• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Bolt body too big ? This is my moment to shine
20231219_070651.jpg

Im not serious.

• Haha
Reactions: Evintos and lash
Just checking on whether anyone has any more input on delivery schedules. I ordered my right hand LA on 07/28/23. Just curious if I'm getting close.

Just checking on whether anyone has any more input on delivery schedules. I ordered my right hand LA on 07/28/23. Just curious if I'm getting close.
Probably not. I ordered my LA in April and just got it 1st week of Nov.
Then I found out the 30 moa rail is too much for my 30mm scope. So going to sell mine and reorder one.

Just received shipping notification.

Ordered 06/6/2023
Shipped 12/19/2023

Right Hand
Long Action
.588 bolt face
Fluted
30 MOA rail
Thanks. That's exactly what I ordered. Looks like sometime in Feb 2024. Should be enough time for my gunsmith to get it together.

Well why are you using a puny scope?
I'm building a lightweight-ish build using Proof Carbon and XLR Element Magnesium chassis.
- When long range hunting I'll use my HD LHT 4.5-22X50 for hunting.
- When shooting a up to 1.5 miles I'll throw on my S&B PMII or Razor G3 and mount up to 8lbs of weights on the side of the XLR chassis.

Anybody want to trade my 30moa LA CDG for a 20 moa? :)

I'm building a lightweight-ish build using Proof Carbon and XLR Element Magnesium chassis.
- When shooting a up to 1.5 miles I'll throw on my S&B PMII or Razor G3 and mount up to 8lbs of weights on the side of the XLR chassis.

Doesn't that scope have 70 moa travel?

Doesn't that scope have 70 moa travel?
75 moa or 22.4 mils. I currently have my HD LHT on my Sig Cross with 0 moa. I can dial 15 mils up (wasting about 7.4 mils). 30 moa cant is 8.7 mils. I then mounted the scope on a Tikka T3X with 20 moa base and can dial 20.2 mils (wasting about 2.2 mils). Based on these 2 rifles I am confident that I cannot a 100 or 200yd zero on my 30 moa CDG.
ARC also told me that I am very unlikely to get a 100 or 200yd zero when I called them asking about a 10 moa Mbrace (which was not available in a 30mm) last week.

Do you have your LA Mg XLR? If not I have a LNIB bronze one for sale.

If it was SA, I would.

75 moa or 22.4 mils. I currently have my HD LHT on my Sig Cross with 0 moa. I can dial 15 mils up (wasting about 7.4 mils). 30 moa cant is 8.7 mils. I then mounted the scope on a Tikka T3X with 20 moa base and can dial 20.2 mils (wasting about 2.2 mils). Based on these 2 rifles I am confident that I cannot a 100 or 200yd zero on my 30 moa CDG.
ARC also told me that I am very unlikely to get a 100 or 200yd zero when I called them asking about a 10 moa Mbrace (which was not available in a 30mm) last week.
Another option would be to buy an ARC 10 MOA MBrace mount and use the mount backwards to give you an effective 20 MOA mount. No waiting for a new action.

Another option would be to buy an ARC 10 MOA MBrace mount and use the mount backwards to give you an effective 20 MOA mount. No waiting for a new action.
yep, that is one of my options too (but not very high on my list). Their 10 moa, 30mm option just went live this week but she's a heavy mount at 9 oz. If only Spuhr made their lightweight hunter series unimounts or Badger unimount in 10 moa this 30 moa CDG wouldn't of been a problem at all for my HD LHT.

yep, that is one of my options too (but not very high on my list). Their 10 moa, 30mm option just went live this week but she's a heavy mount at 9 oz. If only Spuhr made their lightweight hunter series unimounts or Badger unimount in 10 moa this 30 moa CDG wouldn't of been a problem at all for my HD LHT.
Understood and I wondered if the weight would be an issue. Just for your peace of mind I have that exact some scope on a 20 MOA rail and have 6.5 to 7 mils down before I run out of adjustment.

Understood and I wondered if the weight would be an issue. Just for your peace of mind I have that exact some scope on a 20 MOA rail and have 6.5 to 7 mils down before I run out of adjustment.
Nice! When I started asking around I did get various answers. You are the 2nd to have enough under to make a 30 moa rail work. The majority did not have enough elevation (HD LHT owners and another guy with a Trijicon Tenmile) to make a 30 moa cant work so I'm playing it safe. Rather not find out after the barrel gets installed. ARC's general guideline chart and talking to them pretty much helped me make my decision to dump it or find a unicorn lighweight 10moa unimount.

1703082086042.png

Nice! When I started asking around I did get various answers. You are the 2nd to have enough under to make a 30 moa rail work. The majority did not have enough elevation (HD LHT owners and another guy with a Trijicon Tenmile) to make a 30 moa cant work so I'm playing it safe. Rather not find out after the barrel gets installed. ARC's general guideline chart and talking to them pretty much helped me make my decision to dump it or find a unicorn lighweight 10moa unimount.

View attachment 8301314
Even if it did work with the 30 MOA rail you'd be maxing or almost maxing out your scopes adjustment - not a good thing.

Reactions: AznTactical
You could order a 20MOA mount, run it backwards and use your rifle. If you want to get a different action you can order it now and when it comes in you can sell your original and the mount for almost what you paid for them.

