• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"CR-MOD 1" A Weapon Review 300 blackout suppressed.

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    O'Neill Ops introducing LongRifles, Inc. along with the all new discreet weapon platform designed for CQ covert killing, the CR-MOD 1.
    Chambered in 300 blackout, we take a detailed look at the builder, the build components, and the rifles capabilities.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xMYM6DLyKd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've watched it a couple of times now, well done. I'm surprised you got Chad to sit still long enough to do an interview! Keep'em coming guys, your vids are top shelf.

t

Very cool videos and reviews, only problem you guys don't put out enough of them!

Those consecutive hits at 400 with a subsonic round is pretty impressive to say the least. the video of the dog isn't doing the fancy new bullets much justice.

Last edited:
    Those consecutive hits at 400 with a subsonic round is pretty impressive to say the least. the video of the dog isn't doing the fancy new bullets much justice.

Just for clarity:

That kill shot on the coyote WAS NOT made with Cutting Edge Bullets. That video was filmed shortly after the rifle was built as the 2013 season was drawing to a close. It's the only animal harvested thus far with that rifle.

The projectile used was a 220 grain Sierra Match King. -correction. 220 grain Scenar. What you see in that video is exactly why James and I discussed at length the importance of exploring other bullet options. Cutting Edge seemed (seems) like a viable alternative.

To date, no kills have been made using the CE projectiles. The looming season will tell very quickly if they will perform to standard.

-Chad

Last edited:
    It couldn't have been that round. I use a similar round in my carry 50gi 1911. It's a 185gn CNC copper hollow point at 1400fps that bends out to 4 pedals too. It's known as the flying buzzsaw. It is by far the most lethal handgun round that is carry capable. I tried to post a pic but doesn't work. It's worth a Google. Any 1911 fan with an extra 3k to spend owes it to themselves to own a 50gi. They have barrels for the glock 10mm as well but who in their right mind would carry a plastic gun unless it's reauired by their department. Lol

I am glad you searched for an alternative bullet. The 300AAC isn't exactly high on the list of ethical kill rounds for hunting animals. The more I think about it though the more I like this lightweight setup. What does the full rig weigh in at?

Just for clarity:

That kill shot on the coyote WAS NOT made with Cutting Edge Bullets. That video was filmed shortly after the rifle was built as the 2013 season was drawing to a close. It's the only animal harvested thus far with that rifle.

The projectile used was a 220 grain Sierra Match King. What you see in that video is exactly why James and I discussed at length the importance of exploring other bullet options. Cutting Edge seemed (seems) like a viable alternative.

To date, no kills have been made using the CE projectiles. The looming season will tell very quickly if they will perform to standard.

-Chad

I disagree. Its very ethical when used within the scope of the application. Hunting with a bow puts your kill box at about 30 yards. The 300 AAC is about 150 with subsonic loads on an animal the size of a coyote.

The critter did do the Russian ballet for a few seconds. He would have danced a whole lot more if hed been kabobbed with an arrow.

The respitory system of that coyote was ejaculated out of the exit wound. He was dead.on his feet-just waiting for the lights to go out.

its nice to think of quick kills as the only answer. Reality is it often isnt. The will to live varies from one animal to the next...

I must of missed it. What brand and twist did you go with on the barrel?

its nice to think of quick kills as the only answer. Reality is it often isnt. The will to live varies from one animal to the next...

That's no shit, I can't recall how many i've popped with 22-243 running at or over 4000fps. Not all of them were bang flops, I can guarantee that.

On a second note: Mike, are we really discussing the ethics of shooting a f-ing coyote? Keep that in mind the next time you see a couple of those little bastards dragging a calf out of a cow while she's trying to birth....

t

That's no shit, I can't recall how many i've popped with 22-243 running at or over 4000fps. Not all of them were bang flops, I can guarantee that.

On a second note: Mike, are we really discussing the ethics of shooting a f-ing coyote? Keep that in mind the next time you see a couple of those little bastards dragging a calf out of a cow while she's trying to birth....

t

Sorry to derail here but every animal deserves an ethical/quick death when possible.... You can't blame a yote for doing what nature designed it to which is be a predator. I like many types of hunting but I never want to see an animal suffer.

Easy chief, save the preachin' for Sunday. I at no time said anything about making anything suffer. Quite frankly, I can blame them for killing cattle when i'm watching them do it. If we need to discuss this more, PM from here on out as to not derail a good thread.

t

Easy chief, save the preachin' for Sunday. I at no time said anything about making anything suffer. Quite frankly, I can blame them for killing cattle when i'm watching them do it. If we need to discuss this more, PM from here on out as to not derail a good thread.

t

Has nothing to do with religion as I am not religous... It's a simple matter of being a decent person, but you right lets not argue here.

Did anyone catch the barrel twist? Also, LRI did you guys do any group testing past 100yds?

