• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

I just never got a reply when i asked about lead times so left it alone... what box did we check? Feel like a dick if i checked a box saying i wouldnt ask and then i did. Ohwell, mostly was just curious if day 2 and 3 were as thick with orders as day 1 was cuz i ordered on the 10th but never got a reply so figured id just leave them alone and not slow them down by asking again...
When we asked for the pre-order, Ted didn't want to do, for this very reason.

If ARC wants to do poor Bella a favor, I feel like they should be posting here regularly (weekly / bi-weekly) to keep us posted on updates on their production run. Their front office getting pestered by users from this thread is predictable, even if we all agreed to not annoy them. Folks agree to not leave their dog poop on trails yet still I see dog shit everywhere when I'm hiking...

I feel like ARC wants to leverage this forum to hype their new product and generate a bunch of sales (which is genius), but they cannot be surprised when a bunch of now frenzied degenerates want to know how things are coming along.

It seemed like during the design and development, ARC had a much greater presence here, now that they've taken our money to beta test their initial production run (is it likely they revise the design?..probably, they have done so historically to their other actions), it's basically radio silence, with us having to rely on someone who called them to post their update from the conversation here. Odds are most folks who call Bella do not post their updates here.

The solution is simple - rather than us all calling Bella, just have ARC post here, problem solved. I feel like you can't use this form to get us all hyped up and then be surprised when we are hyped up.

If ARC wants to do poor Bella a favor, I feel like they should be posting here regularly (weekly / bi-weekly) to keep us posted on updates on their production run. Their front office getting pestered by users from this thread is predictable, even if we all agreed to not annoy them. Folks agree to not leave their dog poop on trails yet still I see dog shit everywhere when I'm hiking...

I feel like ARC wants to leverage this forum to hype their new product and generate a bunch of sales (which is genius), but they cannot be surprised when a bunch of now frenzied degenerates want to know how things are coming along.

It seemed like during the design and development, ARC had a much greater presence here, now that they've taken our money to beta test their initial production run (is it likely they revise the design?..probably, they have done so historically to their other actions), it's basically radio silence, with us having to rely on someone who called them to post their update from the conversation here. Odds are most folks who call Bella do not post their updates here.

The solution is simple - rather than us all calling Bella, just have ARC post here, problem solved. I feel like you can't use this form to get us all hyped up and then be surprised when we are hyped up.
What more info do you want? People are receiving their orders.

You all be like:

1687370014020.jpeg

Or you, and everyone else, could do Bella a favor and stop calling every other day.

Or you, and everyone else, could do Bella a favor and stop calling every other day.
For the record, I haven't contacted ARC at all. I'm simply posting on a thread created by the president of ARC to announce and hype their new product. Look at the title of this thread, it reads like clickbait. ($899 wow!)
I'm not trying to contribute to the pile on. I guess my point is you can't have it both ways, i.e. you can't use this forum to generate hype to sell your products and then be upset when the hype you created leads to a bunch of stir crazy customers. Especially when the remedy is quite simple: just keep us posted.

I actually think it's great that ARC uses this forum to gather feedback and perhaps gauge if the market is responding, and I wish more hardware manufactures used this type of feedback cycle to iterate on their designs. I just wish they also kept us posted during the initial production run, which I actually think is in their own interest, in that it would likely stop us from bothering them.

For the record, I haven't contacted ARC at all. I'm simply posting on a thread created by the president of ARC to announce and hype their new product. Look at the title of this thread, it reads like clickbait. ($899 wow!)
I'm not trying to contribute to the pile on. I guess my point is you can't have it both ways, i.e. you can't use this forum to generate hype to sell your products and then be upset when the hype you created leads to a bunch of stir crazy customers. Especially when the remedy is quite simple: just keep us posted.

