• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

It never really matches perfectly trying to get cerakote to match anodized Aluminum and nitride steel… but it “matches” with graphite or armor black

If you want a different color than what is listed I can accommodate it for a nominal fee (cost of ordering the 4oz sample from cerakote only)

Just let us know in the order notes and we will get it figured out for you.
Appreciate the info. I placed my chassis, wrench, and brake order with ARC yesterday. If they are willing to take the brake off the order, I’ll just go stainless And order a 419 brake somewhere else. Once that is sorted, I’ll place an order with y’all for a barrel. Might as well set aside another 6.5 in 26”.

Reactions: bohem
Appreciate the info. I placed my chassis, wrench, and brake order with ARC yesterday. If they are willing to take the brake off the order, I’ll just go stainless And order a 419 brake somewhere else. Once that is sorted, I’ll place an order with y’all for a barrel. Might as well set aside another 6.5 in 26”.
Remove the 419 brake and order a PVA Jet 4. Thank me later..

Reactions: bohem and Awag1000
So I orered my CDG action wrench about a month after I pre-ordered the action. Does anyone know if ill have to wait the +4months for my action wrench or will it be sent around the same time the action is shipped?

So I orered my CDG action wrench about a month after I pre-ordered the action. Does anyone know if ill have to wait the +4months for my action wrench or will it be sent around the same time the action is shipped?

My understanding is that they'll bundle all the parts and ship together once your action is ready.

I couldn't help myself. My excitement is absolutely uncontrollable.
20230320_163830.jpg

20230320_170658.jpg

These count as railweights right?

did you specify them to send you that color wood grip? i wanna get an xylo chassis by the pictures show it with the darker wood
I wanted the larger grip put on and ARC said they had one that was uncoated. So I opted for that. I put bees wax on it and it has darkened up after that.

Do MDT Chassis leave room for trigger hanger like that on the Coup De Grace?

Do MDT Chassis leave room for trigger hanger like that on the Coup De Grace?
I have a HNT26 I bought for this action. I emailed mdt and according to them, the chassis accommodates most actions with trigger hangers but they haven’t tested this specific action.

So what's everyone planning to build with this action?

I'm thinking a 6mm prs build for myself.

Krg bravo
7prc from pva 26 medium Palma
Triggertech trigger
Area419 sidewinder
Probably another arken ep5 on top of it

@bohem,

Can you comment on the twist rate for 6.5 CM for your prefits? Most commonly I see 8.5, sometimes 8.0. More rarely, 7.5. But your configurator lists 7.0 as the only option. Is that because the others are not available, or because you don’t use/recommend them?

Thanks. (y)

@bohem,

Can you comment on the twist rate for 6.5 CM for your prefits? Most commonly I see 8.5, sometimes 8.0. More rarely, 7.5. But your configurator lists 7.0 as the only option. Is that because the others are not available, or because you don’t use/recommend them?

Thanks. (y)
who the fuck does an 8.5 for a 6.5CM?

8 is most common then 7.5 gaining popularity for the 153.5 and 156gr bullets (and more better for 140/144 anyways)

• Haha
Reactions: S3th and fmorelli
@bohem,

Thanks. (y)

7.5 is our standard 65 blank, 7 is the fast twist option that is in stock. The 7.5 blanks are all currently in honing step… you guys cleaned us out for probably another 4 weeks

who the fuck does an 8.5 for a 6.5CM?

8 is most common then 7.5 gaining popularity for the 153.5 and 156gr bullets (and more better for 140/144 anyways)
🤣🤣

That’s certainly one way to put it…

You are correct on the twist rates used. We don’t make an 8 because the 7.5 does everything long range related at least a little better

7.5 is our standard 65 blank, 7 is the fast twist option that is in stock. The 7.5 blanks are all currently in honing step… you guys cleaned us out for probably another 4 weeks

🤣🤣

That’s certainly one way to put it…

You are correct on the twist rates used. We don’t make an 8 because the 7.5 does everything long range related at least a little better
So what cartridge is up next on the machines???😎

Well shite, guess I sat on my tush too long. Now I get to research 7 vs 7.5, or consider my unfavorable options.

Fingers crossed it's 6GT! Probably something that's a bit more popular though. Like 6CM...
6CM then 6x47 and 6GT because the 6x47 rougher works for GT as well.

Well shite, guess I sat on my tush too long. Now I get to research 7 vs 7.5, or consider my unfavorable options.
7.5 is better than 8 all day long if you’re shooting 130’s or heavier and it doesn’t lose anything to 120 class. I don’t care about applicability to lighter than 120’s because our client base doesn’t shoot them.

The 7tw has been indistinguishable from the 7 in short and long range repeatability, the Creed just doesn’t have enough ass to make problems due to twist rate. Kinda like worrying about making a 308 in a 9tw vs 10tw… it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: AirgunnerPCP

7.5 is better than 8 all day long if you’re shooting 130’s or heavier and it doesn’t lose anything to 120 class. I don’t care about applicability to lighter than 120’s because our client base doesn’t shoot them.

The 7tw has been indistinguishable from the 7 in short and long range repeatability, the Creed just doesn’t have enough ass to make problems due to twist rate. Kinda like worrying about making a 308 in a 9tw vs 10tw… it doesn’t matter.
unless you shoot 147 ELDM 😂😉🤣

Reactions: lash and Tokay444

I’m guessing there’s a nominal impact to fps with a higher twist rate as you impart more angular momentum (energy) with faster twist rates. Is it measurable and meaningful?

I’m guessing there’s a nominal impact to fps with a higher twist rate as you impart more angular momentum (energy) with faster twist rates. Is it measurable and meaningful?

I think Litz did an article on this within the last few months, and it was measurable but not very meaningful.

Reactions: Boatninja
It’s in one of his books, I think it amounted to 5fps going from a 12 twist to an 8 twist, so an inch higher twist would be 1.3fps or so

what is the best way to contact you in regards to a barrel build? email or phone? I see you can't PM you here. Thanks and look forward to talking to you
Unless you want something way out of the ordinary, just go to the website. I don't know that I've ever had reason to call, but everything I've ordered from them has been run of the mill stuff.

Reactions: notacos4u
Unless you want something way out of the ordinary, just go to the website. I don't know that I've ever had reason to call, but everything I've ordered from them has been run of the mill stuff.
just wanted to get his opinions on different calibers and best options in regards to barrel choice for my build... This is my second build ever and the previous one was off of a Bighorn TL3 with a proof barrel. Also, about fluting and cerakoting potentially.

I'm thinking of doing a 28" competition or hvy varmint 7.5tw 6.5cm cuz who doesn't need another match rifle?! My 25cm archimedes 28" 7.5tw shoots the 135 Berger really well at 2860 and 2950. And a 153 at 2700-2750 doesn't beat it at anything but probably barrel life. 7saw has me tempted as well but that doesn't beat the 25 at anything either. I have a pair of 6gts already, 1 tactical other hunting. I have a pair of CDGs coming, and the plan is to burn out my 6gt/25cm archimedes setup, and have replacement barrels spun on these 2 CDGs. Already have the barrels for that in hand. Good problem to have I guess.

Reactions: lash