• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

ARC only being like 3 days into orders is pretty damned depressing, with a March order date.
Its a good and a bad thing I guess. Like @Tokay444 said, it could/should be selling for WAY more money. Also, the daily order quantity probably tapered off significantly after the first few days. Yours will undoubtedly be even more refined by the time they get to you as well.

Reactions: lash and pingunit
What's full price?
That’s a fair question, since this action has only been offered so far at this introductory price. However, when on considers the features and quality of this action to others from both ARC and competitors, a very good price would be in the $1100-1200 range. In my opinion.

Even if they decide to keep this as the full price going forward, one will be hard pressed to get the features this action offers for even close to $900.

Reactions: pingunit
That’s a fair question, since this action has only been offered so far at this introductory price. However, when on considers the features and quality of this action to others from both ARC and competitors, a very good price would be in the $1100-1200 range. In my opinion.

Even if they decide to keep this as the full price going forward, one will be hard pressed to get the features this action offers for even close to $900.
I don't disagree with most of that. He just said "be thankful you you didn't pay full price" as if it's been offered at another price. I was wondering what "full price" is.

Reactions: lash
I don't disagree with most of that. He just said "be thankful you you didn't pay full price" as if it's been offered at another price. I was wondering what "full price" is.
There may or may not have been a slight fracas upthread on the whole "introductory price thing"

• Haha
It is very possible that sales/demand have been so unexpectedly and extraordinarily strong enough that economies of scale have allowed the "introductory price" to stay permanent. Would also explain only being 3 days into orders.

(Just speculating)

There may or may not have been a slight fracas upthread on the whole "introductory price thing"
1689977742815.jpeg

Real quick, for anybody that used a BnA trigger, how was it the tune everything with the trigger hanger? I saw the new one that bullet central started rolling out this week.

Let’s not forget that that the new Vudoo centerfire action is a branded CDG. No telling how many they ordered.
If Preferred ordered 30 (just a random number) they probably went out as soon as possible after the check cleared.

Reactions: PRSDietitian
Let’s not forget that that the new Vudoo centerfire action is a branded CDG. No telling how many they ordered.
If Preferred ordered 30 (just a random number) they probably went out as soon as possible after the check cleared.
I think guys that used the tenacity for complete rifles, like deep south tactical did, should buy up some of these

How are you measuring cocking piece movement?

Measure the distance from the cocking piece to the back of the bolt shroud, a depth mic or the tail of a set of calipers works fine.

Since the CDG is a 100% cock on open action, the measurement with the bolt open is the designed / intended 100% firing pin fall.

Then close the bolt and measure it again. Identical measurements means no undercocking or overcocking, a smaller measurement means the trigger is timed for some overcocking on close, a larger measurement means it's timed for some decocking on close.

Keep in mind the sear contact angles will push the firing pin and cocking piece upwards slightly when the bolt is closed and the trigger is holding the firing pin in the cocked position, so aiming for an identical measurement between the bolt shroud to cocking piece in the bolt open and bolt closed and cocked positions may not produce the smoothest bolt cycle... but making the distances between bolt open and bolt closed and cocked close to identical will get you very close to ideal trigger timing and the smoothest bolt feel when closing the bolt slowly.

Once the initial run of LA's goes through, I am considering one for an under 2500 yard ELR build. For those looking at the LA builds, anyone looking to have a 30in barrel spun up? Where are ya'll looking for blanks? Most places I look at, that DON'T have 8-12 month lead times, only have 27 or 29in blanks. Ace barrels quoted me for a 31in blank but idk much about them.
Sheet. I ordered a 28" .300WM prefit from PVA and I got an email from them saying that was going to be something like a year out! Went with a 26" instead which is already laying up against my wall waiting for my LA to arrive. WTF is up with the lead time on long barrels?

Sheet. I ordered a 28" .300WM prefit from PVA and I got an email from them saying that was going to be something like a year out! Went with a 26" instead which is already laying up against my wall waiting for my LA to arrive. WTF is up with the lead time on long barrels?
Holy crap!! I’m thinking of just getting a blank and having Ryan Hunt chamber for me. Considering Ace, shilen, or hart for a blank due to lead times

I have a Krieger and Brux on order and was told it's at least 10 months out.

Bullet central received some blanks in last week
the ONLY thing I don't like about BC is it definitel caters to F class and BR crowds. I am wanting a faster twist 7mm for ELR next year and the fastest they have is an 8 twist and im trying to procure a 7.5 twist, which is part of why im considering Ace barrels. The guys at unknown munitions seem to like them a lot. Same with 25 cal. I'm getting a spare barrel for either my CDG or a BAT igniter i have on order for 25 creed and want 7 or 7.5 twist and the fastest BC has is 8

the ONLY thing I don't like about BC is it definitel caters to F class and BR crowds. I am wanting a faster twist 7mm for ELR next year and the fastest they have is an 8 twist and im trying to procure a 7.5 twist, which is part of why im considering Ace barrels. The guys at unknown munitions seem to like them a lot. Same with 25 cal. I'm getting a spare barrel for either my CDG or a BAT igniter i have on order for 25 creed and want 7 or 7.5 twist and the fastest BC has is 8
They cane along way in the last few months. With carrying armageddon gear and more prs friendly ... the last couple brux I bought were 7.5 from them

Which one do you want?

I think one has a red handle and the other had the black one.
I think I want the red handle because I'm a flashy, sporting, kind of guy.

Or maybe the black handle because I'm a serious rifle shooter and black is the only serious color.

Or....or...or....dang, I hate having options! haha

I'm guessing that the one I get is the other one left after you pick! LOL

Dang, those fried quail yesterday were good. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Cheers

Last edited: