• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Covid and my workplace

A few months ago I listened to a person responsible for their company's quarantine and testing policy explain that they, so far, had not had any rona on their rigs. Vigilance is important.

I'm not oil patch, but my company this week changed their policy for employees that get covid, favoring the vaccinated and costing those not.

As long as the vector is there, people can still get the disease.

Reactions: madppcs
id be thinking that's better than a mass small pox outbreak at your work site . yet not nearly as much fun as a mass bosses throwing themselves off the roof day at work

I'm rooting for biden , and the full democratic party followed shortly by the rips .

Reactions: mtrmn
I'm not a doctor, a biological researcher, a genetic engineer, or an uber educated man. I can tell you this.

The "vaccine" has no long term data, does not prevent you from contracting or passing on the virus, and does not guarantee you won't die. I can also tell you it was developed by BUSINESSES whose business model is to make a profit for themselves and their shareholders.....just like any other business. Unlike other businesses that produce something people buy, they are IMMUNE from lawsuits related to this product. This product is being distributed and pushed by another BUSINESS (government) that gives less of a shit about me than the one who developed it.

So the only ones who truly benefit from this scamdemic, and the subsequent "cure" are those who are making the money. They had, and will continue to have, a global customer who is convinced they need their products and as many "software updates" the manufacturer tells them are required to take. They could bottle dish soap, send it off to stabbers, and watch idiots allow them to shove it into their bodies......and be happy, if nothing proud, to let them do it.

So I ask you godofblunder, do I need to be a PHD or a medical expert, or paste in reams of medical data, to prove to you this vaccine is a steming pile of horseshit?
My work involves genome editing, so I have some knowledge of mRNA technology. It turns out these mRNA vaccines do in fact work. Reading what some here believe about all this tells me there's an imperfect understanding of the basic science, let alone recent advances made over the last decade. For those interested, google Central Dogma of Microbiology and start your journey. The dive will be as deep as you'd like to go.

My work involves genome editing, so I have some knowledge of mRNA technology. It turns out these mRNA vaccines do in fact work. Reading what some here believe about all this tells me there's an imperfect understanding of the basic science, let alone recent advances made over the last decade. For those interested, google Central Dogma of Microbiology and start your journey. The dive will be as deep as you'd like to go.

First it's "Central Dogma of Molecular Biology" and second....prion mediated inheritance. You're welcome.

When I dig into Central Dogma of Microbiology I find more information than I could read in a lifetime. In looking at the credits for all of this research, I find the majority of it was paid for by Big Pharma or the US Government. I trust neither one.

How well do they work on people that have already had the illness?

I can't stand the federal government as much as the next guy, and I know full well that these businesses stand to make a large profit from all this. I also can't stand big pharma and the health insurance industry (or any insurance industry for that matter).

That doesn't take away from the fact that it is indeed a vaccine and does work, albeit less effectively than some other vaccines. It's never been stated to be a "cure" and if it has whoever said it was an idiot.

There is real data out there showing this vaccine works, and is in fact not a "steaming pile of horseshit". If people stop politicizing literally fucking everything we wouldn't be in near the fucking circus we find ourselves in right now.

Can you point me in the direction of these vaccines' FDA approval documents, including studies of long term side effects?

I work offshore and my rig has a policy that we come down a couple days early for covid testing. Once we get our negative results we are cleared for crew change. Once this vaccination (Its not a vaccination by the way) came out, my company like many companies started encouraging for us to get the shot. Only a few people on my rig got the shot, so my company changed its policy. If you get the shot, you dont have to come down to New Orleans early to get tested because those who have the shot dont need to be tested anymore.
Well 1 hitch goes by and here we go. Outbreak on my rig... 11 test positive after someone feels symptoms and reports to the medic. Im at home during this outbreak, and dont know anything about it yet. I get my travel arrangements to go to New Orleans for testing and then Houma to a hotel to await results for the next days crew change. Its not till that afternoon before crew change (By the way check in at the heliport is 5am) we get an email from our radio operator saying we have a Hot Rig. We dont get an option to refuse travel due to possible infection or any of our health concerns for that matter.
We get on the rig and find out that 5 of the 11 were in MY DEPT. And that all were Medivac'd just prior to our arrival. 1 of them was my relief (who is not on the rig cause he was medivac'd and we share a room.) As Im unpacking in my room, my coworker knocks on my door and asks me to come check this shit out. He opens his door and theres a stack of Styrofoam plates, used water bottles, the bedding on beds hadnt even been changed. His room hadnt been cleaned/disinfected since the others in our Dept were quarantined in that room. I tell him to immediately get his shit out of there and dont go in until its disinfected.
Well, after unpacking I get dressed and head into my shop. Theres an Electrician still there from the previous crew. He still has a week left, so we get him to explain to us whats going on. By the end of that day, he tells us he feels kinda bad. We tell him to get his ass to the medic. Well Friday evening rolls around (We got on the rig on a Thursday morning) hes now complaining of severe dry throat, headaches, shivering, and really feeling bad. We tell him to get his ass back to the medic to test. He informs us that he did but tested negative. So he goes test again and now positive. Hes now quarantined. So the rig waits another day, our shop wasnt disinfected until Saturday morning at 1am. The rig tests again and the Electrician I arrived with whos room wasnt cleaned now tests positive.
So far, out of everyone that was positive the only spaces cleaned and/or disinfected was the individual rooms where positive cases were quarantined, and my shop. No other common spaces on this giant rig were cleaned. Not even the galley...

