• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Upthread Ted said there was a copyright/confusion issue with the Coup d’Etat name.

Reactions: lash
Yup, just havnt seen a print or anything to be able to do that math.
That is true. If I may express a thought; if the standard R700 uses a base that is ~.300 off the top of the receiver. It really wouldn't make sense for CDG to deviate from that too much. Im sure that using 0.300" should get you close to what you need and you can compare other rings and such based off your barrel profile. Just my thoughts. -Austin

Reactions: padfoot 37
That is true. If I may express a thought; if the standard R700 uses a base that is ~.300 off the top of the receiver. It really wouldn't make sense for CDG to deviate from that too much. Im sure that using 0.300" should get you close to what you need and you can compare other rings and such based off your barrel profile. Just my thoughts. -Austin
Agreed

I shot a prototype this summer and took the scope off my Nuke to put on the prototype. I am using a ZCO 5-27 in ARC M10 36/24 on that rifle

Taking advantage of the barrel pre-order. Awesome! I just need to figure out a chassis.

Never ran a 6CM before but that's where I am leaning. Something fun to go out and whack steel with :)
I absolutely love my 6cm. By far my favorite round to shoot. Do it!

I’ll get you a PM. As mentioned above we don’t offer 300NM on the website because it has a lot of need for custom throating.
Understood completely. I’ll catch you in the PM.

I appreciate that you are both on top of this and that you are offering the incentive pre-order deal.

bohem

What would be the best 223 chamber and what freebore for shooting 75-80 grn bullets, I want to order a 223 barrel monday.

That's one of the reasons even though they are close by I don't do business with them.
We get to emails a couple days a week. Doing emails for questions that could readily be answered by reading the FAQ area on our website is about a 20h/w job just in the reply. It's a full time job to be available for immediately answering emails. Instead we focus on making things and I keep the pricing on our products lower by not having someone employed who answers every arcane question via email; that turns into a monster all its own. Emails are a necessity but if you need an answer immediately then the phone is available. If that doesn't work for you, then we can agree to disagree. No hurt feelings here.

Understood completely. I’ll catch you in the PM.

I appreciate that you are both on top of this and that you are offering the incentive pre-order deal.
Happy to assist. Thank you.

bohem

What would be the best 223 chamber and what freebore for shooting 75-80 grn bullets, I want to order a 223 barrel monday.
I think the 100FB is the ticket there.

Was that with a pretty thick profile barrel?
MTU

We get to emails a couple days a week. Doing emails for questions that could readily be answered by reading the FAQ area on our website is about a 20h/w job just in the reply. It's a full time job to be available for immediately answering emails. Instead we focus on making things and I keep the pricing on our products lower by not having someone employed who answers every arcane question via email; that turns into a monster all its own. Emails are a necessity but if you need an answer immediately then the phone is available. If that doesn't work for you, then we can agree to disagree. No hurt feelings here.

MTU
No need to agree to disagree. As I stated i dont do business with you , now or in the future. Sounds like you already got the hurt feelings to me.

• Haha
Reactions: bohem

MTU
Ordered mine last night in 6.5 creedmoor... First build but I need to decide on the other 2 now.. I understand this ^^^^ .. Cant please everyone.

Everyone feels entitled and some do not understand how much time they waste... Problem is it isnt just one or two here and there... its every single day.. I am a short and sweet kind of guy... Offends most of the time.. Its hard to make everyone happy these days for sure.

As others have replied, the Coup can run either way. Elaborating, the pivoting handle does not make contact with the extraction cam machined into the back of the receiver. The fixed handle does. A spring and bushing is used to bias the pivoting handle forward giving it a convention feeling. It run the pivoting handle just fine with the spring and bushing but that would leave the handle loosely pivoting back and forth until the bolt is closed. Totally ok to do that if you like the way it feels.

We decided to offer fixed handles specifically for triggers that have a tendency to drop strikers when actions cycled quickly, most notably the Trigger Tech Diamond single stage and one from Bix'n Andy. The fixed handle will contact the extraction cam before the cocking piece contacts the sear bar of the trigger, thus softening the blow.

All that said, run the pivoting handle if you can, especially with bigger cartridges like 28 Nosler on up. Hitting a bolt knob to break loose a stuck round has been an undesirable necessity for over a century until the introduction of our Archimedes some years ago. The Coup De Grâce just takes it to the next level.

Ted
View attachment 8040921
If I buy one of your actions, can I mount up the Savage small shank Criterion barrel I have on order. It has a barrel nut.

Yes we have Osprey 7 twist 257’s

3B

Probably not as the free brake deal goes only until I have the final print from ARC.

Ted sent me a print last evening for review and it’s getting close. I will give a 24h notice on what’s in stock when the final print arrives.
I can’t find the ordering options for .257 osprey barrels on the website

Im very excited for this rifle. Got a pile of parts getting bigger on my bench. Juat waiting on mags action and barrel now.