I never said anything about it NOT being an ethical hunting round, I just pointed out that it's not normally discussed in a hunting role. . Normally when 300AAC is discussed, it's regarding CQB out of a short barreled AR. I apologize as well for derailing the thread. This is a bad ass weapon that serves a specific purpose and does so to perfection.

Favorite part about this is that when I went to Chad to barrel my 40XB RF he sent me to Greg who in turn got me a MullerWorks barrel for that project. Cool to see another rifle with a similar unusual pedigree.

ROT is 1:8

Muller 30.

accuracy? I shot a dozen or so rounds through it at James house this spring. 100 yards with a 6x optic gave me a solid 1/2 moa on steel. It was basically a 50 cal splat.

id been after James to throw some high X glass on it and bench the thing to wring it out good. Never happened as time just didnt allow for it. Suffice to say it shoots extremely well. Minute of coyote skull for sure.

This is only part one gents. The encore is in process and solves ALL the defalcations associated with the 300 AAC.

IvAn is coming....

Last edited:
    Chad I am looking forward to part 2. 300aC is by far my favorite long gun round... Granted I need to drive 3 hours for a shot greater than 100y.

In the first video it was mentioned that the barrel was re contoured for the nv rail. Can the manners TF4A and badger rail be made to work with the m24 or m40 contour?

Also, if you gents ever get a chance to shoot some 208gr Amaxs subsonic i'm sure more than a few people would love to see how well they expand if at all.

In the first video it was mentioned that the barrel was re contoured for the nv rail. Can the manners TF4A and badger rail be made to work with the m24 or m40 contour?

It depends on your finished length... since we took this down to 16.25" it was really heavy at the muzzle, obviously to big to fit the through the EFR.

I don't run an EFR, but I dont follow how the finished length would affect whether a larger contour would fit in the "bridged hole" or not as that diameter should remain the same at that distance from the breech-to-EFR regardless if you are running a 26" or 16" finished bbl? Unless I'm mistaken?Should be a go or no go, would it not?
    However, I do see how Flipping its orientation "backwards" to not conflict with the can obviously would be affected by finished barrel length.

I was just looking at bartlien's website and it appeared that the diameter would be the same because the efr is a set distance from the chamber. The finished length whether 16 or 26 is all past the efr.

I don't run an EFR, but I dont follow how the finished length would affect whether a larger contour would fit in the "bridged hole" or not as that diameter should remain the same at that distance from the breech-to-EFR regardless if you are running a 26" or 16" finished bbl? Unless I'm mistaken?Should be a go or no go, would it not?
    Yes you are correct, I was referencing just the muzzle diameter for some reason.

Great video, and fun-looking rig. It would be ideal in heavy Eastern woods.

they dont expand . i have shot a bunch but never for hunting . I use out law state 220 grain fracturing bullets for that . I am interested in which cutting edge bullet they are using . I live in an area that I have to have sattelite internet and my band with is limited so I didnt watch the video .

very nice rifle . I enjoy my 300 black bolt gun and I love the challenge of hunting suppressed . I hope you have a sucessful season.

Just for clarity:

The projectile used was a 220 grain Sierra Match King. -correction. 220 grain Scenar. What you see in that video is exactly why James and I discussed at length the importance of exploring other bullet options. Cutting Edge seemed (seems) like a viable alternative.

-Chad

Chad and Skinney,
    Can't tell you how excited I am to see that ya'll are working with CEB on custom projos. I drank their brand of kool-aid on super-sonics a couple of yrs ago. They are flat out the nastiest boolits I've ever used. They're willing to work on all kinds of projects for their customers.
    Dangerous game, bingo. Need to send nasty grams with a 45/70? No problemo. Super duper long range? Send it! Not to mention their new handgun bullets...wowza!! Now they are catering to the sub-sonic crowd as well!! Fanfreakintastic!

Lest I forget....that 300blackout bolt gun is a thing of beauty, just wisht I needed one!

Congrats on a great product and well produced video, much luck to ya Brothers!

P.S.
    Chad, my wife loves her fluted bolt, thx again.

Super duper long range? Send it! Not to mention their new handgun bullets...wowza!! Now they are catering to the sub-sonic crowd as well!! Fanfreakintastic!

Lest I forget....that 300blackout bolt gun is a thing of beauty, just wisht I needed one!

Congrats on a great product and well produced video, much luck to ya Brothers!

P.S.
    Chad, my wife loves her fluted bolt, thx again.

Thanks brother!
    I just gassed up three of their 277 MTAC's for my Norma and shot a .25" group @ 100m, velocity was a tad over 2700, I'm hoping for great results when I stretch them to 1200, if they perform better than the 300 OTM's, she's going beyond 2K.
    We are also very excited to see how the new 195 grain low velocity expansions are gonna work this fall on the pelts.