• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Here is the original I found in this thread from Feb 27th with the incorrect + operator.
A4E93D95-15D1-4D1B-A14C-FF924F3BD76C.jpeg

Here is whats on their website now with the correct - operator.
1680017819986.png

The difference of + vs - was found back on March 2nd.

This shouldnt be a worry.

We're fluting the Ospreys now.

If you have a CDG Prefit on the Group Buy and want it fluted, please let me know ASAP so I can get it in the machine.
For those that the barrel shipped already, if you want it fluted I'll do it for the combo price on the prefit page, just get it back to me.
How much extra is it for fluting on the CDG group buy barrels?

Reactions: padfoot 37
Alright after back and forth with Preferred Barrels, placed my order yesterday, to go with this CDG:

6.5mm creedmoor
24"
Alpha 160 reamer, FB to 0.170"
5R Twist 1-7.5
Heavy Palma
Carbon Fiber wrap with 50-50 Ni plated/non-plated blend
5/8"x24 muzzle end
Lead lapping

Reactions: Caldeio
We're fluting the Ospreys now.

If you have a CDG Prefit on the Group Buy and want it fluted, please let me know ASAP so I can get it in the machine.
For those that the barrel shipped already, if you want it fluted I'll do it for the combo price on the prefit page, just get it back to me.
Oh…. Now you tell us. LOL. I opted for an alternate vendor because I wanted a fluted Barrel and didn’t see the option on PVA. Glad to know it’ll be an option going forward. What about bead blasting for the satin look?

Last edited:
Already offered.
I think I remember that now… matte finish, correct? (Edit… not sure what I was remembering, can’t find the option).

What’s your fluting ratio? 8:1, 16:1, etc.

Last edited:
I think I remember that now… matte finish, correct? (Edit… not sure what I was remembering, can’t find the option).

Let you know when it shows up.

1680091874682.png

Oh…. Now you tell us. LOL. I opted for an alternate vendor because I wanted a fluted Barrel and didn’t see the option on PVA. Glad to know it’ll be an option going forward. What about bead blasting for the satin look?
We call it "bead blast and clear" under cerakote. The clear satin cerakote leaves a nice protection over the bead blast and it keeps the surface less prone to being scratched. It looks really good.

On the fluting, I declared it ready to go on Monday evening. Yesterday was the first day that I offered it.

We've been using a 7:1 on the spiral fluting and 8:1 on diamond but it's an operator configured variable in the program so you can tell me what you want it you're really particular about it for some reason.

Reactions: padfoot 37
Welp, ordered a 28" finished length heavy comp 7.5tw 6.5mm blank from hawkhill. Gonna try the Morgun King thing and run 153.5 Bergers at 2650 or so. Should buck wind pretty well for prs out here in the Rocky Mtns.
What are the dimensions on that contour?
Edit. Found it on their page.

I don't allow PM's sent to me here unless I start the conversation because it turns into a nightmare tracking email/phone/PM/Facebook/etc. Missed order changes and worse have happened, so we don't do anything with order changes except via email confirmation.

Please email any questions to office-at-patriotvalleyarms.com

I just got back to the shop after several days out of the office traveling and handling a death in our immediate family, trying to catch up on emails.

The fluting fixture is being built, the mill is running a part for it as I type this. The shortcoming for different options is availability of blanks these days. If we don't have it in stock we don't sell it on the website for obvious reasons. If you have a 29" 338 blank that you want cut into a 338 LM please let me know and we'll be happy to make it fit your action and chamber it.

Sometimes we have an oddball blank sitting around that fits the atypical order that someone is looking for but it doesn't make it onto the website. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks, though a small correction: The phone hours are now a hard limit. I updated our VOIP system to better handle voicemails, call forwarding, etc and also put in a programmed limit on the phone hours as posted on the website. You can leave a voicemail but it's better to email us as the emails are getting handled more efficiently now.
Pva claiming to do anything by e mail is a lie.

Same guy told me they were doing them and let me place my order for a prefit , maybe I'll be getting a call saying they aren't gonna do it now ???
I think they told people, early on, they were, and some placed orders early on. Somewhere in this thread I believe someone said that they were going to honor orders. Just reach out and ask them if your order will be fulfilled - they were prompt via email, when I reached out.

Got my shipping notice for my 6.5 manbun. Looking forward to getting it.

Man, you guys are way ahead of me. I still haven’t decided what caliber I want. I have a folder MPA chassis and ordered a fluted bolt for the CDG action and that’s about it. I did replace my Triggertech Special with a diamond so I might use that, or just sell it and get a diamond flat so all my rifles will be the same. Most likely will go with a Preferred Barrels prefit, but still need to make a caliber/cartridge decision. So many options these days.

Anyone know Who offers anodize service for small parts?

This just won’t look right with the Red CDG. Just looking to get the Green pc redone.

73792D50-FF11-404B-8E4F-1E6F5F3C8923.jpeg

I hope these actions are on time. My excitement is at peak levels.
Same here, just like any other ARC website trasher... my barrels will show up earlier than expected so is just the action missing...

The Past: SH Posters : "John, John, can we please, pretty please get a special CDG pre-purchase. Oh pretty please John?" John: "Well, I don't know, I'm a little reluctant. You'd have to agree to pay up front, then not bitch and moan about delivery" SH Posters : "Oh, no problem John. We promise we'll act like adults and not whine like children! Just take our money, and we'll be quiet as a church mouse until it shows up. Please, oh please, John, give us a group buy!" John : "Well, OK, as long as we have an understanding here"

The Present: " SH Posters : "John, are we gonna be on time? Huh John? Please tell me. Where's my action, John?" John: "You know, we haven't even reached the intitial delivery date yet. Relax" SH Posters - "But, but...I'm so excited John. I know we agreed not to do this to you, and we know you predicted this would happen, but where's my action, John? When will it get here, John? I can't wait, John!" John thinking to himself : "Why the fuck did I agree to this?"

The Future : New ARC Product comes out... SH Posters "John, can we get an early group buy?" John : "Not a fucking chance"

I'm still unclear about the Xylo and the AW mag latch.
Say I have a Xylo with a Archmedes and a 223 barrel running AICS, can I simply swap the barreled action to the CDG running 6.5 AW without having to change the mag latch ?

Ordered my PVA barrel for the CDG on 28 Feb and it arrived 30 Mar. I’d say PVA and @bohem under promised and over delivered. 31 days on a 6-8 week estimate, you can’t complain about that!

The last piece of the puzzle is the CDG, it arrives, when it arrives.

The Past: SH Posters : "John, John, can we please, pretty please get a special CDG pre-purchase. Oh pretty please John?" John: "Well, I don't know, I'm a little reluctant. You'd have to agree to pay up front, then not bitch and moan about delivery" SH Posters : "Oh, no problem John. We promise we'll act like adults and not whine like children! Just take our money, and we'll be quiet as a church mouse until it shows up. Please, oh please, John, give us a group buy!" John : "Well, OK, as long as we have an understanding here"

The Present: " SH Posters : "John, are we gonna be on time? Huh John? Please tell me. Where's my action, John?" John: "You know, we haven't even reached the intitial delivery date yet. Relax" SH Posters - "But, but...I'm so excited John. I know we agreed not to do this to you, and we know you predicted this would happen, but where's my action, John? When will it get here, John? I can't wait, John!" John thinking to himself : "Why the fuck did I agree to this?"

The Future : New ARC Product comes out... SH Posters "John, can we get an early group buy?" John : "Not a fucking chance"
This thread is for that, that way they can ignore it until they have something important to tell us. It’s when they start calling and emailing ARC directly that starts slowing shit down.