Use a 20 MOA mount and put it on backwards, LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: HMRamateur
So I don’t know much about AW mags, is there only 308 or do they make a SAUM/PRC specific aw mag? Looking to build a 7saum barrel but I can’t get Aics to work in my Mpa chassis and don’t want to change mag latch if I can help it. Sorry if it’s been asked, there’s a lot of posts to go through lol

So I don’t know much about AW mags, is there only 308 or do they make a SAUM/PRC specific aw mag? Looking to build a 7saum barrel but I can’t get Aics to work in my Mpa chassis and don’t want to change mag latch if I can help it. Sorry if it’s been asked, there’s a lot of posts to go through lol
Currently AW mags are only available in one configuration, 308 or similar. Can also be used for BR, bra, gt, size with mag kit. Nothing specific to other sizes available right now. MPA chassis will likely require a mag latch swap/mod for best AICS fit with the CDG.

What brand of mag? Maybe I need to try a different one. I’ve got mdt metal and polymer

Funny. I’ve had the best luck with MDT mags and Poly mags. I’ve never had good luck with AI or Accurate

What brand of mag? Maybe I need to try a different one. I’ve got mdt metal and polymer
My MPA Matrix pro/CDG in 6.5cm also feed fine with AICS mags, MDT 12 rounder and Accurate mags with A419 extensions.

Reactions: LR1845
My MPA Matrix pro/CDG in 6.5cm also feed fine with AICS mags, MDT 12 rounder and Accurate mags with A419 extensions.
Maybe they’ve made the latch more adjustable on the pro chassis or something. Il shoot them an email and see if they have a shorter mag latch. I’m running 6.5 creed also but I had to remove about .020 off of MDT’s shortest mag latch to get it to work.

For just the action?!?

Yeah, I'd cancel that shit yesterday, and gladly find an Origin that's in stock.

This place's tolerance level for wait times baffles me.

6mo+ wait times are for McLarens, not for gun parts.
If they're that far out, they basically do not exist.

Reactions: godofthunder
If instant gratification takes a precedence in your life over innovation and quality, then get the Origin. Also, I don’t even feel sorry for you. You’re just an idiot.
Bear in mine, the Origin is Bighorn’s entry level budget action. The CDG is ARC’a top of their range action. It just happens to be an entry level price. For how much longer none of us knows. It truly is a $1500+ action selling for $900. The Origin is a $500 action selling for $900.

Last edited:
If instant gratification take a precedence in your life over innovation and quality, then get the Origin. Also, I feel sorry for you.
Bear in mine, the Origin is Bighorn’s entry level budget action. The CDG is ARC’a top of their range action. It just happens to be an entry level price. For how much longer none of us knows. It truly is a $1500+ action selling for $900. The Origin is a $500 action selling for $900.
Innovation?
Quality?
Explain that.
Point out the innovation and quality aspects that lack in other actions.

What is it about the CDG that makes it miles above the Origin in the department where it matters. Accuracy.

It's a 700 footprint action with integrated rail and lug.
Give me a moment to let the innovation waft over me!

Yeah, it's a good deal, but at the end of the day, it's just another action.

Oh, don't feel sorry for me. Go on with your life.

Put both in your hand at the same time and tell me the Origin isn’t going to be the turd that you flush.

Question for those with hand on experience with the CDG and Impact actions…which do you find to be smoother.

I’m about to pull the trigger on getting a 300 NM and I’m struggling between the two actions.

I think I’m leaning towards CDG but obviously Impact comes with a lot of legacy.

Innovation?
Quality?
Explain that.
Point out the innovation and quality aspects that lack in other actions.

What is it about the CDG that makes it miles above the Origin in the department where it matters. Accuracy.

It's a 700 footprint action with integrated rail and lug.
Give me a moment to let the innovation waft over me!

Yeah, it's a good deal, but at the end of the day, it's just another action.

Oh, don't feel sorry for me. Go on with your life.
Let’s list the disadvantages of the Origin.
20moa pinned rail. And 20moa only. Not only is it not a 1 piece action, they only offer one inclination.
2 lug 90°. Preference, but 70° will always run faster than 90°.
Single cocking cam.
Won’t run AW mags.
Pinned recoil lug.
No trigger timing/pin fall adjustment.
Fixed bolt handle.
Only one bolt body option.
Could likely find more, but these are the major objective ones when stacked against the CDG.

I'd say that aside from an engineering standpoint, the price is innovative as well. If anyone on here has spent some time in a manufacturing environment, they'll know what it takes to make this. For those that haven't, I'd suggest a tour of any machine shop to see whats needed to produce even so much as a washer.

Reactions: Islander and lash
Let’s list the disadvantages of the Origin.
20moa pinned rail. And 20moa only. Not only is it not a 1 piece action, they only offer one inclination.
2 lug 90°. Preference, but 70° will always run faster than 90°.
Single cocking cam.
Won’t run AW mags.
Pinned recoil lug.
No trigger timing/pin fall adjustment.
Fixed bolt handle.
Only one bolt body option.
Could likely find more, but these are the major objective ones when stacked against the CDG.
He’s just trying to justify his origin purchase because he couldn’t wait a few months for a CDG, like the rest of us did.

Reactions: LR1845 and lash