• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Yes the mag would feed just being held innthe action. But wouldn’t click in.

After further investigation seems the mag latch needs to be replaced/shortened.
Always file the latch first. It’s the easiest to replace and the least expensive. You could shim it, but honestly I would worry about the shims somehow would fail or something idk lol just my ocd.
As far as adjustable mag latches people are referring to that’s a chassis feature. MPA, KRG, MDT, XLR, JAE, Falkor, etc. Have that feature. Unfortunately no one currently makes a bottom metal for a stock that is adjustable.
If you definitely are set on running a stock and not switching to a chassis then file the latch. I did this on my manners, Hawkins, and KMW to get AWs to work with my Curtis once upon a time. Go slow.

Latch height dimensions in vid. You still might have to manually file off some material to get it just right.

thats not really adjustable, its swappable, and i have one i am waiting for
seems like they are oos everywhere atm

Anyone had any luck with the 223 on the Xylo chassis with the STD latch ? I'd like to be able to switch between AW for 6.5/6dasher and AICS for 223 without swapping latches.

Anyone had any luck with the 223 on the Xylo chassis with the STD latch ? I'd like to be able to switch between AW for 6.5/6dasher and AICS for 223 without swapping latches.
That would only work if.…you swap barreled actions. For example I’ve got a CDG 308 running AW’s now in the Xylo with std latch. If I swap in the Nucleus 223 running AICS it also would use std latch.
Xylo CDG with aics will need a shorter latch.

Reactions: st1650

You could always file the mag catch tab on the AICS 223 mags so they sit lower and work with a mag latch sized for AW mags, that way you don't have to swap the latch. Unfortunately they'll be mags dedicated for that action/stock combo after that.

Of course this also assumes you don't install the AICS mag stop tab in the CDG, otherwise AW mags won't fit.

That would only work if.…you swap barreled actions. For example I’ve got a CDG 308 running AW’s now in the Xylo with std latch. If I swap in the Nucleus 223 running AICS it also would use std latch.
Xylo CDG with aics will need a shorter latch.

Yeah I got both the Nuke/Arch 223 BF and a CDG 223 BF
I really love how the CDG feels but id hate to have to constantly swap latches on my Xylo since I have many barreled action I throw on it, I might try modding one of my AICS mag.... or maybe I’ll just do the easy button and put it on my Nuke 2.0

Reactions: 357Max
Any recs on where to get a carbon barrel spun up for the CDG? My LA finally came in and want to get a 7PRC barrel for it.

I haven't kept up on the thread either - Any more info on possible prefits for the CDG?

I have a savage Prefit from X-Caliber that I intend to use with the Barloc on my LA CDG when it gets here. I did the same for my SA CDG in 6.5 PRC and so far it seems to work fine with the 8 rounds I ran through it.

Any recs on where to get a carbon barrel spun up for the CDG? My LA finally came in and want to get a 7PRC barrel for it.

I haven't kept up on the thread either - Any more info on possible prefits for the CDG?
Carbon6 is doing prefits. Im about done with load development and so far it looks like its shooting about .6 Moa. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on their .5 Moa guarantee and say that I am the reason for the .6 groups. Ive had some groups where 3 or 4 out of 5 are in the .3's and the 5th pushes out to .6. Hopefully the seating depth tests will tighten things up but so far its hard to complain about the barrel.

Carbon6 is doing prefits. Im about done with load development and so far it looks like its shooting about .6 Moa. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on their .5 Moa guarantee and say that I am the reason for the .6 groups. Ive had some groups where 3 or 4 out of 5 are in the .3's and the 5th pushes out to .6. Hopefully the seating depth tests will tighten things up but so far its hard to complain about the barrel.
Carbon6 turned me off with their flip flopping: we're going to do the CDG ... we're not doing the CDG because of that conical thingie ... ohh now we're doing the CDG again ... I'm sure it's a good product. Wish you the best.

I was also annoyed to see that after I had ordered. I considered pulling my order but decided to just leave it after talking with them and them saying they'd do it. Seems like they finally got their shit together and realized the conical breach requirements arent a big deal.

the ONLY thing I don't like about BC is it definitel caters to F class and BR crowds. I am wanting a faster twist 7mm for ELR next year and the fastest they have is an 8 twist and im trying to procure a 7.5 twist, which is part of why im considering Ace barrels. The guys at unknown munitions seem to like them a lot. Same with 25 cal. I'm getting a spare barrel for either my CDG or a BAT igniter i have on order for 25 creed and want 7 or 7.5 twist and the fastest BC has is 8
@PRSDietitian I've got a Kreiger 7mm blank in 7T. PM me if you're interested.

PVA does up CF barrels and by all accounts, their barrels shoot really well, can’t imagine the CF ones would be any different @bohem

PVA does up CF barrels and by all accounts, their barrels shoot really well, can’t imagine the CF ones would be any different @bohem
PVA, Carbon6, Preferred Barrels will all do the CDG prefit. I am still waiting on an action and cannot speak to my Preferred Barrels accuracy, but process and aesthetic - looks great, they did custom order on the freebore. It's a 10-14 week wait right now from them. When you order, it you will get notification of your order. You won't hear back until your barrel goes in to production. So if it says 10-14 weeks, just wait, the email will come in that time frame in my experience.

