• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

You’ve got a week, where in America does it take more than 7 calendar to ship ground to/from?

All it takes is one misplacement. Then it goes to the wrong hub or just disappears for 2-3 weeks.
Happened twice to me this last month.
One item took over a month. FedEx said they lost it, but found it a few weeks later.
UPS sent by accident sent a package to the wrong hub, took 4 additional days to reroute back to my main hub for delivery.
6 days to 1 month, 2 weeks... Not too common, but could happen.

Reactions: TheOE800
Hard to tell in that picture because the left side is in the shadow, but is Mike now cutting the needed relief for the ejector on side of the bore guide? I played with the brightness and contrast of your picture and it looks like it may have a flat cut on the left side, but it's still hard to tell.
Yes Mike Lucas milled a flat side for the CDG bore guide.

Reactions: AllenOne1
Long action just arrived.

IMG_9553.jpeg

i decided to volunteer as tribute to try this in a Spuhr SICS. Anyone have one they want to sell??

I see they modified the trigger hanger to add clearance for the Bix-'N Andy safety and it appears they added clearance for the safety knob at the top too. Nice! Two less things to worry about.
The short action with black hardware I just got one PBB is the original version; wonder when minor revisions will flow back to the short actions, if at all? Hanger is replaceable obviously.

Last edited:
The short action with black hardware I just got one PBB is the original version; wonder when minor revisions will flow back to the short actions, if at all? Hanger is replaceable obviously.
Consider that those at PBB were likely part of the first runs. I guess that we need someone who ordered later to report on whether or not the revisions have been incorporated in theirs.

I’m very impressed with action. Had to file out space for trigger hanger and trim the comb to allow for bolt removal, PVA barrel shoots great in my limited time with it, zero load development for 6 Dasher just some Varget and a random seating depth and it was shooting .5 moa with the few shots I took when I went to zero.
Bolt has felt better and better the more I run it.
CE28FF11-23EE-47E8-9133-0979F9C36AD0.jpeg
DD1C027A-45CA-4593-9395-1C2580446505.jpeg

I’m very impressed with action. Had to file out space for trigger hanger and trim the comb to allow for bolt removal, PVA barrel shoots great in my limited time with it, zero load development for 6 Dasher just some Varget and a random seating depth and it was shooting .5 moa with the few shots I took when I went to zero.
Bolt has felt better and better the more I run it.
View attachment 8193202View attachment 8193205

Just add a bit of oil and it’ll feel even better

• Haha
Reactions: SaxtonPope
Just add a bit of oil and it’ll feel even better
I’ll bet it does, but I’ve found that oil attracts dust and sand when not shooting on a bench, so I put a tad of grease on the lugs and other wear spots and typically leave the oil off. Unless I’m just planning on a bench session, which isn’t often.

I've just been spraying my bolt down with Hornady Gun Cleaner and Lube and putting Geissele 0000 very thin grease on the lugs. It runs very smoothly doing this and it isn't going to attract dirt to the bolt body.

I've just been spraying my bolt down with Hornady Gun Cleaner and Lube and putting Geissele 0000 very thin grease on the lugs. It runs very smoothly doing this and it isn't going to attract dirt to the bolt body.
Yeah, I’ve also had good luck with the Geissele 0000. Mil-comm too.

Reactions: pingunit and Ichi
Picked up my RHLA MAG BF yesterday. Ordered it around 1200 EST on 2/8.

Noticed the trigger hanger is different than all the others on here. Also has a C by the bolt handle instead of an A.

Attachments

• 20230730_144852.jpg
    20230730_144852.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 20230730_145006.jpg
    20230730_145006.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20230730_145322.jpg
    20230730_145322.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230730_145427.jpg
    20230730_145427.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Got my CDG built but having all kinds of magazine issues.

Chamber: .223 AI
Stock : foundation Mg2
Bottom metal: Hawkins
AICS Mags: ARC, magpul, Accurate, MDT
Brake: dead air
Suppressor: Omega
Trigger: TT Diamond
Rings: ARC
Optic: Gen III razor

None of the mags will seat in the bottom metal unless I REALLY smack them in. There is a lip on the bottom of the action that they are hitting.

I measured my other Hawkins bottom metals and the latches are the same size.

I took one mag and got the dremel out (lol) got it to seat in but now the feed lips are rubbing on the bottom of the bolt.

So need to see what you all think.

1. Grind nubby off the bottom of the action.
2. Grind down the magazine catch in the bottom metal.
3. Continue to dremel on mags (don’t like the idea of having only certain mags that work.)
4. Put small washers between bottom metal and stock to lower the bottom metal.

Attachments

• IMG_3775.jpeg
    IMG_3775.jpeg
    389.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Run AW mags. That’s the whole point.

Don’t see how that’s relevant but I’ll add it to my post.

Not a single AICS pattern magazine will seat in the action unless I smack the hell out of it and then it’s work to get it out.

I was unaware that this action was AW mags only.

