• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

.260 master race of course! Probably give them a call Monday and see if they are still planning to do it. If not I'll order from PVA. The CF was kind of a knee jerk decision, but I thought I'd try one.

View attachment 8097923

Here’s the CDG prefits from 0800-1200 today just before I QA checked all of them.

End of day count: 31 chambered barrels ready for polishing room.

Guys will start seeing shipping notices tomorrow.

If Carbon 6 doesn’t want to make coned prefits you are welcome to call us. We have it qualified and they’re flowing well.
Any chance of doing the preorder with the free brake again?

Don’t get the bolt release.
Hmm, somehow I was under the impression it would work with it, or perhaps was removable. If I’m wrong, I’ll avoid it.

What’s the specific issue? Not necessary or causes a problem?

Hmm, somehow I was under the impression it would work with it, or perhaps was removable. If I’m wrong, I’ll avoid it.

What’s the specific issue? Not necessary or causes a problem?
It is not needed so you will just end up removing it.

Reactions: 338dude
It is not needed so you will just end up removing it.
Last question and I’ll stop. :)

Ordering without the bolt release would result in limiting my transfer options to other chassis/stocks that might benefit from it, correct?

This is my first bolt build.

Last question and I’ll stop. :)

Ordering without the bolt release would result in limiting my transfer options to other chassis/stocks that might benefit from it, correct?

This is my first bolt build.
No. It is only required if the action requires a trigger bolt release. Most don't.

That’s a lot of steel… and I’m happy 6.5CM seems to be on of the first calibers done. I think I see my order.

• Haha
View attachment 8097923

Here’s the CDG prefits from 0800-1200 today just before I QA checked all of them.

End of day count: 31 chambered barrels ready for polishing room.

Guys will start seeing shipping notices tomorrow.

If Carbon 6 doesn’t want to make coned prefits you are welcome to call us. We have it qualified and they’re flowing well.
Hey where’s my short one? Those all look long 🤣

• Haha
As soon as I financially recover from a vacation my wife planned, I think I want a carbon fiber wrapped 6CM barrel from PVA. This is my first bolt gun build. Are there any downsides to carbon fiber barrels I am missing? Seems to be the way to go for a mostly hunting rifle. Planning on hanging a TBAC Ultra 7 or 9 off the end.

Alrighty, just found there’s another option: safety, side or bottom. :unsure:
This is more of a chassis question I think. I went with top/side safety as I plan to get a modernized chassis (which most are these days, unless you plan on putting it in a hunting stock or original R700 stock or something.) E.g. Make sure to check which safety your chassis requires.

Reactions: lash
@bohem what's the lead time on 7mm osprey CFW blanks? or any blank, CFW or not
All CF is running behind, about 6-7wk for a blank. 10 chambered

Stainless blanks 3 weeks or less

Looks like everyone is going with 6.5 CM!

Those look beautiful though, I should have pulled the trigger when the free muzzle brake preorder was going on.
Thanks! We started with 6.5 creeds because that was the most plentifully ordered chamber.

KRG just posted on FB they are releasing an adjustable trigger guard/mag catch for their chassis.

87C26117-2B86-4E94-9516-6DF8F7DD885C.png

Last edited:
The C4 or Whiskey/etc.?
Here is what the post read:

"Adjusting the height of that stubborn magazine is now at your fingertips! Our new Adjustable Mag Catch Trigger Guard allows for up and down adjustment of your preferred AICS or AW mag for proper fit and feeding. Compatible with 700 LA/SA Whiskey-3, X-Ray, & Bravo chassis. A Tikka version is coming soon!"

Reactions: lash and TheOE800
That’s neat but I’ve evolved past the Bravo and the Whiskey doesn’t do it for me.

I've slowly been gathering parts for my build. I must resist the urge to open all the packaging before the action and barrel show up. I'm too excited to build my first rifle. 🙄
Congrats! What components and barrel have you ordered?

I was headed to 308 for bullet commonality ... but time ruins all plans ... now pondering alternatives (BAD IDEA)

Reactions: Awag1000
I can't really speak for them and what they're going to do moving forward. When I originally called the said they do cone breaches for several barrels, so I dont think they're inept. They said that they weren't interested in making a bunch of different cuts for prefits. Sounded like it was too much pain for the amount they'd sell. They did say that they were going to do mine and a few others since it was pre tenon drawing. I have-not heard different from them so hopefully they honor it. I kinda hate to be ordering another barrel now, but it may not matter. I haven't tried their barrels yet and have heard good things so thought I'd give it a go this time. We'll find out if I'll be back or not. So far I am happy with the customer service in that they answered the phone, spent the time to answer my questions and said they would make the barrel even if they decided not to make prefits for the Coup.
I ordered mine the same day the preorder opened for the CDG action, 7mm PRC. I spoke with Gene, he was aware of the action as he had seen it at shot show, and he said they would be offering prefits with the conical breech as long as it wasn't something crazy. (at that time he still had not seen drawings for the barrel) I emailed him the interface drawing as soon as ARC released it. Not sure that it matters with the magnum cartridges if it's conical or not but it would be nice if they would stick to their word and make mine with a conical breech just for cycling peace of mind.

Reactions: lash
Does anybody have any experience with matching the Xylo cerakote color? PVA has a few colors and I’m down to just a barrel now. Everything else has been ordered.

