• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

I am considering a CDG with a XYLO chassis. I have a Bartlein barrel on the way. I plan to have it chambered for 6bra. Probably TT Special.
I'm fairly certain getting the Grayops mag is the way to go. By the time you buy a regular AW mag and if (big if) you can find a HRD kit, you're going to be close price wise. And to do a 14 round conversion you're at 175 (mag 90/ extension 40/ HRD kit msrp 45) plus whatever you get charged for labor on the conversion.
And last time I tried HRD's website, I got a 404 message.

I have but one reservation about this action -the conical barrel.

The reason = 6mm arc in ar15 barrels have expansion at the base of the case. They have an unsupported rear portion of the case.

This is seen when resizing and you end up with either shaving end of case or bulging similar
bulging to the 45acp or other magnum straight wall cases like the 460 Smith & Wesson when they get over pressurized.

If this expansion is happening in a AR 15 style barrel, even though it is not over pressurized.

I realize this was talked about at the beginning, but wondering if other people have thought about this or ran the six arc or something similar and did you have expansion issues at the base of the case?

now the action has been out for a little while I’m wondering what thoughts people have on this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 60

The reason = 6mm arc in ar15 barrels have expansion at the base of the case. They have an unsupported rear portion of the case.

This is seen when resizing and you end up with either shaving end of case or bulging similar
bulging to the 45acp or other magnum straight wall cases like the 460 Smith & Wesson when they get over pressurized.

If this expansion is happening in a AR 15 style barrel, even though it is not over pressurized.

I realize this was talked about at the beginning, but wondering if other people have thought about this or ran the six arc or something similar and did you have expansion issues at the base of the case?

now the action has been out for a little while I’m wondering what thoughts people have on this?
There is no unsupported section of brass in an in spec CDG chamber. Only the extractor groove is exposed.

Perhaps you missed the three or five times that this has been discussed and put to bed already. The conical breach actually supports the base of the case the same as a flat breach.

Last edited:
Yes, I’m sure it has 140+ pages with 3 to 5 post and each page. Sorry I missed it. I just looked through some drawings and I thought it showed more unsupported area but yet I found one at the beginning that actually shows that it doesn’t have any unsupported area anymore than any other barrel, so I guess I answered my question but thanks guys

Appreciate the response either way

Attachments

• IMG_1987.png
    IMG_1987.png
    672.1 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Simonsza1 and lash
I have 45acp,44mag,357mag and have never seen a case like that.
Well, now you have 44 Mag
I’ve had 45 ACP range brass that I picked up and some older cases that when I’ve tried to reload … they had some definite bulging in the
last 1/4 of the case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Yes, I’m sure it has 140+ pages with 3 to 5 post and each page. Sorry I missed it. I just looked through some drawings and I thought it showed more unsupported area but yet I found one at the beginning that actually shows that it doesn’t have any unsupported area anymore than any other barrel, so I guess I answered my question but thanks guys

Appreciate the response either way
I know I gave an abrupt reply. Nothing personal. I was looking for that picture, but missed it somehow.

I did find this one though:

1714610628264.jpeg

Notice that, if you do the math, the exposed case head to chamber distance is the same in both the bottom left and bottom right illustrations.

I know I gave an abrupt reply. Nothing personal. I was looking for that picture, but missed it somehow.

I did find this one though:

View attachment 8409070

Notice that, if you do the math, the exposed case head to chamber distance is the same in both the bottom left and bottom right illustrations.
None taken, I expected some banter about it ha ha ..

One can use an entire day up going through these threads…. I was busy trying to look through this one when the doctor was digging glass out of my foot.

Yes, that is the diagram. I originally looked at and was basing my question on (far left diagram/photo ) I am shit for math lately must come with age or just facing stupidity?

Perhaps I’ll join the rest of the crew and just shit myself hope the pull-ups catch it all and if it doesn’t yo for the nurse to come and clean it up?

Oh, the golden years ….looking forward to them!

• Haha
Reactions: lash
None taken, I expected some banter about it ha ha ..

One can use an entire day up going through these threads…. I was busy trying to look through this one when the doctor was digging glass out of my foot.

Yes, that is the diagram. I originally looked at and was basing my question on (far left diagram/photo ) I am shit for math lately must come with age or just facing stupidity?

Perhaps I’ll join the rest of the crew and just shit myself hope the pull-ups catch it all and if it doesn’t yo for the nurse to come and clean it up?

Oh, the golden years ….looking forward to them!

The problem your having with 6 ARC is a die problem.
Use a Wilson die & you won’t have that problem. The picture you posted of the 6 arc case is sized with a small base sizer or a Hornady which is a small base sizer (un-advertized). I’ve loaded the 6arc hot in a gas gun and never had a bulged case across 3 barrels.

Pic below is CDG barrel.
IMG_8358.png

The problem your having with 6 ARC is a die problem.
Use a Wilson die & you won’t have that problem. The picture you posted of the 6 arc case is sized with a small base sizer or a Hornady which is a small base sizer (un-advertized). I’ve loaded the 6arc hot in a gas gun and never had a bulged case across 3 barrels.

Pic below is CDG barrel.
View attachment 8409218
Makes perfect sense..
I think though, I will switch over to a bolt gun in 6-ARC.. it is just too boutique, for my primary fighting rifle, and I do not like killing dogs, perhaps only other use for me would be banging steel or hogs…
Thank you for taking the time to post the information…

Last edited:
Reactions: 357Max and lash