• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Couple of Suppressor Questions (SilencerTech, Witt Machine, etc.)

MarkLeupold

On board the .25 train
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
1. Does anyone have any experience with SilencerTech suppressors? They don't have a website, and while I have some information on them, I don't have any prices on them. If anyone knows what their models cost, that would be super helpful.

2. What are people's opinions on Witt Machine Suppressors? Application would be on a bolt action precision rifle: competitions and such with some hunting thrown in. They are affordable and that's attractive to me.

3. Does anyone have any other suppressors they think I should look at? Trying to stay pretty reasonable here (maybe around $700 with stamp). Figure since I'm turning 21 this year it's about time for a suppressor and a handgun.

I would go with a multi cal set up like the optimus silencer from Griffin or the hybrid 46 from silencer co. It may be more money but more options to suppress other cals. This can set you up for a few years until you get into your career job to buy more cans if you choose to.

Reactions: MarkLeupold
Do yourself a favor and buy a silencer tech. They're a little louder than most but the amount of recoil they reduce is the best out there, and barry is a stand up guy. I'm not sure on price but I think the cfp can is 5 or 600
A few guys at our local matches use them and love them. If I remember he paid 500 for it. Great can. He has Facebook page. He really stands behind his work.

Will Barry or his small business be around in say 5yrs? What if he's not and you have baffle strike and tear the end cap off? Those are things to consider with a registered item and a non-refundable $200 tax. May not bother you if you have a lot of extra disposable income and time to kill waiting on another stamp. You could grab something like a YHM Resonator for $400. Company has been in business since the 50s and is diversified. No BS warranty and if not repairable, they'll give you new can AND pay your tax stamp. Next goof up the stamp is on you though

Shooting and RO'ing matches I can say that you definitely know when someone is shooting a Silencer Tech can. They are far and away the loudest cans out there. 90% of cans seem to be really close in sound and you wouldn't be able to tell one from the other if you were blindfolded. You buy a Silencer Tech if you want to support a local guy. If you want something that is light, quiet, and backed by an exceptional warranty, get a TBAC.

Do yourself a favor and buy a silencer tech. They're a little louder than most but the amount of recoil they reduce is the best out there, and barry is a stand up guy. I'm not sure on price but I think the cfp can is 5 or 600

Silencer Tec is a Great can and Barry is a great guy. Most recoil reduction and best accuracy in my opinion.

Silencer Tec is a Great can and Barry is a great guy. Most recoil reduction and best accuracy in my opinion.

I'm sure a SilencerTech would be great, but...

Will Barry or his small business be around in say 5yrs? What if he's not and you have baffle strike and tear the end cap off? Those are things to consider with a registered item and a non-refundable $200 tax.

This worries me. I guess if it's what I really want, I'll get one, but it's definitely a sticking point for me right now.

Shooting and RO'ing matches I can say that you definitely know when someone is shooting a Silencer Tech can. They are far and away the loudest cans out there. 90% of cans seem to be really close in sound and you wouldn't be able to tell one from the other if you were blindfolded. You buy a Silencer Tech if you want to support a local guy. If you want something that is light, quiet, and backed by an exceptional warranty, get a TBAC.

I'd love a TBAC, but they're expensive for a metal tube to put on the end of my barrel. They're out of my price range right now. If they were within reach, I wouldn't be asking what to get, lol.

This worries me. I guess if it's what I really want, I'll get one, but it's definitely a sticking point for me right now.

I'd love a TBAC, but they're expensive for a metal tube to put on the end of my barrel. They're out of my price range right now. If they were within reach, I wouldn't be asking what to get, lol.

Keep an eye in the PX or out a WTB ad for a TBAC cert. I scored a 100% off for $800 and was able to use it on their new 338 Ultra SR. They get half off certs for $250 ish regularly as well. I have two SiCo Omega 300 in jail right now for my semi autos that I am looking forward to but I’ve not shot them. Only the Ultra 7 .30 that I have now and I am gladness it was my first can. I have the same in 6.5 in jail right now too lol.

I have 4 SilencerTech cans, two 3G's and 2 6.5CFP's, I have other suppressors too, but I don't consider them to be as bombproof as the SilencerTech cans. Like some guys have said, they may not be the quietest cans out there, but they're damn sure the most accurate ones I own.

