• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Covid relief check scope best choices ($1400 limit).

addertooth

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2020
South East Arizona
You know that someone had to start this thread.

Parameters:

Rifle scope for long range.
$1400 or less in cost (not including shipping and taxes).
Actually available, no sold-out/waiting list/unobtanium scopes
Preferably First Focal Plane.
Variable Magnification.
Nice Glass.
Zero Stop.
NOT some start-up company, which won't be around should you have a warranty claim in a few years.
Large objective lens.
Minimum 30mm tube, 34mm preferred.

Avoid the whole "but, for a few hundred more, you could get the spazmaster 5000 scope!".

Seems like a lot of folks like the Athlon Cronus for just under 1400 iirc. Saves you enough for a nice mount.

Seems like a lot of folks like the Athlon Cronus for just under 1400 iirc. Saves you enough for a nice mount.
Yep, I already have two of the Cronus less expensive brethren in use. One on a big-bore air rifle, and the other currently on another rifle. Other than a tiny eye-box, they are pretty solid.

I don't know, it may be difficult to find variable magnification and a warranty for that price...

Maybe SWFA gas some fixed power scopes for your budget.

I don't know, it may be difficult to find variable magnification and a warranty for that price...

Maybe SWFA gas some fixed power scopes for your budget.
You do realize he said $1400 not $400 right?

Reactions: C Renz
Athlon cronus btr px $1000 or cronus gen 2 from vendor on here. Bushnell xrs 2 on midway or gap. Best deals and scopes in thst range in my opinion. I bought a xrs2 with the h59 great scope not a huge fan of the reticle might be selling it for that reason.

create a short list of scopes around 2k+ you want. than hit up gunbroker and buy whichever one from your list you can find for $1400. Ive gotten some phenomenal deals off people who want sell their safe queen scopes at major discounts. I know thats not what you asked. but its a method to get alot more for your money.
and just to double down on something you said you didnt want. I remembered seeing this was on stupid crazy sale.

Last edited:
create a short list of scopes around 2k+ you want. than hit up gunbroker and buy whichever one from your list you can find for $1400. Ive gotten some phenomenal deals off people who want sell their safe queen scopes at major discounts. I know thats not what you asked. but its a method to get alot more for your money.
Great advice. If you sacrifice things you probably don’t need, but want, such as illumination and possibly reticle, you can save hundreds. For instance, T3 illumination is a fraction of the reticle actually illuminated and frankly if you never “need” it, and if you don’t need T3 for all it’s complexity, you can save several hundred more. If you’re dialing, I’ve made all the shots I’ve made w/ fancy wind hold reticles with P4L style crosshairs. I used Nikon Black FX for a long time. Mirage and other challenges were worth the upgrade for me but in your stated position you’d likely be doing well.

Parameters:

Variable Magnification.
Nice Glass.
Zero Stop.
NOT some start-up company, which won't be around should you have a warranty claim in a few years.
Large objective lens.

Avoid the whole "but, for a few hundred more, you could get the spazmaster 5000 scope!".
Mil or LE?

If so, Leupold Mk5 3-18 or 5-25 with TMR.

Reactions: The22Man
If I made low enough money to qualify for these checks, I would use them to get an education or work towards a better job, not piss away on toys.

Then again, its why the rich get richer and the poor stay poor.

This isn't a political part of the site the comments have nothing to do with a rifle scope and what he is saying if you don't want to add info on rifle scopes you don't have to but to bring up such negative and low parts and brag about that you're rich isn't necessary in this form it is what it is and that's what he wants to do with his money he can if you agree or don't agree with the money that is coming from the government it doesn't matter it's coming what people do with it they're going to do with it maybe we should focus on what this site is shooting and the sport and helping others who are asking questions instead of low-balling them

This isn't a political part of the site the comments have nothing to do with a rifle scope and what he is saying if you don't want to add info on rifle scopes you don't have to but to bring up such negative and low parts and brag about that you're rich isn't necessary in this form it is what it is and that's what he wants to do with his money he can if you agree or don't agree with the money that is coming from the government it doesn't matter it's coming what people do with it they're going to do with it maybe we should focus on what this site is shooting and the sport and helping others who are asking questions instead of low-balling them
The OP could simply have asked folks what scope would be best in the $1,400 range if you follow me. It was about politics from the first post. But peace out, it's not worth arguing about this any further. The OP didn't steal the money, my ire is reserved for the pols that used it to buy votes in the future.

The OP could simply have asked folks what scope would be best in the $1,400 range if you follow me. It was about politics from the first post. But peace out, it's not worth arguing about this any further. The OP didn't steal the money, my ire is reserved for the pols that used it to buy votes in the future.
Im not arguing and have no beef at all. Just saying not place but i see what you mean with his title also see that we are a community and should stick together and not bash or get side track. And yes the promise money was to buy votes :) but nothing we can do now unfortunately. But that could go further in details in the bearpit.

Far from rich, but not getting a check. Never have. Guess that makes me blessed to have had steady income throughout this and to get up to go into work every day.

Vortex HD if you don’t need it for bills, etc.

Reactions: Alienta and Schw15
I would get the Bushnell XRS at midway or a used Burris XTR3 or Vortex gen 2 razor. Hard to beat that Bushnell XRS for 1100 at midway. If it parallaxed down to 25 yards I would get it for my rimfire build.

They only made 1399 units and it is all over the world wide web.