“Optimised for AW magazines…”

“Optimised for AW magazines…”

Yep, part of the reason for the larger diameter bolt.

It was said by Ted early on that you'll probably have to do latch mods for AICS single stack mags, as the larger diameter bolt will probably hit the feed lips and keep the mag from latching with a stock height mag latch. An AW mag has wider feed lips and won't hit the bolt.

Direct from ARC's website, ever since the page went live back around February:

Screenshot_20230730-121548__01.jpg

That being said, I had to shorten my mag latch in my manners TCS by about 0.025" for AW mags to seat fully against the mag stops in the action, but now that the mag latch is modified all 6 of my AW mags fit great.

Last edited:
Got my CDG built but having all kinds of magazine issues.

Chamber: .223 AI
Stock : foundation Mg2
Bottom metal: Hawkins
AICS Mags: ARC, magpul, Accurate, MDT
Brake: dead air
Suppressor: Omega
Trigger: TT Diamond
Rings: ARC
Optic: Gen III razor

None of the mags will seat in the bottom metal unless I REALLY smack them in. There is a lip on the bottom of the action that they are hitting.

I measured my other Hawkins bottom metals and the latches are the same size.

I took one mag and got the dremel out (lol) got it to seat in but now the feed lips are rubbing on the bottom of the bolt.

So need to see what you all think.

1. Grind nubby off the bottom of the action.
2. Grind down the magazine catch in the bottom metal.
3. Continue to dremel on mags (don’t like the idea of having only certain mags that work.)
4. Put small washers between bottom metal and stock to lower the bottom metal.
Shimming the bottom metal down is an interesting idea and easy to try without having to modify anything. If the mags are locking into the mag latch you really just need to increase the distance from the bolt to the mag lips to make everything work.

If the bolt is open or out of the action I assume the mag will lock in like it should.

Shimming the bottom metal down is an interesting idea and easy to try without having to modify anything. If the mags are locking into the mag latch you really just need to increase the distance from the bolt to the mag lips to make everything work.

If the bolt is open or out of the action I assume the mag will lock in like it should.
Ok so with the mag that I filed the catch on and opend up the top to get past the hard stop on the bottom of the action it seats in just fine but drags heavily on the top of the mag.

Shimming the bottom metal was done on a custom defiance build I had done from a decent size shop. I had no idea they did it until I took it apart once. I was like wth but that action fed so smooth and picked up new rounds that sometimes I had to open the bolt to check if it did. That gun stripped new rounds from the mag amazingly but again they shimmed the bottom metal just right with very thin washers.

Reactions: AllenOne1
Yep, part of the reason for the larger diameter bolt.

It was said by Ted early on that you'll probably have to do latch mods for AICS single stack mags, as the larger diameter bolt will probably hit the feed lips and keep the mag from latching with a stock height mag latch. An AW mag has wider feed lips and won't hit the bolt.

Direct from ARC's website, ever since the page went live back around February:

View attachment 8193479

That being said, I had to shorten my mag latch in my manners TCS by about 0.025" for AW mags to seat fully against the mag stops in the action, but now that the mag latch is modified all 6 of my AW mags fit great.
well damn I did not see that as I kept looking at the action specks and did not click on stocks SMDH

Any recs on where to get a carbon barrel spun up for the CDG? My LA finally came in and want to get a 7PRC barrel for it.

I haven't kept up on the thread either - Any more info on possible prefits for the CDG?

Ok so with the mag that I filed the catch on and opend up the top to get past the hard stop on the bottom of the action it seats in just fine but drags heavily on the top of the mag.

Shimming the bottom metal was done on a custom defiance build I had done from a decent size shop. I had no idea they did it until I took it apart once. I was like wth but that action fed so smooth and picked up new rounds that sometimes I had to open the bolt to check if it did. That gun stripped new rounds from the mag amazingly but again they shimmed the bottom metal just right with very thin washers.
Perhaps I missed it. You’re having mag fit issues, but you didnt mention anything about feeding.

Prior to modding the mag, would it feed if you held the mag in the well? The mag should be up against the action. Did you just file too much off of wherever? Its not clear to me what or where you filed.

Do not file the action.

Reactions: pingunit and Ichi

File latch down. Mag sits lower and will seat properly. By filing the mag you’re keeping it too high in the action causing the issues.

I would try the shim option first. Seems like the easiest to reverse if it doesn’t work. Running 223 is a different set of issues than most of these guys are going to run into. An aluminum can might make nice spacer material and it’s cheap and easily attainable. Keep us posted!

P.S. I would only use Dr Pepper myself, but I guess it’s up to you.

Last edited:
Perhaps I missed it. You’re having mag fit issues, but you didnt mention anything about feeding.

Prior to modding the mag, would it feed if you held the mag in the well? The mag should be up against the action. Did you just file too much off of wherever? Its not clear to me what or where you filed.

Do not file the action.
Yes the mag would feed just being held innthe action. But wouldn’t click in.

After further investigation seems the mag latch needs to be replaced/shortened.

Reactions: pingunit