I actually think it's great that ARC uses this forum to gather feedback and perhaps gauge if the market is responding, and I wish more hardware manufactures used this type of feedback cycle to iterate on their designs. I just wish they also kept us posted during the initial production run, which I actually think is in their own interest, in that it would likely stop us from bothering them.
Who says?
Posted of what? Every time an action gets shipped out?

Who says?
Posted of what? Every time an action gets shipped out?

If there is a better place to be posting on the status of the CDG action please let me know. As far as what I am asking for, it's simple: transparency and engagement.

Look at Ted's profile and posting activity here:
Excluding January, as the bulk of his posts here are just responding to the initial announcement.
Feb - 9 posts
March - 1 post
April - 2 posts

Ted's last post was on 04/28 (#2851), and it was an update on manufacturing progress and he mentioned new process that supposedly allows them to 3x their production output. How did that pan out? It felt like there was a lull in the activity until just last week, with now a flurry of posts about receiving shipments. What ever was blocking them seems to have been sorted out. I guess I'd like another post like his previous one.

Is a post every 2 weeks or even once a month being unreasonable? Especially considering that through Jan and Feb, we were getting updates from ARC seemingly weekly

Reactions: The D
Ted was clear that the actions were gonna roll out slow and not to fuck with them about delivery times when he gave in to the pre order. He even had a box for you to click on the pre order, yet people still pester. All the pricks bugging them are probably the same fuckers calling the ATF every week causing more suppressor backlog. ARC aint Amazon, buy the the fucking thing and go shoot your other shit til it comes. Or, buy something that you can get immediate gratification on like an off the shelf Savage or something. For fucks sake, Im annoyed and I dont even work at ARC. Mine is sitting here being a paperweight, LOL. One of you immediate grat brats wanna buy it? $1500 and then send me yours when you get it and its yours. I probably wont get around to putting it together until fall/winter anyway. Does look good on the desk tho.

As for the weekly updates, they are likely building actions, not worrying about giving updates.

If there is a better place to be posting on the status of the CDG action please let me know. As far as what I am asking for, it's simple: transparency and engagement.

Excluding January, as the bulk of his posts here are just responding to the initial announcement.
Feb - 9 posts
March - 1 post
April - 2 posts

Ted's last post was on 04/28 (#2851), and it was an update on manufacturing progress and he mentioned new process that supposedly allows them to 3x their production output. How did that pan out? It felt like there was a lull in the activity until just last week, with now a flurry of posts about receiving shipments. What ever was blocking them seems to have been sorted out. I guess I'd like another post like his previous one.

Is a post every 2 weeks or even once a month being unreasonable? Especially considering that through Jan and Feb, we were getting updates from ARC seemingly weekly
What does he need to post exactly? The machines are working, and people are receiving their actions. Why do you feel that you're owed any communication with the president of a company at all?
If it were my company, and someone with a preorder that clicked the box and then called, their order would automatically go to the bottom of the pile.

Feb - 9 posts
March - 1 post
April - 2 posts

IMG_9184.jpeg

Feb - 9 posts
March - 1 post
April - 2 posts

Louie, is that you?

What does he need to post exactly? The machines are working, and people are receiving their actions. Why do you feel that you're owed any communication with the president of a company at all?
If it were my company, and someone with a preorder that clicked the box and then called, their order would automatically go to the bottom of the pile.

I doubt Giddiyup even has one on order.

Feb - 9 posts
March - 1 post
April - 2 posts

You've been a "member" since
Nov, 22.

You have a total of 12 posts.

All 12 of them are in this thread...

So, apparently my Xylos are too old school. With a CDG in my Xylo, the mag lever is too long to seat the AICS mags...So, do get a shorter mag lever? Or will AW fit with a regular mag lever?

Feb - 9 posts
March - 1 post
April - 2 posts

You should complain about this in the Bear Pit. It’ll get a lot more traction there

You've been a "member" since
Nov, 22.

You have a total of 12 posts.