Will Barry or his small business be around in say 5yrs?

Man we don't even know if SilencerCo will be around for 5 more years and they're the biggest mfg of cans out there, they can all go out of business and there's just nothing that can 100% assure you they won't. So at the end of they day, it's a gamble no matter which one you buy, pick one and enjoy it, you won't go wrong with a Silencer Tech!

Well, my advice is to save up for the TBAC. If you really want a fine can that's not too costly, then look at Elite Iron. It's sorta like a TBAC but made out of 316SS. The owner, Dave, is a metallurgist by profession and knows what he's doing. Several alphabet soup agencies use his stuff. I have one in .50bmg and it's really nice and one in .338LM I haven't used yet (need a rifle!).

The TBAC is the best of it's type and it's quiet and lightweight. Best CS in the business, they're always on here answering questions, usually the same ones over and over and they treat it like it's the first time, every time. Amazing people. They squared me away when I bought a can literally days before the new Ultra model came out but wasn't told. They sold me the new one for, a 6.5 Ultra 9, and I love that can! On a 20" Grendel there ain't nothing like it! I got a .30 Ultra 5 too and for a short can, that one comes out on top. Super light and it takes noise down to technically "suppressor" level and not just "moderator" level like most shorty cans. The 9" has just amazing performance and the older 30CB9 I have still takes the noise down less than anything else I have. The thread over mounts are IMO some of the best out there and why I went with them in the first place.

Elite Iron uses a similar thread over brake like TBAC. It's those style mounts that have the fewest problems. They're basically like direct thread but better. So Elite uses SS but the weight isn't out of control like you'd think. It's still heavy, but it's not like a brick. His .50BMG can for instance, it's 4lbs., but some mfg.'s titanium cans literally weigh 4lbs. Their solid. He also sells the mounts or direct thread models indexed TDC to your rifle. If it's going on a mount, he can do it, if it's direct thread (like mine) he'll send a thread on collar that you mark TDC with and he'll make it happen. That gives you repeatable and consistent vertical POI shift. I also had a brake made (he makes the McMillan brakes and mine is the same) that indexes without the use of shims, so the can and brake can be changed in the field easier. Does excellent custom work. Any color Cerakote like TBAC. Costs significantly less due to use of 316 vs. Ti.

If I needed a quality suppressor and I couldn't afford the TBAC, I'd definitely be going with Elite Iron then. They were also my top choice for .50BMG and they still costs half as much as the competition. Excellent workmanship, CS (if you need it) nothing but good to say. This isn't a budget choice either, these are very nice cans and happen to cost less to make than a Ti can.

Those other two you mention, never heard of 'em. The above two will be around, ain't going anywhere. Both have contracts to fill and service.

I have 4 SilencerTech cans, two 3G's and 2 6.5CFP's, I have other suppressors too, but I don't consider them to be as bombproof as the SilencerTech cans. Like some guys have said, they may not be the quietest cans out there, but they're damn sure the most accurate ones I own.

What's the measurements on the 6.5CFP and what did you pay for those two models if you don't mind me asking?

Well, my advice is to save up for the TBAC. If you really want a fine can that's not too costly, then look at Elite Iron. It's sorta like a TBAC but made out of 316SS. The owner, Dave, is a metallurgist by profession and knows what he's doing. Several alphabet soup agencies use his stuff. I have one in .50bmg and it's really nice and one in .338LM I haven't used yet (need a rifle!).

The TBAC is the best of it's type and it's quiet and lightweight. Best CS in the business, they're always on here answering questions, usually the same ones over and over and they treat it like it's the first time, every time. Amazing people. They squared me away when I bought a can literally days before the new Ultra model came out but wasn't told. They sold me the new one for, a 6.5 Ultra 9, and I love that can! On a 20" Grendel there ain't nothing like it! I got a .30 Ultra 5 too and for a short can, that one comes out on top. Super light and it takes noise down to technically "suppressor" level and not just "moderator" level like most shorty cans. The 9" has just amazing performance and the older 30CB9 I have still takes the noise down less than anything else I have. The thread over mounts are IMO some of the best out there and why I went with them in the first place.

