• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors CQC shotgun Win 1400 ??

kstraughen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2009
Florida, USA
What do you think about a Win 1400 auto loading 12 ga 18 full choke. do you think it is a reliable rugged gun ?

thanks

Re: CQC shotgun Win 1400 ??

I got a 1400 in a trade a while back. I was less than impressed with it. Nothing specific just didn't like it. Might look for a good used Rem 1100/1187. been around a long time and there is a ton more aftermarket stuff for them, so you can deck them out to suit your needs. My 1400 went away as soon as possible. YMMV

If I was going with a auto-loader for CQC get something tried and true. I've heard problems with the 1400 something about a plastic part that know to break. I've had a few 1300 pumps that work very well but then again it was a pump.

I have had a Winchester model 1400 20 gauge for about 12 years . It has been a great little upland bird gun as mine has a 2 3/4 inch chamber . The problem is that your capacity is and always will be 3 rounds . 1 in the chamber 2 in the tube . The springs that are part of the guns autoloading function reside just forward of the shell tube so there is no way to extend capacity .

I bought mine for 100 bucks and the finish has outlasted several Brownings . It has gone bang reliably and dropped well over a 1000 birds in its lifetime which if you knew how bad a wingshooter I was you would know just how much ammo this thing has eaten over the years . I think I try and remember to clean and oil it once a year so its pretty high maintenance as well
wink.gif

I keep a Benelli M4 and aan 870 in the front of the safe. I play the game with the M4 and grab the 870 when something goes bump in the night.