• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

It works though, if you have half a clue. And it works well. To try is not good enough. One must succeed.

Oh, and he completely helped. He answered your question, as it was asked. You’re

It works though, if you have half a clue. And it works well. To try is not good enough. One must succeed.

Oh, and he completely helped. He answered your question, as it was asked. You’re welcome. 😉
I'm welcome for what? What did you contribute exactly ? Oh right not a damn thing . Let me.guess your a millennial right , you did nothing but feel a sense of accomplishment anyway .

• Haha
Reactions: lash
So, did you take your time to post on this thread just to stir shit up? Pick a fight or two? Have a bad day at work, kick the dog and yell at the wife?

Cool your jets hotshot. The guy you backhanded for “half answering” your question actually took the time to do the search for your answer, posted a link to the answer, gave you the answer and told you how to do it yourself. What more did you want? A personal letter signed by your hero, the president?

What a drama queen!

So, did you take your time to post on this thread just to stir shit up? Pick a fight or two? Have a bad day at work, kick the dog and yell at the wife?

Cool your jets hotshot. The guy you backhanded for “half answering” your question actually took the time to do the search for your answer, posted a link to the answer, gave you the answer and told you how to do it yourself. What more did you want? A personal letter signed by your hero, the president?

What a drama queen!
He wants his action. Right now!!!

What a drama queen!
You are the drama queens all I did was ask a simple question , it was met with sarcasm and replies that were not even pertinent all I did was respond in kind . Grow a damn spine , guys wanna dish it out and then cry when they get it back.

• Haha
Reactions: The D and lash
You are the drama queens all I did was ask a simple question , it was met with sarcasm and replies that were not even pertinent all I did was respond in kind . Grow a damn spine , guys wanna dish it out and then cry when they get it back.
🤣🤣🤣

You’re serious about this? 🤣🤣🤣

1684451128308.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
Lol boys they haven’t even made it 4 hours into the first day of orders. Y’all talking about anything but SA RH actions is regarded at this point lmao

Not even gonna fix it but know I’m blaming it on this damn phone doesn’t even allow you to type RETARDED anymore.

Last edited:
Lol boys they haven’t even made it 4 hours into the first day of orders. Y’all talking about anything but SA RH actions is regarded at this point lmao
I’ve been told that I’m regarded before. Always wondered what that meant. 🧐🤨🤣

But seriously, has anyone thought about the fact that these actions are still listed and available for purchase at $899? That is amazing and incredible in my opinion.

Fortunately for me, the LA I ordered doesn’t fill a pressing need and I can wait however long it takes without stress or worry. Those of you that have a timeline have a different issue.

I’ve been told that I’m regarded before. Always wondered what that meant. 🧐🤨🤣

But seriously, has anyone thought about the fact that these actions are still listed and available for purchase at $899? That is amazing and incredible in my opinion.

Fortunately for me, the LA I ordered doesn’t fill a pressing need and I can wait however long it takes without stress or worry. Those of you that have a timeline have a different issue.
Kinda makes you wonder if we were conned and this is the normal price and not an "introductory" price?

”Conned.” Amazing.
Its a term.... like I posted above absolutely no ragrets, but I don't like games or gamesmanship. If its introductory that means for a limited time. Don't try to bullshit people. I'm reasonably sure some people would not have jumped so quick if they knew the price would remain the same.

Reactions: ZY100
Its a term.... like I posted above absolutely no ragrets, but I don't like games or gamesmanship. If its introductory that means for a limited time. Don't try to bullshit people. I'm reasonably sure some people would not have jumped so quick if they knew the price would remain the same.
Perhaps. Suppose it was intended as an introductory price to gauge actual interest and to see if the business model works for it to truly be the game changer it was intended. If that was the case, and I have no idea if it was, then it met with startling success.

If that is true and that success shows that the volume and process makes the price sustainable, then who are the losers here really? Those of us that got a great action at a good price, but it may not be an “introductory price”? Or those that are trying to sell off their Defiance actions at a loss for $1400?
🤷🏻‍♂️

Perhaps. Suppose it was intended as an introductory price to gauge actual interest and to see if the business model works for it to truly be the game changer it was intended. If that was the case, and I have no idea if it was, then it met with startling success.