Elite Iron uses a similar thread over brake like TBAC. It's those style mounts that have the fewest problems. They're basically like direct thread but better. So Elite uses SS but the weight isn't out of control like you'd think. It's still heavy, but it's not like a brick. His .50BMG can for instance, it's 4lbs., but some mfg.'s titanium cans literally weigh 4lbs. Their solid. He also sells the mounts or direct thread models indexed TDC to your rifle. If it's going on a mount, he can do it, if it's direct thread (like mine) he'll send a thread on collar that you mark TDC with and he'll make it happen. That gives you repeatable and consistent vertical POI shift. I also had a brake made (he makes the McMillan brakes and mine is the same) that indexes without the use of shims, so the can and brake can be changed in the field easier. Does excellent custom work. Any color Cerakote like TBAC. Costs significantly less due to use of 316 vs. Ti.

If I needed a quality suppressor and I couldn't afford the TBAC, I'd definitely be going with Elite Iron then. They were also my top choice for .50BMG and they still costs half as much as the competition. Excellent workmanship, CS (if you need it) nothing but good to say. This isn't a budget choice either, these are very nice cans and happen to cost less to make than a Ti can.

Those other two you mention, never heard of 'em. The above two will be around, ain't going anywhere. Both have contracts to fill and service.

I'm going to keep an eye on the PX for half or full-off certs on TBAC cans like someone else mentioned. I'd really love to get an Ultra 5 or Ultra 7.

I'll be looking into Elite Iron as well. Thank you for the suggestion.

What's the measurements on the 6.5CFP and what did you pay for those two models if you don't mind me asking?

6.5CFP (2 Baffle)- 6.5"x1.5"
3G- 6.5"x1.625"

They're Both around $600 at Gene Sears in El Reno, Oklahoma If I recall correctly. In the Pic below the 6.5CFP is on the left, 3G is on the right. One thing I have done to my Silencer Tech Cans is have my gunsmith blast the high temp paint that comes on them and cerakote them. The high temp paint will come off over time.
20190217_102820.jpg

I can attest to buy once cry once. My first can was an AAC Cyclone. It's accurate and significantly quieter than a SilencerTech, and was about $600. But it's a 22 oz direct thread can. It gets tossed on oddball stuff like my Nagant revolver or random projects now and then, but I don't use it on my comp guns. I much prefer the thread over brake style and my Ultra 7 doesn't screw up the balance of a rifle the way a steel can does. I know it's going to hurt some feelings but in all honesty when someone asks what can to buy I usually just say anything but a SilencerTech (sorry Okies) because they are just so goddamn loud.

If you want something good that doesn't cost a bunch look at the YHM Turbo. I saw a guy with one at the range and I couldn't believe how good it was. Then I looked it up when I got home and was more surprised at the price point.

I paid 650$ for my silencer tech single baffle. I went with silencer tech because I never heard a bad word about one from anyone using one. They are also known to have the best recoil reduction. Barry is a great guy, very easy to work with.

Last edited:
The silencer tech single baffle and double baffle 6.5 cfp. 12oz, and 15oz, .50 cal round for size comparison.

Attachments

• 98806B85-CE5E-4187-859A-DFF13A8B1F7E.jpeg
    98806B85-CE5E-4187-859A-DFF13A8B1F7E.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 46
I've got several SiCO cans, an omega and a hybrid. I would recommend either or both. The Omega is still one fo teh lightest and quietest cans for it's size on the market. I routinely use it on everything I own from 300WM down to 223. The Hybrid is a longer scaled up Omega as far as I can tell. It too is a very good can and function with every bit of the accuracy and repeatablity of the Omega. The Hybrid gives you lots of mounting options and the added benefit of being 338 Lapua rated. I use mine on a 460sw carbine, 338RUM and all my precision rifles. They're both great cans and can be had for just about what you're looking to spend. I caught my Hybrid on gunbroker for 600 and the Omega from Silencershop for like 700

Will tbac be around in 5 years? SilencerCo should be rock solid but aren't so... you'd probably be able to get a guy to go in his shop and make a part for you before you'd get someone like tbac to help you if one were to go out.