Xylo is just black anodized aluminum?
Thanks, I’m assuming it would best match to black from pva. They also have tungsten and gunmetal, which I’m pretty sure the gunmetal would be too light. Tungsten probably too. Maybe best to just go with stainless for contrast.

Does anybody have any experience with matching the Xylo cerakote color? PVA has a few colors and I’m down to just a barrel now. Everything else has been ordered.
Armor Black is pretty close.

Thanks, I’m assuming it would best match to black from pva. They also have tungsten and gunmetal, which I’m pretty sure the gunmetal would be too light. Tungsten probably too. Maybe best to just go with stainless for contrast.
This is Graphite Black from LRI. Barrel only, action (Nucleus) is Nitrited.
Best match IMO.

7E9230DB-5CD3-47E2-9C04-434F94E3A09A.jpeg

Reactions: clyancey and RushT
Looks like I was wrong in regards to carbon six, doing them. After telling me they would be doing them, originally, now they’re saying they have no intention of being bothered…. oh well, looks like I’ll be shopping other places… now, just need to decide on caliber and whom
4EB3D720-6C6B-4A25-A89C-B503CE59FDE3.jpeg
E02A7965-E5C0-43A9-A278-C4E60CD956D7.jpeg

I ordered mine the same day the preorder opened for the CDG action, 7mm PRC. I spoke with Gene, he was aware of the action as he had seen it at shot show, and he said they would be offering prefits with the conical breech as long as it wasn't something crazy. (at that time he still had not seen drawings for the barrel) I emailed him the interface drawing as soon as ARC released it. Not sure that it matters with the magnum cartridges if it's conical or not but it would be nice if they would stick to their word and make mine with a conical breech just for cycling peace of mind.
I talked to them yesterday. They said they were going to do the barrels that they had already on order and were going to decide whether to offer them afterward.

Last edited:
I talked to them yesterday. They said they were going to do the barrels that they had already on order and were going to decide whether to offer them afterward.
Which is a literal contradiction to "weird cone" and "no desire to mess with" ... the former derogatory and the latter somewhat flippant. I don't know who you spoke with but it wasn't the person that wrote that note, unless they have a split personality :geek:

Reactions: diverdon
Maybe they had a change of mind since they replied to me @ 8:45, but I think I’ll be going a different route as of now, prefer not to be a Guinea pig with someone who doesn’t seem to have an interest or desire in doing them. Sucks too, because I was looking forward to trying out their barrels.

Reactions: diverdon
I told them if they didn't want to mess with it let me know, cancel the order, refund my money and I'll go another route. He asked if other guys were making prefits, I said yes. He said "Let me talk to the shop guys and I'll call you back". He called be back 20 min later and said they were gonna do the ones they had on order and make a decision. I again said basically that if they thought it was a problem or it wouldn't work then I would go another route. He assured me the barrel would work and that they wanted to do it.

Im looking forward to trying their tube and my order says coup de gras action so if it doesn't work, I'll either be getting a barrel that does or my money back. For now Im willing to write off the somewhat wishy washy decision to make the barrel and chalk it up to being so new of an action they didn't really know what was happening yet. We'll see how it goes. If they do the barrel and its a shooter, I'll be happy I stuck it out with them. If not, I'll be pretty annoyed that I gave them the easy out twice and they didn't take it. Interested to hear what other guys that ordered pre drawing have heard.

Looks like I was wrong in regards to carbon six, doing them. After telling me they would be doing them, originally, now they’re saying they have no intention of being bothered…. oh well, looks like I’ll be shopping other places… now, just need to decide on caliber and whom
View attachment 8099511View attachment 8099512
I make carbon Osprey… I have the weird cone handled… hint hint

It never really matches perfectly trying to get cerakote to match anodized Aluminum and nitride steel… but it “matches” with graphite or armor black

If you want a different color than what is listed I can accommodate it for a nominal fee (cost of ordering the 4oz sample from cerakote only)

Just let us know in the order notes and we will get it figured out for you.

I told them if they didn't want to mess with it let me know, cancel the order, refund my money and I'll go another route. He asked if other guys were making prefits, I said yes. He said "Let me talk to the shop guys and I'll call you back". He called be back 20 min later and said they were gonna do the ones they had on order and make a decision. I again said basically that if they thought it was a problem or it wouldn't work then I would go another route. He assured me the barrel would work and that they wanted to do it.

Im looking forward to trying their tube and my order says coup de gras action so if it doesn't work, I'll either be getting a barrel that does or my money back. For now Im willing to write off the somewhat wishy washy decision to make the barrel and chalk it up to being so new of an action they didn't really know what was happening yet. We'll see how it goes. If they do the barrel and its a shooter, I'll be happy I stuck it out with them. If not, I'll be pretty annoyed that I gave them the easy out twice and they didn't take it. Interested to hear what other guys that ordered pre drawing have heard.
Fair enough. Thanks for following up with the blow-by-blow. Kind of a shame they are not on the Hide communicating. It seems like thousand points of light. I've still not made by barrel decision, but hope to get it nailed down this month.

Fair enough. Thanks for following up with the blow-by-blow. Kind of a shame they are not on the Hide communicating. It seems like thousand points of light. I've still not made by barrel decision, but hope to get it nailed down this month.
PVA is going to be your best bet for the CDG. I'm pretty sure @bohem has been involved since Ted started with the receiver.
My CDG 6.5 Creed will be my 4th from them, and my second Osprey, and all have been/ are outstanding.