ve got friends in Chewela Wa, over near I’d, and almost all the people there are red voters. They pretty much hate how the state is run by the people up and down the coast. They just have too much population density for the rest of the state to outvote them. Its an unfortunate situation because once you drive west from Seattle, it’s a huge state of farms and ranches. Just too many lefties on the coast.
Most of Washington is red.
the northern I5 corridor is our anus.

Reactions: camocorvette
You can always play their game, and start calling your Counties "Sanctuary Counties", that is if your County Elected Officials have the balls to do it.
We've started that here in Wisc.. The county I live in and a couple of surrounding counties, have taken votes for 2A Sanctuary movements. Mac

We've started that here in Wisc.. The county I live in and a couple of surrounding counties, have taken votes for 2A Sanctuary movements. Mac

Hi,

BUT in reality that means or does nothing; just ask the guy that took his STATE law on suppressors which says in State Statutes (There are a few States that have same statute) that IF the suppressor is manufactured in that State, purchased by a citizen of that State and does NOT leave that State then no NFA regulations control it.....

Did not work out very well for him. So much that citizens in the other States with such laws on their books have not tried it because Sanctuary doesn't mean shit when your State itself doesn't back up their own laws.

Sincerely,
Theis

I see an idea brought up occasionally, and always wondered how feasible it would be: Establish a state system similar to the electoral college, where each county gets, say, one vote, regardless of population, thereby nullifying having one or two cities in a state be able to dominate elections; and if they're democrat-run cities, often fraudulently. I have asked my state and federal reps, twice, about the idea, and never even get a response, not even a canned response. What's wrong with this idea? Would it require a change in states' constitutions?

I signed a petition yesterday.
I tried to engage the lady in a discussion about the 2A sanctuary movement.
The real irony, was they were handing out pocket Constitutions.
I confused her by simply stating, I'm neither for "sanctuary " nor against it. I did finally sign the paper, with this statement, "I'll be glad to sign it. I hope you get all the signatures you need to ask our legislature, to protect the second amendment in our county. Can I have one of these pocket Constitutions?"

I cant believe people are this stupid.

If an entire half of the country wasn’t allowed to leave and were forced at musketpoint back into the “union”, it will take more than some pieces of paper given to some traitorous representatives

Hi,

BUT in reality that means or does nothing; just ask the guy that took his STATE law on suppressors which says in State Statutes (There are a few States that have same statute) that IF the suppressor is manufactured in that State, purchased by a citizen of that State and does NOT leave that State then no NFA regulations control it.....

Did not work out very well for him. So much that citizens in the other States with such laws on their books have not tried it because Sanctuary doesn't mean shit when your State itself doesn't back up their own laws.

Sincerely,
Theis
Yes, it can turn out to be shit, agreed.
We need to maintain our 2nd A rights, through whatever measures possible. It's going to be a "Tit-for-Tat" thing in the end.
Like my case, I may be able to carry legally in my county, but, I go two or more counties over and I got to lock the F'n thing up. I get it, it could all be a worthless effort, or a big ball of shit, but, the message has got to be sent.
I just hope we can all come to an understanding with our local, state, and Fed. .gov entities, because if we can't, I fear for the future. Mac

Reactions: kmckinnon
More importantly, have the balls to back it up.

Minnesota is run by Ramsey (St. Paul) and Hennepin (Minneapolis) counties. This is the same problem in every state-the large population centers are controlling the whole state.