• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Craddock RTR

FYI, the gas port on my ordered RTR 18" RLGS, is .091.
Supplied / purchased headspaced bolt, has a .067 firing pin tip, and a bolt FP hole of .071... so smaller than a typical 308 FP setup.

One question though... and I couldn't seem to find the answer, who makes a 308 FP with a tapered front portion ?
This photo, ( from years ago ) shows the one on the left, with the tapered tip...is what I am curious about.

Ignore the circled part... the FP on the right is a standard 308 FP

Not a big deal... but, Who makes those tapered FP's ?

I see LMT uses a tapered "front" FP, but it is proprietary on the back end..

Attachments

• IMG_1041a-360221-668347.jpg
    IMG_1041a-360221-668347.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 21
FYI, the gas port on my ordered RTR 18" RLGS, is .091.
Supplied / purchased headspaced bolt, has a .067 firing pin tip, and a bolt FP hole of .071... so smaller than a typical 308 FP setup.

One question though... and I couldn't seem to find the answer, who makes a 308 FP with a tapered front portion ?
This photo, ( from years ago ) shows the one on the left, with the tapered tip...is what I am curious about.

Ignore the circled part... the FP on the right is a standard 308 FP

Not a big deal... but, Who makes those tapered FP's ?

I see LMT uses a tapered "front" FP, but it is proprietary on the back end..
FWIW... Looks like it is a ToolCraft Bolt and Firing pin