• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Coyote junkie's

Furtaker_.223

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Columbia IL
www.snipershide.com
Let see some of your coyote kills and mounts.
Here is a few to start this thing off. Hopefully as the season goes, so will this thread.

coyotehunt2010017.jpg

coyotehunt2010022.jpg

coyotehunt2010023.jpg

1293115728.jpg

1293115697.jpg

1293115641.jpg

Re: Coyote junkie's

i LOVE coyote hunting but i havent had much luck this year so far. I wish it would snow and get really cold, thats when i have better luck. Good luck!!!

That is a nice head mount. If I ever get up to Canada and kill one of their monster dogs I would like to have mounted like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, you got em stacked up in the back of the truck like cord wood!! </div></div>
this is how you stack em.

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

Wholly shit skinney is that 1 night worths. Do you guys have a bounty on them. I just bought a fox pro and got my rifle back from SAC that he built for me to coyote with. What are you guys using to call these in and are you hunting days and nights.

It looks like 2 of those in the bed are not missing any meals. The 1 on the far right looks huge. Do you know what its weight is.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Let see some of your coyote kills and mounts.
Here is a few to start this thing off. Hopefully as the season goes, so will this thread.

coyotehunt2010017.jpg

coyotehunt2010022.jpg

coyotehunt2010023.jpg

1293115728.jpg

1293115697.jpg

1293115641.jpg
</div></div>

Skinney, you sure can stack them high out west.
Good job to everyone. I hope this thread does continue.
I would love to go callin' down here in S.C. but its not the
same as in Indiana. Happy Holidays everyone!

Hoping I can add some pictures to this thread. But not looking good so far. I have been 3 times in the last few weeks and not even got a whimper. I am new to coyote hunting and trying to use a mouth call, may have some to do with the fact I can't call that well. But almost think the farm I'm hunting is vacant of coyotes. We haven't even seen any in about 6 mo. Usually when goin to check cows and stuff we see some. But they could have relocated. So I guess I'm gonna have to find a new hunting area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Precision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is probably a redundant question, but what is the best round for a yap dog? Looking at getting into coyote hunting and don't know much about it. </div></div>

I use a .223, some use 243, 22-250, 22mag, 17hmr, or what ever you have to use. Hell, even a 12g with 00 to 000 buckshot for those close shots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, you got em stacked up in the back of the truck like cord wood!! </div></div>
this is how you stack em.

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00073.jpg
</div></div>
I see a few coons in this pile. But still a hell of a pile. Can I go hunt with you?

Hopefully I will have some more pics Christmas day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Precision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is probably a redundant question, but what is the best round for a yap dog? Looking at getting into coyote hunting and don't know much about it. </div></div>

I use a .223, some use 243, 22-250, 22mag, 17hmr, or what ever you have to use. Hell, even a 12g with 00 to 000 buckshot for those close shots. </div></div>

What he said. Any gun will do if you will!

Here's an Arizona shotgun double...........Dead Coyote load does it again!!

DSC_0820.jpg

Here's another one taken with a 6x47 Lapua at Soldier Meadows Ranch in northern Nevada.

100_0608.jpg

This is my 1st one! Once was all it took, I can't wait to get back out there! Pops was running the electronic call box I built him, took less then 5 minutes of calling after setup. Took him with my .308 Savage, because that's what I had with me that trip! Needless to say it worked well!

1styote2.jpg

1styote1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is my 1st one! Once was all it took, I can't wait to get back out there! Pops was running the electronic call box I built him, took less then 5 minutes of calling after setup. Took him with my .308 Savage, because that's what I had with me that trip! Needless to say it worked well!

1styote2.jpg

1styote1.jpg

Congrats on your first yote. And yes the 308 is a good varmint round. But if you are keeping the fur,it can screw the hide up a bit.

</div></div>

Some nice hauls from the western states.If I get 5 in one weekend,I'm happier than a pig in poop.Thats hunting day and night.I've been trying to record some video through my Thermal scope,but it hasn't worked out.I get caught up in the moment and forget to hit the record button.I use a .223 AR flattop with detachable day and thermal scopes.Gen 2 NV monocular for glassing.Johnny stewart digi caller,mojo rabbit + hand and mouth squeakers.Hopefully with this snow coming,I'll be able to see some more action in the next couple of days and get some video or pics.

All the ones that I have turned inside out havent had the best of plets on them. The ones of the east side of the mountains have better ones than the ones running through our back woods and cow fields.

DSC01995.jpg

60 grain vmax in front of 24 grains of imr 4064 and a small rifle magnum primer. through front of rib cage and blew out the belly

congrats on your first! Im addicted too... but i cant even buy a coyote now! lol but im giving it my all. Keep huntin!!!

This is a rather large Central Washington Yote I took with a .375 Remington Ultra Magnum and a 260gr Nosler Accubond.

DSC01072.jpg

<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt">The off side. Look mom, no heart!</span></span>

DSC01068.jpg