• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

It could depend on what configuration you ordered? I ordered a very basic barrel in common profile.

It could depend on what configuration you ordered? I ordered a very basic barrel in common profile.
Josh said all preorders were contoured prior to the print being released. The only thing I can think of is my custom freebore that Josh recommended I use for 22GT. Other than that, OBW Proof Contour.

Josh said all preorders were contoured prior to the print being released. The only thing I can think of is my custom freebore that Josh recommended I use for 22GT. Other than that, OBW Proof Contour.
I think you have your answer there, the free bore. I ordered the .168” FB. What FB did you get and why different? What bullets you planning to run?

I think you have your answer there, the free bore. I ordered the .168” FB. What FB did you get and why different? What bullets you planning to run?
.150FB for 85.5s; Josh felt like .168" is too long. Comparing what a 22BR/22BRA uses, I agree.

My main concern, is that if my 22GT didn't get spun up then I could see a several month delay. I had a 22BR take ~10 months because it was not ordered regularly.

My money is on getting my CDG in before Leupold has a MK5 back in stock.

.150FB for 85.5s; Josh felt like .168" is too long. Comparing what a 22BR/22BRA uses, I agree.

My main concern, is that if my 22GT didn't get spun up then I could see a several month delay. I had a 22BR take ~10 months because it was not ordered regularly.
Maybe waiting on a custom reamer for you.

I have a bunch of 85.5s as well as 90 SMKs and 88 ELDMs. I guess we’ll see how the Bergers do.

We cut all the 22GT bodies all in one shot, Note the other guy said his shipped on 3/28 (tuesday) and it's now Friday. Barrels are being polished and leaving every day.

We cut all the chambers in a group. We don't sort out by FIFO within the chamber group, then by who posts most, then by who calls and emails most. We pile up the 22GT's, put the roughing and finishing reamers in the machine and start cutting. Doing otherwise would be a pointless waste of time since it's only going to add overall process time to a process that's running approximately 4 weeks ahead of schedule right now.

I don't mean to be harsh but I don't feel like getting a bunch of phone calls out of turn with people worked up over seeing others get stuff before theirs and then complaining that they didn't get a return email in 12 minutes. Right now the stack of barrels for UPS pickup is almost 20 deep just from what Ben and I packed this AM.

Last edited:

I have a 169fb on my 22gt, it shoots 88s, 90 atips and 85.5 Bergers just fine. I've found that the lrht in 22 and 6mm run very well jumping 40-120k jump. I liked the idea of long freebore to be able to run pretty much any bullet but keep bearing above the neck/shoulder junction, that's all jump depending, but have found 90 atips and 88s from 20-30k jump all shot half moa or better at 3100-3120fps at 400y on paper. The 90s do very well at distance. 3 on a steel plate at 630y were just over a 2" group.

We cut all the 22GT bodies all in one shot, Note the other guy said his shipped on 3/28 (tuesday) and it's now Friday. Barrels are being polished and leaving every day.

We cut all the chambers in a group. We don't sort out by FIFO within the chamber group, then by who posts most, then by who calls and emails most. We pile up the 22GT's, put the roughing and finishing reamers in the machine and start cutting. Doing otherwise would be a pointless waste of time since it's only going to add overall process time to a process that's running approximately 4 weeks ahead of schedule right now.

I don't mean to be harsh but I don't feel like getting a bunch of phone calls out of turn with people worked up over seeing others get stuff before theirs and then complaining that they didn't get a return email in 12 minutes. Right now the stack of barrels for UPS pickup is almost 20 deep just from what Ben and I packed this AM.
Side note, would a PVA Archimedes prefit go right on the CDG in the magnum chamberings, since they shouldn't need a conical breach?

Reactions: Caldeio
ARC- when do you expect to offer barrelled actions and whose barrels do you expect to be using?

ARC- when do you expect to offer barrelled actions and whose barrels do you expect to be using?
I’ve been asking the phone line and get vague answers of ‘in a little while’.

I’ve been asking the phone line and get vague answers of ‘in a little while’.
Thanks. I suspect a little while means a long while. Given there is a 4 months delay in getting the action. I was going to do a 6.5 on this action, but I may just do a "budget" long range rifle and eventually upgraded the barrel.

Thanks. I suspect a little while means a long while. Given there is a 4 months delay in getting the action. I was going to do a 6.5 on this action, but I may just do a "budget" long range rifle and eventually upgraded the barrel.
I ordered fairly early, then added a xylo. Rings and scope are already here. Brake too. I sat on my arse for a few weeks convincing myself I wanted PVA and then they sold out of 6.5CM in 7.5tw. So I got to searching. Ordered a Preferred with flute and bead blast. Then not 1-2 days later PVA announces flutes and the 6.5CM in 7.5 is back in stock. Dammit! Preferred warns of 12 weeks lead time.

Last edited:
Yep, I was debating ARC vs MPA. With MPA’s vet discount, it was pretty hard to pass up. But then the new action came out. And shite, I’m at about $4200 before shipping and taxes. Still need mags and pod. I need to stay off the damn internet.

Eh, i work in large scale manufacturing, i get it.

Reactions: bohem
Any chassis accept AX mags vs AW mags? Already have a bunch of AX mags so would definitely help narrow down options.

Any chassis accept AX mags vs AW mags? Already have a bunch of AX mags so would definitely help narrow down options.

Likely going to have a problem finding any chassis where the front lip of the AX isn't an issue.

Probably will need to either bend/cut that tab in front or buy regular AW mags.

Side note, would a PVA Archimedes prefit go right on the CDG in the magnum chamberings, since they shouldn't need a conical breach?
Yes, based on the print provided by ARC

I havnt gotten my 6.5cm tracking yet so not done with all the 6.5s. It will get here when it does.
Unless it’s out at cerakote.

My barrel will get here when it gets here. As with anything in life, quality takes time.

Reactions: lash and giumau1
Found a 30" Bartlein blank 6mm 7.5 twist 1.25" straight IN STOCK!

Reactions: padfoot 37