I know this question has likely been answered somewhere in the last 39 pages but I haven't been able to keep up...limited time and all. I see that lefty long with 0.59. bf CDGs are an option on the pre-order website, however I'm wondering what kind time frame I'll be looking at. I know this product is far down the to-do list so I'm not expecting much. But if I'm going to tie myself to this (something I can't wait to do) I'd like to know if I'll be waiting a year, two, five, whatever. I'm looking forward to adding the CDG to my ARC stable.

I asked several days ago and haven't heard back yet , I'm hoping it's doable with some modifications at least, it would be awesome if they could make it work with the seekins 3.9 inch carbon mags .
I imagine that they are working out answers to various combinations in order of priority.

I know this question has likely been answered somewhere in the last 39 pages but I haven't been able to keep up...limited time and all. I see that lefty long with 0.59. bf CDGs are an option on the pre-order website, however I'm wondering what kind time frame I'll be looking at. I know this product is far down the to-do list so I'm not expecting much. But if I'm going to tie myself to this (something I can't wait to do) I'd like to know if I'll be waiting a year, two, five, whatever. I'm looking forward to adding the CDG to my ARC stable.
Seems like Ted's still sorting out the details on the 0.588" actions, so I decided to go with the 0.535" bolt face, but ordered a 0.588" spare for if/when I decide to move up to the .300NM.

for whatever reason I cannot PM you. I want to place an order but may move in 3-5 weeks. How can I best handle this to ensure you don't ship to my old address?
Best is to put it in the order notes and make sure to have a note in there to call prior to shipping.

Safe to assume .062 freebore is fine for factory 69-77gr?
Yup, the 062 is a Wylde throat. It was designed for 69-77 in an AR15 pattern magazine. The chamber was developed in NRA High Power to do exactly what you want to do.

I can’t find the ordering options for .257 osprey barrels on the website
Lemme address that first thing tomorrow. I’m not sure what’s happening that 257’s aren’t showing up but I’ll fix it. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: TheOE800
So the pre order is closed?

Oddly enough, nope... preorder pricing of $899 is still in effect, but you're now looking at a 16+ week wait instead of an ~8 week wait which was for the initial batch of orders.

Do you really believe it will be 8 weeks? My old brain tells me it will be longer but I’ve been hurt too many times.

We'll see. I didn't order until 4 days after the ordering opened, so I'll probably get mine later rather than sooner, which is fine. I know how preorders usually work out, lol.

I'm in no rush for mine anyways, I already have another unbuilt long action Archimedes in the safe waiting to get built first. The CDG was a "it's here when it gets here" purchase for me.

Many years ago it took 31 months for the "it will ship in 6 months" JAE Gen 3 stock for one of my M1As to show up. I also waited 2 years for the M25 receiver from LRB for that same build... so I'm patient. At least for some things. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: lash
Best is to put it in the order notes and make sure to have a note in there to call prior to shipping.

Yup, the 062 is a Wylde throat. It was designed for 69-77 in an AR15 pattern magazine. The chamber was developed in NRA High Power to do exactly what you want to do.

Lemme address that first thing tomorrow. I’m not sure what’s happening that 257’s aren’t showing up but I’ll fix it. Thanks for the heads up.
Do you have any more 6.5’s?

Looking to order a 25 creed prefit. Info on reamer? Freebore? For a break do you recommend the shockwave or jet blast?

The 25 Creed reamer is a no-turn with the freebore designed for the 130-135 class like the (now obsolete) Blackjack, the Berger, etc.
The brake coming with the creeds and other non magnum cartridges is the Jetblast. After that, the magnum size will come with a Shockwave.

Im curious, will spare firing pins be available as soon as the actions are available? I would like to keep spare parts on hand, just in case. -Austin

The 25 Creed reamer is a no-turn with the freebore designed for the 130-135 class like the (now obsolete) Blackjack, the Berger, etc.
The brake coming with the creeds and other non magnum cartridges is the Jetblast. After that, the magnum size will come with a Shockwave.
How can I select a 22GT barrel with your recommended freebore? I know you don't like the "standard". Are you able to accommodate a .130 or .150 FB?

Is this trigger hanger going to cause any issues with chassis? I know know krg says modifications would be needed on other trigger hangers

1676867683530.gif

Seems like you knew the answer before you asked the question

I guess I should ask what chassis accommodate trigger hangers? Never had one so never had to go down that path

i think the ACC does, pretty sure the xylo does. krg stuff needs to be milled out i think, pretty sure MPA chassis can take a hanger. the new aero chassis will take a hanger.

Reactions: lash and Schw15
Both of the Foundations that I have take a hanger just fine. Maybe depend on the pattern they were made for though.