If that is true and that success shows that the volume and process makes the price sustainable, then who are the losers here really? Those of us that got a great action at a good price, but it may not be an “introductory price”? Or those that are trying to sell off their Defiance actions at a loss for $1400?
🤷🏻‍♂️
No losers that's for sure. Well except for the Defiance guys.

Reactions: RFutch

🤷🏻‍♂️
Wait, you’re supposed to sell guns to fund new gun purchases??? I’ve some learning to do.

Not even gonna fix it but know I’m blaming it on this damn phone doesn’t even allow you to type RETARDED anymore.
I'm not sure they're necessarily going by time of order. Likely batches of whatever configuration is finished at that time. I had an order time of 5pm (ish) and received a shipping notification a day after they started shipping.

I'm not sure they're necessarily going by time of order. Likely batches of whatever configuration is finished at that time. I had an order time of 5pm (ish) and received a shipping notification a day after they started shipping.
Well hell that’s disappointing lol. All ordered was a 20 MOA RH SA. You would think that would be the most popular and first off the line.

Those people will feel better when they get it in their hands and realize they got a $1500 action for $900. Ive laid hands on or used just about everything out there, and im shocked these are $900.

I get what he is saying, I jumped on 12 for my mates and I etc and shuffled funds around to make sure we got the intro price.

I’m stoked with the purchase, but it would have taken the pressure off to know they’d be that price for another 6mo.

🤷🏻‍♂️
This^^^ This is how internet BS gets started. Are we really going to condemn ARC for selling us a $1500 action for $900? If this action stays at that price, or even like $1200, it would send a shot across the bow of other action makers that needs to be sent imho. You wanna jack up your prices by 30% over night? So be it...

Only on snipershide will people complain about a price being too low. I was one who jumped at the introductory price expecting that it'd go up later. But if it doesn't I'm not going to be upset. That just encourages other companies to lower prices to compete.

I swear gun people are some of the most finicky people...

People of Earth,

American Rifle Company proudly introduces the Coup De Grâce at the hard to believe introductory price of only $899.

We'll be taking orders soon, probably in about eight weeks once actions are on the shelf.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

e. coup de grâce n. /ku də ɡras/ [literally stroke of grace] a blow by which one condemned or mortally wounded is ‘put out of his misery’ or dispatched quickly; hence figurative a finishing stroke, one that settles or puts an end to something.

Whether it puts competitors out of their misery or puts and end to the confusion resulting from the myriad of other bolt actions with little or nothing to distinguish one from another, American Rifle Company’s Coup De Grâce is certainly worthy of its name.

Simply put, the Coup De Grâce does more with less and looks great doing it with its beautiful design, DLC and salt bath nitrided finishes.

It’s Rem700 footprint receiver is machined with an integral recoil lug and integral 20 MOA rail.

The three-lug, 70-degree bolt uses interchangeable floating bolt heads and accommodates everything from 223 Rem on up to 338 Lapua.

Receiver and bolt work well with AICS mags but are optimized for incredibly smooth and reliable feeding using AIAW mags and conical breech barrels.

The AIAW mag will hard stop against the bottom of the receiver thus preventing interference with the bolt.

The back of the AICS mag will hard stop against the receiver but if pushed upwards, the forward tips of the feed lips will interfere with the bolt. The mag will be driven down when pushing the bolt forward. An optional forward hard stop for the AICS mag can be placed between the receiver and the stock/chassis.

Receiver-mounted passive (aka mechanical) ejector sends cases out at three o’clock through a large ejection port.

Controlled-round feed extractor grips a large portion of the case rim taking full advantage of the patented pivoting bolt handle that easily pulls even the most stubborn cartridges from the chamber.

The pivoting bolt handle can be swapped out for a fixed handle thus converting the action to one with conventional cam extraction better tolerated by highly sensitive triggers.

The entire bolt assembly is composed of only sixteen parts, but can function with as few as twelve, of which two are springs and one is a ball.