Gratuitous photo…. It’s not nearly so nice as some of the prior glamour shots. I sent PBB my Area419 brake and they bead blasted it along with the barrel. Matchy-matchy.

IMG_2878.jpeg

Last edited:
Does the action come with pivot handle and straight handle?

Looks good with regular 223, thanks for the good pics.

Hopefully 223AI doesn't hang up when the steeper shoulder contacts the bottom edge of the chamber; waiting to hear back from kadams1563 when he gets his 223AI barrel. That's what I'm fighting on my AI AXSA in 223AI which also has no real feed ramps and a conical breech. It ran perfect when fireforming but now the formed ackley brass is catching the end of the chamber at the shoulder/neck junction because of the steeper shoulder angle.

The easy solution is stick with regular 223, but I have a thing for 223AI, lol
I have a little bit of info on this that hopefully is helpful for anyone thinking about 223ai, or already running one @Kadams1563
My build specs:
CDG short action with .378" bolt face
ARC Xylo chassis
PVA 26" M24 barrel 7tw
Accurate Mag AICS 223 magazine
I had to file about .20" off my mag latch, because I bought this chassis used and it had the long mag latch installed. I spoke with Bella and she informed that they will be making a shorter version (shorter than their standard mag catch) of the mag catch (1.90"), just for 223 mag's, once they get caught up. I was able to get my mag to latch properly and all of 75 rounds of 223, fire form loads fed flawlessly. I have 200 pieces of once fired LC brass, set aside, that I intend to convert to 223ai brass and I am still working through that process. But last night I made one 223ai dummy round to see how well it would feed. I am shooting Hornady 75 grain BTHP bullets and I seated it .020" off the lands at 1.9410" CBTO (2.310" COAL). If I ran the bolt slowly it would not feed. I think it was getting hung up on where the shoulder was trying to enter the chamber. But I'm not exactly sure. I just know that the bolt would stop about a 3/4" before the round was fully chambered.
However, if I ran the bolt fast, it fed well. I tried this multiple times and with only 1 round (representing last round) in the mag and with a full mag (loaded with regular 223 under the 223ai dummy round).
I know this is a very small sample (of 1) but I feel confident that once I am done fire forming brass and start loading the 223ai rounds that they will all feed as intended.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

I have a little bit of info on this that hopefully is helpful for anyone thinking about 223ai, or already running one @Kadams1563
My build specs:
ARC Xylo chassis
PVA 26" M24 barrel 7tw
I had to file about .20" off my mag latch, because I bought this chassis used and it had the long mag latch installed. I spoke with Bella and she informed that they will be making a shorter version (shorter than their standard mag catch) of the mag catch (1.90"), just for 223 mag's, once they get caught up. I was able to get my mag to latch properly and all of 75 rounds of 223, fire form loads fed flawlessly. I have 200 pieces of once fired LC brass, set aside, that I intend to convert to 223ai brass and I am still working through that process. But last night I made one 223ai dummy round to see how well it would feed. I am shooting Hornady 75 grain BTHP bullets and I seated it .020" off the lands at 1.9410" CBTO (2.310" COAL). If I ran the bolt slowly it would not feed. I think it was getting hung up on where the shoulder was trying to enter the chamber. But I'm not exactly sure. I just know that the bolt would stop about a 3/4" before the round was fully chambered.
However, if I ran the bolt fast, it fed well. I tried this multiple times and with only 1 round (representing last round) in the mag and with a full mag (loaded with regular 223 under the 223ai dummy round).
I know this is a very small sample (of 1) but I feel confident that once I am done fire forming brass and start loading the 223ai rounds that they will all feed as intended.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Good info, thanks.

My AIAX with the 223AI conversion acts similar to your CDG; with brass that hasn't been fireformed yet it feeds easily, slow or fast. With fireformed brass the 40 degree neck/shoulder junction hangs on the edge of the chamber and stops the bolt if you run the bolt slowly, but it feeds ok if you run the bolt fast.

While it's good to hear 223AI runs in the CDG it also kind of confirms my suspicion that the Archimedes might be the better action for small diameter cartridges with single stack mags like 223AI as it was built around single stack mags; I can run my 223AI Archimedes as slow or as fast as I want and it always feeds smoothly. At this point I'm leaning towards building my other Archimedes into a lightweight 223AI and not selling it for another CDG, I'll keep my CDG for larger cartridges that work with AW mags, which it runs very well.

My opinion, as always, is subject to change with additional data...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ichi and pingunit
My build specs:
ARC Xylo chassis
PVA 26" M24 barrel 7tw

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers
@Kiba
My .223ai does the same thing. If you run the bolt slow it feeds very smoothly until you get about 3/4 way done and then you get a hitch. It takes just a little more pressure to get it to chamber all the way. When running the bolt normally I do not notice it. It feeds fine.

