• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing couple of pics of new hunting ground

hiddenmongoose

crazysection
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2009
Ireland
I finally got the rights to an area iv been waiting 8 years for,its about 8000 acres big.Its stacked with deer and plenty of foxes to target too.It also has pretty much unlimited range in several directions to shoot rocks.My leica lrf only goes to 1200meters (and only in good conditions) but map measurments show ranges of out to 3.5km!
I went down today for a scout about,I brought my 40xb 308 packed in my gunslinger2(thanks ceylon)along with 75 rounds and headed off for a good hike around to get a feel for the place .
I started out at dawn and when it became light it was a fine clear morning with cloud on the tops of the high hills, not a breath of wind out.First shot of the day was a rock about 1 meter tall by 1.5 meter wide at a range of 957 meters(1046 yards)My FDAC gave me 12.8 mils elev,and i held zero wind. cold bore hit dead centre of the rock !I followed this up with 4 more . I sent another 50 rounds from here at rocks at various ranges from about 500 meters out to 1080 meters.
Heres a view from the firing point
345zzt2.jpg

heres a close up, the brown square 'field' in the centre of the pic is 950 meters out.
2q35bew.jpg

I headed off then for a further recce around the place,The gunslinger as usual made carrying my gear easy(it weighed 40lbs with rifle included)
f3t3zd.jpg

Rains came in then and the place was a complete washout and on/off whiteout too.
i2vtbb.jpg
so i came down off the hills to lower ground my camera died then also which is a pity as i came across plenty of deer on my way back.All in all i covered about 25 miles .Im stoked about gettin some hunting and camping done and getting some steel hung up there too

Re: couple of pics of new hunting ground

Looks like a lot of fun, bet you'll have a great time out there!

Looks like a very neat area to have access to, you'll have to share some pics of your hunting success.

Gorgeous country. Make good use of it whacking those pesky foxes and roe deer. What are using to call foxes and do you do any lamping/spotlighting?

just a small hand call to call foxes, il sometimes put out a few dead rabbits and overwatch that.I do a lot of lamping foxes but just not in that area as there is a lot of deer poaching going on recently and the rangers are out checking regularly so i dont want to get confused with a deer poacher.