The entire bolt, even the striker assembly, can be disassembled in the field without the use of tools.

A screw-adjustable trigger hanger makes easy work of positioning Rem700 compatible triggers for bump-free bolt closing.

Dual cocking cams reduce friction within the bolt for easier bolt lift.

The bolt knob is our best ever and makes fast cycling really easy. Other knobs can also be adapted to the standard 5/16-24 handle thread.

The circular section of the bolt handle makes sweeping it back easy if that’s your preference.

Robust 9 o’clock bolt release has a direct load path to the receiver which protects the its pivot pin.

Patented toroidal bolt-lug bearing surfaces reduce stress.

The Coup De Grâce is explosively tested for safety at pressures that greatly exceed standard proof loads.

Weight: short action 947 grams (2.1 pounds), long action 1084 grams (2.4 pounds)

Why, you might ask, would we offer the Coup De Grâce at such a low price? Well, let's just say I'm a big fan of decentralized decision making and to that end, I think everyone should have long range rifle built on the best action ever offered by anyone at any price. But that's just me.

Enjoy

Ted

View attachment 8040819View attachment 8040820View attachment 8040821View attachment 8040822View attachment 8040823View attachment 8040824View attachment 8040826
That sho is purty.

Usually you can just tighten the nut against the action, and the action stays. Some use a wrench to ensure the action doesn't move, but I've never had an issue with the action moving.
You could cheat and put the action in a padded vise and torque down a shouldered prefit with precut wrench flats. Not the most optimal way to do it but it works.

I purchased a Xylo chassis and an extra "Standard" latch, two weeks ago.

Both latches are stamped with 1.10 0.34.

The length is 1.10" from the center of the pin hole that the latch pivots on to the tip of the latch that engages the magazine.

1684487549558.jpeg

When ARC released the CDG, I asked about shorter latches for the AICS magazines. They stated that at that time they did not have any, but might make some in the next run. The shorter latches are not listed on their website as of today.

You could cheat and put the action in a padded vise and torque down a shouldered prefit with precut wrench flats. Not the most optimal way to do it but it works.
Yes. I have a wrench I made which is two very heavy square bars of steel that clamp from the top of the pic rail to the magazine cut. Worked fine for putting ~50 lbs on it.

Reactions: FredHammer
I'd go buy another one lol!
Yeah ... it's like buying BBS wheels at a good deal, causing the need to buy a car to go with them. The action is the cheapest part! I'd half to commit to a whole build, and then another caliber and what comes with that.

I jumped in at the intro / pre-order price and I'm happy I did.

I think the feedback is more about the perception that you needed to get in early to get the price. That's a common sales tactic that is used by high pressure sales that most people don't like. It's why car salesmen aren't liked, or infommercials aren't like. Buy now, and we'll include floor mats or a free tube of flex seal. People don't care for that. I'm not saying that was done here, but from reading the posts maybe some people are looking at it that way.

With that being said. I have no problem if the price were to stay the same. On paper, there's nothing that competes with this at the price. It will allow me to get mine in, build them and make sure I like them. If so, then I can order more when the funds free up. . There were too many good deals here over the past few months that my bank account is drained.

If the price goes up to the $1200+ range, then I'll have to wait and see if I want to stick with the CDG or go with something different in that same price range.

I purchased a Xylo chassis and an extra "Standard" latch, two weeks ago.

Both latches are stamped with 1.10 0.34.

The length is 1.10" from the center of the pin hole that the latch pivots on to the tip of the latch that engages the magazine.

1684487549558.jpeg

When ARC released the CDG, I asked about shorter latches for the AICS magazines. They stated that at that time they did not have any, but might make some in the next run. The shorter latches are not listed on their website as of today.
Neither of my latches are marked and seem to be longer than the measurement you have. Actually looks like the hole is in a slightly different location. I will be able to make comparison this coming Tuesday. Since I have two I may try to alter one. I have been trying to put enough together to shoot a few rounds this sunday, while I'm waiting on coned barrels. I am generally much more patient, I guess this thread has gotten me excited more than usual!!

Reactions: giumau1 and lash