• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Just got my Long Action shipping notice from ARC. RH, .535 and ordered on 2/8 at 10:19 AM.

yes-welcome.gif

Schwing!!! Just checked my status and I’ve progressed to ‘label created’ as of today.

Reactions: pingunit
I ordered my long 8 mins after orders opened. Just got shipping.

The short action is keeping me satisfied for now. Suppressor test with two different cans. U7 and a Diligent Enticer LTI shot back to back.
View attachment 8189575View attachment 8189576
How has accuracy been with the Enticer? I need a "precision" can. Tbac is usually the answer, but I'm curious if the diligent stuff performs as well in the accuracy department.

How has accuracy been with the Enticer? I need a "precision" can. Tbac is usually the answer, but I'm curious if the diligent stuff performs as well in the accuracy department.
The top pic is the enticer, so no degradation in accuracy. There was no point of impact shift between the two cans also, which is nice. Its only 1.2 oz heavier than the U7 gen 2 when both are in Area 419 trim. Among the quietest and lightest cans ever made for $850.

Last edited:
You’ve got a week, where in America does it take more than 7 calendar to ship ground to/from?
The shipping label was created, but hasn't yet been picked up. I guess it depends on when it gets picked up as that is when the clock actually starts. I have the same thought as you and am hoping that's how it works out.

I have a "spare" Manners LRH with mini chassis and have both OTM and Hawkins hunter dbm, I kinda want to see if it'll work and feed.

Reactions: D_Lamz
I have a "spare" Manners LRH with mini chassis and have both OTM and Hawkins hunter dbm, I kinda want to see if it'll work and feed.
This is currently what I am planning on running

I used a Manners Pro Hunter with Hawkins Hunter DBM and i had to file the catch on the magazines down a little but works great after that!

They supposedly struck a deal today with union voting to ratify over the first couple of weeks I’m Aug so no walk out at the end of the month
Whew…. We’re all safe now. :). I’m glad for it myself as I at least have a label made.

<edit>. Upgraded to actual shipping now!
IMG_2864.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the CDG in a Manners LRH Mini Chassis with OTM Bottom Metal. Works with AW magazines but not AICS magazines. Had to take a bit off the latch to get the AW mags to feed.

I have the CDG in a Manners LRH Mini Chassis with OTM Bottom Metal. Works with AW magazines but not AICS magazines. Had to take a bit off the latch to get the AW mags to feed.
What was the problem with the AICS mags?

Wasn't able to get them to seat all the way. You could probably get them to work by taking more material off the mag latch but I didn't attempt it.
I haven't been able to get mdt or arc aics mags into my xlr or atx chassis with a cdg action installed. The dimensions of the front the mag cut on the action just don't seem to let the mag come up high enough to latch. To me this seems to be an AW only action.

• Wow
Reactions: b6graham
Which aics brand magazine?
MDT 6mm ARC.

I’ve got an ARC, Accurate, and AW kicking around for short action that I haven’t played with, but will by next week as far as checking out the chassis/action - short action barrel hasn’t come in yet.

MDT 6mm ARC.

I’ve got an ARC, Accurate, and AW kicking around for short action that I haven’t played with, but will by next week as far as checking out the chassis/action - short action barrel hasn’t come in yet.
Interesting. I didn't try adjusting the latches, but usually an aics mag will slip up into the action cutout some to get rounds up above the feed ramp. However the mags I tried with the CDG def didn't present like a traditional aics cut. Even my tl3 that aw cut let's aics come up all the way up. I'll attempt adjusting the latch and see if they'll even catch.

Interesting. I didn't try adjusting the latches, but usually an aics mag will slip up into the action cutout some to get rounds up above the feed ramp. However the mags I tried with the CDG def didn't present like a traditional aics cut. Even my tl3 that aw cut let's aics come up all the way up. I'll attempt adjusting the latch and see if they'll even catch.
I couldn’t latch AW and AICS in the same chassis without adjusting. Even between MDT 6mm ARC and Accurate .223 AICS I had to adjust the latch, but both fed fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
Considering a long action for my 338 edge build I would assume the 535 bolt face will work with the Edge?
Any thing I should be aware of with the CDG and this combo?
The CDG is designed around cip magazines with 3.85 max oal. The 338 edge works best loaded over 3.9 OAL with 300gr bullets. I'd honestly be using an action with a 4" magazine cut and utilize the snake river/unknown dbm that has 3.95" magazines, or a wyatts cfe 4" magazine box and a hawkins m5 oberndorf bdl bottom metal. Even my 338 rum with 300 Bergers seated 40k jump is around 3.92 coal, the 338 rum is a shorter case than the edge. It all depends how comfortable you are with stuffing the bullets bearing surface base well below neck shoulder junction, I personally do not like that. Depending on the chambers freebore, you'll likely be jumping Berger bullets a long ways to 3.835 coal, eldm bullets not as bad as their nose is short.