All 12 of them are in this thread...
To me that is not a a burn. I'm not some SH poweruser nerd with 9.1k posts. I'm here simply because this is the venue ARC seems to have chosen to interact with their customers. Forgive me for creating a profile and contributing to a discussion thread on topic I have interest in I guess.

To me that is not a a burn. I'm not some SH poweruser nerd with 9.1k posts. I'm here simply because this is the venue ARC seems to have chosen to interact with their customers. Forgive me for creating a profile and contributing to a discussion thread on topic I have interest in I guess.

You're not contributing, you're bitching and moaning.

Mine is sitting here being a paperweight, LOL. One of you immediate grat brats wanna buy it? $1500 and then send me yours when you get it and its yours. I probably wont get around to putting it together until fall/winter anyway. Does look good on the desk tho.

As for the weekly updates, they are likely building actions, not worrying about giving updates.

This is what I do not understand. It seems that most of the folks on this thread are enthusiasts. I am just a casual gun owner, this is the first time I have ever attempted to "build" a rifle. And by "build" it's mostly just "make sure these parts can be configured together". It's like building a gaming PC. It's not rocket science and all the information is available on the internet, which brings me here.

It seems like the bulk of preorders are not average folks that are new to this scene like myself, but folks who already have 5+ custom builds lying around or folks who place orders for 10 actions.. Well I have a genuine question for you: why buy something you do not need or have plans for using immediately? Why make fun of someone dipping their toes in your universe? How does this help grow hunting or precision sports community?

This is what I do not understand. It seems that most of the folks on this thread are enthusiasts. I am just a casual gun owner, this is the first time I have ever attempted to "build" a rifle. And by "build" it's mostly just "make sure these parts can be configured together". It's like building a gaming PC. It's not rocket science and all the information is available on the internet, which brings me here.

It seems like the bulk of preorders are not average folks that are new to this scene like myself, but folks who already have 5+ custom builds lying around or folks who place orders for 10 actions.. Well I have a genuine question for you: why buy something you do not need or have plans for using immediately? Why make fun of someone dipping their toes in your universe? How does this help grow hunting or precision sports community?

Let's address your questions.

1. Why buy something you do not need...?

A: Price, availability, supporting a great company, it's cool, bragging rights, future plans or like we've already seen, flip for a small profit.

2. Why make fun of someone...?

A: It wouldn't have happened if you had not started complaining. Plain and simple.

3. How does this help grow...?

A: It doesn't. What you're dealing with is a lot of type-A personalities that have been there and done that. The others whom also might be type-A, have seen/heard enough of this type of behavior and are plain sick of it.

If you really did buy an action, then you agreed to the terms of shut up, don't bother us, and you'll get your action as soon as humanly possible.
Calling and emailing the company takes time out of their very busy day answering questions that have already been answered.

What if today, your action was complete and sitting on the bench waiting to be boxed up, labeled and shipped out? What if they had 100 calls and emails to answer because people won't leave them alone to do their job? What if, because of all those calls and emails just from today, it puts boxing yours up on hold for 3-4 days because the calls and emails just keep coming in because "I want my stuff now!" Verucas keep bugging them?

Maybe adhere to the terms you agreed to and, maybe, just maybe you'll get it sooner.

I can tell you for sure, setting it aside for a bit is exactly what we did to pain in the ass customers.

Think about that.

Lastly, if you want to fit on around here stop whining and grow some thicker skin. Stop playing victim.

I’m still wondering what makes you think you’re owed any sort of correspondence with the owner of a company. Does your gaming pc company owner call you on Friday nights?

Last edited:

I'd love to put it all together right now but am busier than shit this time of year. I honestly expected it to take longer to get delivered. Its true I dont NEED it right now and you likely dont either. Its very likely true that the "bulk of pre orders are not average folks". Most average folks have never heard of ARC. Average folks have an off the shelf Rem 700. I don't have "5+ custom builds sitting around" but I do have other guns to shoot. If I needed something immediately I wouldn't pre order an action that had an undefined time of delivery, as this one VERY much did and they were VERY up front about that. I ordered this action early because I wanted to get in line, it was innovative and I was ready to start piling up components for another rifle. Its something that I'll get built out this fall and hopefully whack a couple deer and a bunch of steel this winter. It will be a nice action to use and pass on. If I made fun of you for bugging ARC when they said the action will take forever to show up and you agreed by clicking the box, then you deserve it as much as they deserve to be left alone to BUILD YOUR ACTION. If you NEED a gun right now, cancel your order and go buy one, a custom action isn't going to solve your problem any better than an off the shelf Tikka. Wait til you get sucked into suppressors and get to wait a year after you buy it, good luck.

The best part about this action ...........

is that I have one and you dont.

Had to edit this with a different photo.
IMG20230622050903.jpg

I welcomed home my bouncing baby girl 3 weeks ago. Im a single dad and its going to be tough, but we'll get through it. She likes to sleep , is very quiet when shes awake, and has the softest skin.

Last edited:
Let's address your questions.

1. Why buy something you do not need...?

A: Price, availability, supporting a great company, it's cool, bragging rights, future plans or like we've already seen, flip for a small profit.

2. Why make fun of someone...?

A: It wouldn't have happened if you had not started complaining. Plain and simple.

3. How does this help grow...?

A: It doesn't. What you're dealing with is a lot of type-A personalities that have been there and done that. The others whom also might be type-A, have seen/heard enough of this type of behavior and are plain sick of it.

If you really did buy an action, then you agreed to the terms of shut up, don't bother us, and you'll get your action as soon as humanly possible.
Calling and emailing the company takes time out of their very busy day answering questions that have already been answered.

What if today, your action was complete and sitting on the bench waiting to be boxed up, labeled and shipped out? What if they had 100 calls and emails to answer because people won't leave them alone to do their job? What if, because of all those calls and emails just from today, it puts boxing yours up on hold for 3-4 days because the calls and emails just keep coming in because "I want my stuff now!" Verucas keep bugging them?

Maybe adhere to the terms you agreed to and, maybe, just maybe you'll get it sooner.

I can tell you for sure, setting it aside for a bit is exactly what we did to pain in the ass customers.

Think about that.

Lastly, if you want to fit on around here stop whining and grow some thicker skin. Stop playing victim.
Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 18.33.21.png

How am I in violation of any terms? I have not called or emailed ARC at all. I am posting on a public thread ARC started. Many businesses, perhaps ARC is one of them, appreciate feedback from their customers - even it's critical, as long as it's constructive. I don't feel that I'm complaining I'm simply voicing my opinion in a public forum that I know they frequent - I'm not expecting or demanding anything.

Here's another opinion or suggestion: what if there was a limit of 2 actions per order? Why would you want to buy 10 actions from the initial production run given that ARC seems to revise their products? It seems they did so with both the mausingfield and nuke correct? That would solve many issues that you suggest I complain about and allow ARC to limit the reach of pre-revision actions getting out if they actually do revise them or if there is a flaw. Look how the PVA folks are in here and are already replacing barrels with the wear issue. Good on them for doing so.

What is preventing my order from being fulfilled isn't a bunch of calls or emails bogging them down, it's that the bulk of their preorder run are from a bunch of enthusiasts that immediately placed their day 1 orders of 5 CDG actions so they can flip them or have paperweights or bragging rights or something. If you actually read my posts, you can see I am suggesting folks do not contact ARC as I agree that we should let them focus. What I am suggesting is that ARC posts here (as they frequently used to, before they took our money) to keep us posted.

I want to use my CDG to harvest meat, it's a tool with a means to an end. I also think ARC is cool and is actually innovating, and was ready to buy an Archimedes until they released the CDG, which is basically the successor. I'm sure long actions are right around the corner and I'll have mine in due time with plenty to prepare for hunting season, a little insight into how things are coming along is not a complaint from early adopters.