A nib XTR3 just sold in the px for $1400, they are out there..

New maker on the block.
They are making the "Welfare Series"
You can get a Doodah AXME 3-25xFiddyfive for 11 hunnit out da doh. Comes with a free carton of Newports.

Can I get rings instead of Newport's? I need rings too

New maker on the block.
They are making the "Welfare Series"
You can get a Doodah AXME 3-25xFiddyfive for 11 hunnit out da doh. Comes with a free carton of Newports.
Dammit man, your just a regular ole Dr. Seuss aren't ya. Sam I am, no deal unless you throw in green eggs and ham.. 😆

Parameters:

Variable Magnification.
Nice Glass.
Zero Stop.
Large objective lens.

Tract Toric. Any of them that suits your magnification. You won't find anything better at that price unless it is on sale. And they have a great LE/Military discount.

and just to double down on something you said you didnt want. I remembered seeing this was on stupid crazy sale.
Uh...NateSavannah....you do realize that $1799 is bigger than $1400.....Right??? :) :) :)

• Sad
Reactions: NateSavannah

Parameters:

Variable Magnification.
Nice Glass.
Zero Stop.
Large objective lens.

Well, you did start it. Whatever you buy.....enjoy....it's own me. More Government Plantation free $hit hand outs. You do realize Uncle Joe and KamelHo and Pigloosi and Slummer have no money they don't steal....er, tax...from Productive Citizens, don't you. Someone has to pay all those $1400 scope bills, and I'm gettin' da_n tired of it. Those politicians see Productive Citizens money as their to skim, scam, squander, and with which to buy votes. Thanking you in advance for your vote for them. Just pulling your leg......NOT!!!!

Last edited:
Riton X-5 Conquer 5-25x50 MOA or MRAD $999. Enough left over for rings and a box of ammo! If Mil or LEO there is a discount.

@NoLegs24 is doing a rent to own on his gen 3 thetas since his little eyes aren’t sophisticated enough for the reticle. Only 1400 down. Good credit, bad credit, no credit.

Well, you did start it. Whatever you buy.....enjoy....it's own me. More Government Plantation free $hit hand outs. You do realize Uncle Joe and KamelHo and Pigloosi and Slummer have no money they don't steal....er, tax...from Productive Citizens, don't you. Someone has to pay all those $1400 scope bills, and I'm gettin' da_n tired of it. Those politicians see Productive Citizens money as their to skim, scam, squander, and with which to buy votes. Thanking you in advance for your vote for them. Just pulling your leg......NOT!!!!
I understand your angst. If I were a single man, I would not qualify for a dime. But, I am married and my wife works part time, for near minimum wage.. so our combined married income put us under the amount to get it for filing jointly. Trust me, I know I will be taxed to pay for mine, and many others. I pay in about 14k in federal taxes each year, and I mean federal taxes, that amount does not include all of the various other things, like social security and Medicare. With the exception of this year, I have owed at least an additional 1000 every year for the past decade. So, when I say "I feel your pain", it is NOT a figure of speech.

For people who are of a similar mind, please look at the entirety of these congressional bills. The ten-times bigger chunk is for things beyond cutting a check for Americans. We won't be paying back $1400 plus interest, we will be paying back $14,000 plus interest via taxes. This last number is just for the current bill, and does not include the previous bills, which were loaded with pork as well.

So no, because I will be bearing this huge tax debt too, I will have zero shame for actually getting something out of the deal, even if it only ten percent of the debt, which will likely be my share. Now if you want to get real, lets talk about the non-tax paying illegal aliens and residents of prisons who will be receiving these checks, or perhaps the people who are currently fully supported by the Government.

I understand your angst. If I were a single man, I would not qualify for a dime. But, I am married and my wife works part time, for near minimum wage.. so our combined married income put us under the amount to get it for filing jointly. Trust me, I know I will be taxed to pay for mine, and many others. I pay in about 14k in federal taxes each year, and I mean federal taxes, that amount does not include all of the various other things, like social security and Medicare. With the exception of this year, I have owed at least an additional 1000 every year for the past decade. So, when I say "I feel your pain", it is NOT a figure of speech.

For people who are of a similar mind, please look at the entirety of these congressional bills. The ten-times bigger chunk is for things beyond cutting a check for Americans. We won't be paying back $1400 plus interest, we will be paying back $14,000 plus interest via taxes. This last number is just for the current bill, and does not include the previous bills, which were loaded with pork as well.

So no, because I will be bearing this huge tax debt too, I will have zero shame for actually getting something out of the deal, even if it only ten percent of the debt, which will likely be my share. Now if you want to get real, lets talk about the non-tax paying illegal aliens and residents of prisons who will be receiving these checks, or perhaps the people who are currently fully supported by the Government.
Thank you for clarifying the situation. The Government made the rules and and if you follow there is nothing wrong with that. Im sure no one will send the money back who say bad things or assume peoples situations or think the people who receive the money are terrible. The whole point of this is to spend the money to circulate it in the economy.............. That is what they say so no worries. We have a small business me and my dad we paid $20,000 in taxes but still should get the $1400. Because how things brake down ect

Parameters:

Variable Magnification.
Nice Glass.
Zero Stop.
Large objective lens.

The lower end Nightforce. That's where I am right now, like it ok. Wanting to move up to some good European glass but so pricey.

Quigley Ford hands down!