• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Crap. I think I need another suppressor

mercracing

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    Like the title says, I think I might need another suppressor. Something for pistols. 45 and smaller. Any thoughts?

Octane 45HD

I use it for 9mm and have it on a CZ Scorpion as well.

6bda6fceac377126c510da0345f455cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Octane is a great can. I really like the DEAD air Ghost 45m. Very versatile and comes apart to be used in a short configuration if desired.

I guess I should add currently the main host would be a plain Jane 1911. Although when I get paperwork started, i'll likely get more pistols.

Griffin Armament Revolution 45, Resistance 45, Dead Air Ghost, Rugged Obsidian, and if you want something that you can't open up and service SiCo Omega 45k.

My Griffin Armament Rev 9 sounds equally great in the full or K configuration. Lots of good options.

Scott

Two questions. For a pistol can, do I want to be able to take it apart? What are the advantages/disadvantages of K baffles?

For a pistole I prefer the Osprey, the octane is nice because you can disassemble it but the lower profile of the Osprey comes in handy and in my opinion it has a better signature reduction. The only draw back is if you like to run a weapon mounted light on a standard frame you are limited to short stubby ones.
    IMG_8215.JPG
    IMG_8154.JPG
    IMG_9042.JPG

I have shot mine next to an Osprey and couldn't tell a difference. Also I wanted to be able to clean it so the Osprey was out.

I shots too many reloads and needed to be able to clean the lead and gunk out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Gen-Tech Lunar. I wanted something lighter that I could take apart. A big seller for myself on it was it's rated for subsonic 300blk. I do like it and would buy another and is another option.

If I was in the market right now (when is anyone NOT in the market....) for what you are looking for my money would go in this order:

1. Dead Air Ghost-M
    2. Rugged Obsidian
    3. SilencerCo Octane

Also a fan of the Osprey's......and cans in general!

Attachments

• photo48848.jpg
      photo48848.jpg
      93.9 KB · Views: 28
    • photo48849.jpg
      photo48849.jpg
      86.6 KB · Views: 27
    Last edited:
    When i heard the ghost compared to the omega 9k and omega 45k I wasn't impressed with the tone or the suppression. In my opinion the sco cans were night and day better

The Osprey is the quietest can I have seen on the pistols. It is amazing and quite light.

what has "need" got to do with it? :) Every month I have a "want" to add a few more. More NFA stamps than forever stamps in my house

Last week, maybe two weeks ago I watched a screaming online deal for a Hybrid walk away. Super bummed I didnt jump on it. Oh well... IF I ever see that again, I'm just going to buy it and tell the wife after its al done.

If I was in the market right now (when is anyone NOT in the market....) for what you are looking for my money would go in this order:

1. Dead Air Ghost-M
    2. Rugged Obsidian
    3. SilencerCo Octane

I agree. However, I already had an Octane 45 and several pistons and fixed spacer for everything I own so I ordered the Rugged as it takes the same pistons.

Get the Rugged Obsidian ... i have all 3 (Octane, Ghost, Obsidian) - i like the Obsidian and its 3 lug adapter the most

The Osprey is the quietest can I have seen on the pistols. It is amazing and quite light.

The lever to set the offset has broken twice on mine - sure SiCo took care of it for free, but its not a great design.

I will now amend my list to say the Rugged is at the top of my list now due to the recent ATF statement about wipes. Until a solution is provided by Dead Air, the Rugged gets my vote.