I’m still wondering what makes you think you’re owed any sort of correspondence with the owner of a company. Does your gaming pc company owner call you on Friday nights?
I'm not owed anything nor am I making demands. this is an internet thread they created. I'm simply posting on it. maybe they'll hear some of my thoughts who knows, this is a "forum" the ARC folks seem to appreciate discourse given all the greek references.
If all you want is a hunting rifle you should have bought off the shelf it would have been faster and cheaper.
that's fair. Nothing is stopping me from switching to their competitors other than the threads on my barrel.

I have no dog in this fight as I did not buy a CDG....I'm a broke, fixed income, retired guy who has bought two custom rifles in recent past and I'm broke! haha But it does look very cool and I'm sure I'll regret not eating Ramen for a couple of months to afford it! haha But my friend @GBMaryland did order one and said I could come over and fondle it if I want (boy, I sure hope he was referring to the action! haha)

With that said, I will allow as how it is my long held view that, in general, gun manf and smiths absolutely fucking suck at customer comms to an extent that would not be tolerated in most other industries. Just how I see it.

And indeed we do have some other manf and smiths here who do maintain an active presence in order to respond to customer questions, issues, and uncertainties. We all know who they are as we see them here often.

With that said, if I bought something and checked the box agreeing that I wouldn't bug them about delivery, then I would not bug them about delivery. Full stop.

But Ted did stir up commercial sales interest, got a lot of orders, and then basically took a powder since. And no, I don't think Ted himself needs to be present here, a number of other companies have designated social media (yeah, I'm lumping forums in with the rest of the social blather) people to respond online.

Carry on and:

1687397307812.png

Lots of actions are 1-1/16x16.
I'm not owed anything nor am I making demands. this is an internet thread they created. I'm simply posting on it. maybe they'll hear some of my thoughts who knows, this is a "forum" the ARC folks seem to appreciate discourse given all the greek references.

that's fair. Nothing is stopping me from switching to their competitors other than the threads on my barrel.
What exactly does this mean then?
“If ARC wants to do poor Bella a favor, I feel like they should be posting here regularly (weekly / bi-weekly) to keep us posted on updates on their production run.”

View attachment 8167632

How am I in violation of any terms? I have not called or emailed ARC at all. I am posting on a public thread ARC started. Many businesses, perhaps ARC is one of them, appreciate feedback from their customers - even it's critical, as long as it's constructive. I don't feel that I'm complaining I'm simply voicing my opinion in a public forum that I know they frequent - I'm not expecting or demanding anything.

Here's another opinion or suggestion: what if there was a limit of 2 actions per order? Why would you want to buy 10 actions from the initial production run given that ARC seems to revise their products? It seems they did so with both the mausingfield and nuke correct? That would solve many issues that you suggest I complain about and allow ARC to limit the reach of pre-revision actions getting out if they actually do revise them or if there is a flaw. Look how the PVA folks are in here and are already replacing barrels with the wear issue. Good on them for doing so.

What is preventing my order from being fulfilled isn't a bunch of calls or emails bogging them down, it's that the bulk of their preorder run are from a bunch of enthusiasts that immediately placed their day 1 orders of 5 CDG actions so they can flip them or have paperweights or bragging rights or something. If you actually read my posts, you can see I am suggesting folks do not contact ARC as I agree that we should let them focus. What I am suggesting is that ARC posts here (as they frequently used to, before they took our money) to keep us posted.

I want to use my CDG to harvest meat, it's a tool with a means to an end. I also think ARC is cool and is actually innovating, and was ready to buy an Archimedes until they released the CDG, which is basically the successor. I'm sure long actions are right around the corner and I'll have mine in due time with plenty to prepare for hunting season, a little insight into how things are coming along is not a complaint from early adopters.
I’m going to email arc and cancel your order