Everyone that has tested negative before arrival, but got sick ON the rig has been sent home and only paid 8hrs per day straight time. And when your hitch is over, not paid at all. We all get paid 13.5 hrs per day for 21 days out here. So in short, we are getting financially punished for catching a virus that my rig has broken its own policy, intentionally disregarded our own safety and put profit over safety. And if you get sick out here because of it, then youll be punished.
Several major energy companies are mandating the COVID-19 vaccine, a move that impacts thousands of Louisiana onshore and offshore oil and gas workers.

A negative COVID-19 test was already a requirement for most facilities over the past year and individuals who tested positive were required to quarantine.

"As far as COVID requirements everybody is a little bit different," said Angela Verdin, president of Chalmette-based Complete Logistical Services, a staffing business for the oil and gas industry,. "From an offshore or maritime perspective, a lot of these guys are basically in a tin can together, they all sleep and eat together."

Workers in oil refineries across Texas and Louisiana owned by San Antonio-based Valero Corporation are required to get the vaccine for work.

Energy giant Chevron is now mandating vaccines for workers traveling internationally, employees on U.S.-flagged ships and those working offshore in Gulf of Mexico. The employees must get vaccinated by November 1. Chevron has an interest in roughly a dozen offshore oil and gas platforms in the Gulf.

Likewise, Hess Corporation, with exploration headquarters in Houston, is also requiring workers to get the vaccine by the same deadline.

Hess has seven active offshore oil and gas platforms in the Gulf. The company said the decision was prompted by the highly contagious delta variant which has swept across the country.

It's common for offshore oil platforms to have more than one owner, so some platforms jointly owned could require vaccinations for all workers and contractors.

Oil and gas companies have struggled with COVID outbreaks. About a year ago, there were nearly 400 individuals infected with the virus working in the offshore off the coasts of Louisiana and Texas, according to the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, the federal agency that regulates the industry.

ExxonMobil, Equinor, Occidental Petroleum and Royal Dutch Shell among others have not announced any vaccine mandate.

Shell, the most prolific operator in the Gulf, already requires employees and contractors to undergo a medical screening for symptoms of COVID alongside a negative test within 48 hours of departure, but no vaccine mandates.

Houston-based EnVen Energy Corporation has 10 offshore oil and gas platforms in the Gulf of Mexico but has decided not to require vaccines right now. The company has offered cash bonuses to workers who get vaccinated.

Joel Plauche, vice president for health, safety and environment at EnVen, said the possibility of a vaccine requirement is not "off the table".

My employer is not making us take the jab yet, but they’re offering $1,000 bucks if you go get your jab by a certain date. That’s right, hourly employees like myself don’t get Christmas bonuses, but they’ll give us a grand to go get a jab.

Also, if we came down with rona, or were exposed, we’d get two weeks paid time off. Now that only applies to vaxxed employees… Unvaxxed are screwed for two weeks.

Appears my days here are numbered… But I ain’t wearing a mask or getting a jab, no matter what.

My employer is not making us take the jab yet, but they’re offering $1,000 bucks if you go get your jab by a certain date. That’s right, hourly employees like myself don’t get Christmas bonuses, but they’ll give us a grand to go get a jab.

Also, if we came down with rona, or were exposed, we’d get two weeks paid time off. Now that only applies to vaxxed employees… Unvaxxed are screwed for two weeks.

Appears my days here are numbered… But I ain’t wearing a mask or getting a jab, no matter what.
Thata boy! Tell em to fuck right off!

Reactions: armorpl8chikn