I do not know if a cdg long action can be made to run 4" with a lil creativity and a mill. It is possible, the normal procedure is shortening the bolt stop and opening up the rear the mag port. It all depends on how much meat can be removed from bolt stop and if the hanger will be in the way to open up rear of mag port.

got my short action 30 moa ... was ordered about 1 week after announce ..

Got my tracking for my action but not my wrench.... Any WA people in the south sound have a wrench and a barrel vise I can use?

Reviewing my CDG build timeline, thought could be fun to hear for others waiting in the queue…so they can be once more grateful for being Americans and prevent them to bother Bella while waiting.
1. Jan ‘23. Thinkering about ARC actions for a long time: when I saw Ted’s announcement over here beginning of January I knew the time was come. My new PRS rifle build would have to be a Dasher CDG. Placed a pre order with my exporter in Oregon. Made sure my export permit was ready. Ordered a xylo on feb 7 to make sure all the process ‘d work the day after.
2. Feb 8, 3pm zulu+1 local time: ready on the website for preorder opening 8am pst
3. Feb 8, 8am pst: caught by the meltdown while adding the action wrench to the chart. Got ccard receipt at 08:11, so decided to wait for Arc order confirmation that came at 9:11 pst. Got FFl email, answered instantly.
4. 05/10 got my shipping notice and the action serial n. assignment. That was all I missed to start the import permit request process locally as per EU rules. I have to admit I wrote Bella twice asking whether the serial was known before the actual production but wasn’t. God forgive me.
5. 5/11 action reaches the exporter. Import permit request issued
6. 06/12 import permit received and forwarded to the exporter.
7. 06/14 the action leaves the exporter warehouse towards the freighter
8. 06/18 CDG safely lands at local intl airport. Custom clearing process begins.
9. 06/23 payed 25% of the overall value ( vat and duties ) Action ready for pickup. Got a special permit to pick it up myself and bring it to my ‘FFL’ gunsmith place. If not a high security transport service would cost 500$.
10. 06/24 ‘Classification’ process can start. Basically any new action/caliber combination has to be added to the national weapon register.
11. 07/21 barrel chambering with a brand new dasher alpha legacy dasher reamer .154 freebore ( Thanks Dan) Barrel fitted to action. Request for firearm fire test issued to the National Proof House. Basically every firearm has to go there and fire three shot and being marked.
12. 07/24 Appointment confirmation received and scheduled for 08/30 ( fuck…)

next will be: go get the damn thing-mount on the chassis-go shooting- post a pic on the SH CDG build thread-book the first Match on schedule.

so long story short:

1. dont be a dick and go around as a whining bitching and complaining because you don’t have your action yet
2. be thankful for being American
3. vote wisely the next time. Look above at what you could get.

Thanks for your reading time! Come shoot the PRS22 world championships in Italy this year!

Actually I see very little whining here. I think most people that whined got appropriate responses by others here - we knew we had to wait. It is nice to hear when others receive their CDG and post their specifics and order date. It lets those waiting have an idea of what the movement is, without anyone being prodded. So thanks to those that are willing to post up progress. Nice to see the builds, too - keeps the positive momentum.

Courtesy of Mike Lucas, I just received my bore guide for the CDG. Nice work. I'm waiting on placing the boretech order as some stuff is missing at their place.

6298f7cd794ea166c28b5d60e4c608ef5d071220d5dc4f005f4068342a137e86.jpg

Hard to tell in that picture because the left side is in the shadow, but is Mike now cutting the needed relief for the ejector on side of the bore guide? I played with the brightness and contrast of your picture and it looks like it may have a flat cut on the left side, but it's still hard to tell.

Hard to tell in that picture because the left side is in the shadow, but is Mike now cutting the needed relief for the ejector on side of the bore guide? I played with the brightness and contrast of your picture and it looks like it may have a flat cut on the left side, but it's still hard to tell.

Mike is now milling a slot in the bore guide for the ejector. I had to send mine back since I ordered them prior to the action hitting the streets. Just received them yesterday.

Lucas BG CDG 223.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: AllenOne1 and lash