• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Did/Has ARC redesigned the hanger yet for clearance issues for certain triggers (I think read a comment or rumor about this thousands of comments ago)? I called them and emailed them during SHOT and no response yet. Maybe smoke signals next?

I think the obvious answer is to send in to UpSideDown's Used Truck Caps and Barrel Grinding Emporium ....

Ordered on last Friday. Hoping the 3 month wait time isn’t accurate and it comes in a few weeks

April of last year I played with Aero and Faxon. Aero was way smoother than the Faxon by a long shot so I ordered a short Aero and long CDG. Aero is slightly smoother than my CDG too.

my arc arch is like greezed baby shit on glass smooth in comparison to my CDGs. also double the cost and requires tools

nothings free and everything is plastic

Reactions: Islander and lash
Ordered on last Friday. Hoping the 3 month wait time isn’t accurate and it comes in a few weeks
1708446975518.png

It's probably going to be at least 4 months. But, I've been wrong a lot, so .....

For those running a CDG pivoting bolt handle with a TT Diamond single stage, did you have any issues and if so, at what weight?

For those running a CDG pivoting bolt handle with a TT Diamond single stage, did you have any issues and if so, at what weight?
Yes, I had to turn it up about 16 clicks from bottom to get it to consistently engage the sear when cycling fast by hand. I e only done initial testing with it and don’t have it dialed in but this was my finding at home.

Reactions: Thebiglebowski
Anyone tried running a 6.5 PRC / 7 SAUM with AW magazines? Any luck with just tweaking the feed lips

Anyone tried running a 6.5 PRC / 7 SAUM with AW magazines? Any luck with just tweaking the feed lips
They aren't made for that, nor 223. It was originally designed to be for 308, but a lil tweak it'll take the newer 473 head cases. A double stack double feed magnum case would be way wider than the standard aw to keep same case geometry inside.

Has anyone successfully run DBM bottom metal with the long-action CDG in a Manners stock?

I tried and failed with Hawkins Hunter bottom metal and would like confirmation their or someone else's M5 DBM bottom metal with a CIP length AICS magazine will work in a Manner stock.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Last edited:
They aren't made for that, nor 223. It was originally designed to be for 308, but a lil tweak it'll take the newer 473 head cases. A double stack double feed magnum case would be way wider than the standard aw to keep same case geometry inside.
True but just like you have 6 ARC/6.5 Grendel that fits in the same AR15 magwell as 223, someone could come up with a PRC dual stack AW mag … maybe

IMG_2452.jpeg
Finally got it all together after solving some manufacturing issues with the chassis. As a LA 223Rem it runs better than I thought it would, but you definitely have to put some intention into closing the bolt.

All in all it’s pretty much everything I want, and the couple changes I have thought of are certainly possible.

Last edited:
Has anyone successfully run DBM bottom metal with a Manners stock?

I tried and failed with Hawkins Hunter bottom metal and would like confirmation their or someone else's M5 DBM bottom metal with a CIP length AICS magazine will work in a Manner stock.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I have a Manners PH long action that I'm using Hawkins m5 cip length bottom metal on. The problem is the action is not machined for cip length cartridges. The more I think about the madder I get. I am loading 28 nosler with 195 bergers at 3.7 inches which is not ideal and the tip of the bullet will still occasionally hang up on the bottom of the action. The action should be machined to 3.875 so that it's slightly passed the front of the magazine. I wonder if I could send it back in and have them fix it?

Reactions: pingunit
View attachment 8354063Finally got it all together after solving some manufacturing issues with the chassis. As a LA 223Rem it runs better than I thought it would, but you definitely have to put some intention into closing the bolt.

All in all it’s pretty much everything I want, and the couple changes I have thought of are certainly possible.
Long Action? Interesting.

Reactions: The D
Long Action? Interesting.
Yes, switch barrel rig is what I’m building with it. Started with a couple take off Savage barrels (22” 223 that’s on it currently, and a 24” LRH 300WM) because I got them cheap, but I’m gonna go shouldered Prefit from now on. 223-37XC on the same platform… sounds damn good to me!

The 223 ammo I tested feeding with was just some Remington PSP factory fodder so not like I tailored a long hand load to the chamber either… the soft lead tips were a little flattened after repeated chambering but I think that had more to do with the couple hang ups running it slow and lazy than normal chambering

Last edited:
I have a Manners PH long action that I'm using Hawkins m5 cip length bottom metal on. The problem is the action is not machined for cip length cartridges. The more I think about the madder I get. I am loading 28 nosler with 195 bergers at 3.7 inches which is not ideal and the tip of the bullet will still occasionally hang up on the bottom of the action. The action should be machined to 3.875 so that it's slightly passed the front of the magazine. I wonder if I could send it back in and have them fix it?
That's what I was afraid of.

This is sounding more and more like a work in progress.

I have heard reports that ARC is willing to correct these issues including machining it to run with Hunter magazines. 3.7 is not an ideal COAL for a long action.

Yes, switch barrel rig is what I’m building with it. Started with a couple take off Savage barrels (22” 223 that’s on it currently, and a 24” LRH 300WM) because I got them cheap, but I’m gonna go shouldered Prefit from now on. 223-37XC on the same platform… sounds damn good to me!

The 223 ammo I tested feeding with was just some Remington PSP factory fodder so not like I tailored a long hand load to the chamber either… the soft lead tips were a little flattened after repeated chambering but I think that had more to do with the couple hang ups running it slow and lazy than normal chambering
Yeah I bet if you started loading some 80+gr at > 2.500” it’ll feed much better.
Buddy of mine did the same thing. 6 BR via AICS long action sled switch barrel to 300 PRC on a Archmedes LA in a Xylo chassis.

T
That's what I was afraid of.

This is sounding more and more like a work in progress.

I have heard reports that ARC is willing to correct these issues including machining it to run with Hunter magazines. 3.7 is not an ideal COAL for a long action.
That is weird because I did remember on their website they advertised full CIP length on the original release.

Actually it still says
  • AICS 3.850"/CIP magazine compatibility (long action)
Yeah I wouldn’t be thrilled about that if I couldn’t run full LA length.

Reactions: pingunit
Yeah I bet if you started loading some 80+gr at > 2.500” it’ll feed much better.
Buddy of mine did the same thing. 6 BR via AICS long action sled switch barrel to 300 PRC on a Archmedes LA in a Xylo chassis.
Yeah it definitely should, 80gr ELD should be a pretty good match with this.

Image 48.jpeg
IMG_2675.jpeg

Brown truck Santa dropped of some gear for the CDG project.

Now....in addition to having a layer of Winter fat.....I'll have those AW mags, at least.

By the time the action & barrel arrive, however.....cold will be gone. Gonna use the time 'till then to burn off the blubber.

Just put a few on backorder. Fingers crossed they get here before the action.

Good deal.

I believe I may go ahead and add 2 more. Wouldn’t hurt to have the spares.

Prior to them coming in I had resigned myself to running it as a single shot for a while, 😆

Also have to find a stick to bite down on as I place the order for 2 more Tikka mags.

I’m
Just pay the premium for AX mags if you get desperate? Better than running single shot, and they’re in stock all over.
Forgive my ignorance, how do they differ from AW ?

(I am thankfully outa the woods on the single shot contingency )

They’ve got a little lip on the front that you just hammer flat and voila - instant expensive AW magazine!

Instant + expensive…..sounds legit.

But are they rated for artic warfare…..as we get a pile of that AW here in Georgia. :ROFLMAO:

Artic, being how we define any weather that requires long sleeves.

Warfare is found easily on any drive that finds you near Atlanta….gats up and doors locked….

There is most definitely room for competition in the AW mag arena. I have said it before and it’s true now more than ever.

I’ve been using them since I bought my used Stiller TACAW action in 2011.

Jus’ sayin’.

They have (5) less now. Shipping was stupid but oh well. Thanks for the heads up.

Well played.

Glad you could hook up.

Wow and here I am waiting on just 1 like a total cuck

:ROFLMAO:

I started with two from a EuroOptic backorder that shipped after a few weeks.
Was thinking a primary with a spare is a good plan.

Then I was on George's site looking for bullets & Alpha brass.....saw 'em in stock and figured a couple more would be good to have.

Fukkin' ramen noodles for a few days.....

GA Precision just finished my barreled action. Can't wait. Also got a AW mag with it. 2 on back order with eurooptic. Now I just need MDT to come out with there ACC Premier Gen 2.

Reactions: DubfromGA