• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Counting down for my oldest to re-deploy

ohiosniper1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2012
Ohio, USA
My daughter left for active Army the day after her 18th birthday in 2010. Quickly griped over her "boring" MOS and she was not able to get a Psyop or CA slot as a new soldier and was not able to get Airborne in her contract. I told her I could make some calls but "Be carefull what you ask for". She was all hard ass and said go for it. Soon after SORB contacted her at MI AIT and she got reassighned to a Group. She was into it right from the start. PT and shooting with the team guys. She jumped at the first group of females to do the FET teams. The Corps had them for a few years but the Army started a limited program with female soldiers being attached to 3rd Group and 75th Regement. She's do back next month, as a dad on this side of deployment for the first time it's sucked more then I thought.
18 years ago:
booniehat.jpg

brucksak.jpg

Last spring:
DSCN0184.jpg

One of the Dad approved care packages:
DSCN1600.jpg

Last Pic she sent me:
nicksfcbt.jpg

Sorry to fill up valuable web space but I'm excited to see the little sh*t.

Re: Coundting down for my oldest to re-deploy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: predator3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My daughter left for active Army the day after her 18th birthday in 2010. Quickly griped over her "boring" MOS and she was not able to get a Psyop or CA slot as a new soldier and was not able to get Airborne in her contract. I told her I could make some calls but "Be carefull what you ask for". She was all hard ass and said go for it. Soon after SORB contacted her at MI AIT and she got reassighned to a Group. She was into it right from the start. PT and shooting with the team guys. She jumped at the first group of females to do the FET teams. The Corps had them for a few years but the Army started a limited program with female soldiers being attached to 3rd Group and 75th Regement. She's do back next month, as a dad on this side of deployment for the first time it's sucked more then I thought.
18 years ago:
booniehat.jpg

brucksak.jpg

Last spring:
DSCN0184.jpg

One of the Dad approved care packages:
DSCN1600.jpg

Last Pic she sent me:
nicksfcbt.jpg

Sorry to fill up valuable web space but I'm excited to see the little sh*t. </div></div>

No worries here, I like the stories. Thanks to her and you.

She wanted to extend her deployment in theater but her chain of command wants her to get some schools in asap.

Kid landed at Pope AFB NC tonite and is now back at Bragg. Maybe comming up next week.

"Sorry to fill up valuable web space but I'm excited to see the little sh*t. "

id say you just made the web space more valuable

nice to see such a proud papa
smile.gif

Thanks guys. Looking forward to some time with her. She may be driving on to some company work.