Reactions: pingunit
The FFL fairy called today and I was finally able to pick up my very own action, ordered early February…. Anyhow, I am looking at the trigger hanger and my triggertech diamond does not seem to fit exactly right. I push it into place and the front holes are slightly misaligned. Is this expected? Is it expected to file down either the bracket or the trigger slightly to get them to align?

Anyhow…. I’ll start reading back through the comments to see if this is already answered.

The FFL fairy called today and I was finally able to pick up my very own action, ordered early February…. Anyhow, I am looking at the trigger hanger and my triggertech diamond does not seem to fit exactly right. I push it into place and the front holes are slightly misaligned. Is this expected? Is it expected to file down either the bracket or the trigger slightly to get them to align?

Anyhow…. I’ll start reading back through the comments to see if this is already answered.
My Diamond fit perfectly fine right in the hangar. No issues at all

Reactions: Baron23 and kampr

Put my Diamond in last night and it fit no issues at all. Can you post a picture of what’s going on?

I'm planning a 300 norma, haven't settled on a chassis but figure the first one will be a MDT ESS. Would like the KMW zealot but that's not out yet.

Just got my second action, and interestingly, a Timney trigger results in a smoother bolt lift than a Trigger Tech.

They are both two stage, curved, 8oz/2lb, triggers.

Odd. The trigger tech can be swapped with the Timney, and the receiving action will suddenly become butter smooth (once trigger hanger is adjusted).

(To install the Timney you need to remove the bolt release from the side of the trigger, and cut the trigger hanger with a slight relief for the safety.)

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
Another thing I noticed is that the Bartlein barrel I originally installed on the CDG seems to have point of impact shifts, depending on how heavy the suppressor is at the end of the barrel.

I don’t have that issue with my TRG 22 with any of the suppressors I put on there with the stainless barrel. (all suppressors shoot the same POI on the Bartlein stainless barrel, which was a significant shock to me… TBAC Ultra9, R30K, Biscuit 30)

1691178208029.jpeg

Proof (top) vs Bartlein (bot)

I have a stainless rock creek crucible Uber heavy barrel on its way to PVA to spin up a solid steel bbl to see what the differences are between them.

….and PVA is making an Osprey 1:7 CF bbl to compare to the other two!

It was a little surprising to me that the bartlein was such a thin profile and that’s the only profile their carbon fiber barrels come in.

Last edited:
Just got my second action, and interestingly, a Timney trigger results in a smoother bolt lift than a Trigger Tech.

They are both two stage, curved, 8oz/2lb, triggers.

Odd. The trigger tech can be swapped with the Timney, and the receiving action will suddenly become butter smooth (once trigger hanger is adjusted).
Good to know.

Has anyone tried a Huber two stage yet?

Brother and I just picked up our long actions today so I’ll have to get mine built up and a stock purchased for the other rifle I’m stealing the stock off.

Another thing I noticed is that the Bartlein barrel I originally installed on the CDG seems to have point of impact shifts, depending on how heavy the suppressor is at the end of the barrel.

I don’t have that issue with my TRG 22 with any of the suppressors I put on there with the stainless barrel. (all suppressors shoot the same POI on the Bartlein stainless barrel, which was a significant shock to me… TBAC Ultra9, R30K, Biscuit 30)

View attachment 8196961

Proof (top) vs Bartlein (bot)

I have a stainless rock creek crucible Uber heavy barrel on its way to PVA to spin up a solid steel bbl to see what the differences are between them.

….and PVA is making an Osprey 1:7 CF bbl to compare to the other two!

It was a little surprising to me that the bartlein was such a thin profile and that’s the only profile their carbon fiber barrels come in.
bartlein CF come in 2 sizes. one is an M24/M40 (might be 3 now?)

I have a couple MDT polymer 223 magazine. Thinking about jb welding or riveting a “AW” height mag latch. Maybe filing down the top of the lips if there’s bolt drag.

foundation and metal arrived today. so, intalled trigger, adjusted per teds video, getting interference with the rear of the hanger. i get to be a gunsmiff now

Reactions: pingunit
When I checked on their website it only shows the contour #3… which is definitely a very thin profile
All of my Bartlein CFW are #14 M24/M40. Multiple purchased direct fm Bartlein over the last 18 mths or so.

Good to know.

Has anyone tried a Huber two stage yet?
Should be the post below outlining Huber install on CDG. Mine is 12oz/12oz & runs like a champ.

Reactions: pingunit and lash
Should be the post below outlining Huber install on CDG. Mine is 12oz/12oz & runs like a champ.

Thank you I either missed that or forgot it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ CRS

Reactions: 357Max

Loosen the hangar

Reactions: kampr
Trigger Techs work without a problem… loosen the front bolt.

also, make sure to adjust the front bolt with the rear bolt, slightly loosen hex nut until the bolt doesn’t noticeably shift when you lift and close the action while it’s cocked.

it should basically be smooth as butter or close to it when you’re done.