• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crazy for powder

onechance

Fleet Admiral
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2003
IN
I just watched an idiot pay $900.00 for an 8# jug of Varget. Damn! I wish I would of met this guy a little sooner. I could of sold him 27#s for $2800.00.
grin.gif

Re: Crazy for powder

I thought, "That's where 2 dumb asses met". One for thinking it was worth it, and the other for paying that price.

I cannot believe people are going this nuts, amazing how fear can control so many to make crazy decisions.

People are crazy. I've been watching for Varget in stores, since I'm down to two pounds, and heading toward the shooting season. But, I'd sooner shoot something else than pay $112.50/lb!

If nothing else, this kind of panic over our current situation (in which powder hasn't even become a threatened item) should demonstrate to everyone just how scarce supplies of any kind would become in a real disaster.

Yep, lean supply chain is not good when things go wrong.
luckily i set myself up after the last panic so I can shoot matches for 2 years without needing a trip to the store. The last few orders I was debating if I should spend the money or wait. I am damn glad I did now.

I seen an auction in 09 after the stupid started where a buyer payed over $800 for an 8 pounder of Varget. Maybe it is the same guy who was getting low and bought another. His thinking, "shit it hasn't went down since I bought the last jug"!!!! LOL

The slow learners get no sympathy from me!

Wait . . . where was this auction? I may need to find some suckers, I hear they are born every minute.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: korykhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Viht powders look cheap all of a sudden and they're everywhere.</div></div>
This is the direction I am going. N160 sure looks good. . .especially with the "in stock" indicator right beside it.

I'm really glad, I bought all my stuff in preperation for a drought. Local gun show had 22lr for $70 for 500rnds. 223 was $1 a round and climbing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackhawk41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really glad, I bought all my stuff in preperation for a drought. Local gun show had 22lr for $70 for 500rnds. 223 was $1 a round and climbing. </div></div>

Holy crap. At those prices I could probably fund the purchase of an AI off of .22lr ammunition!

Seriously, this currently market situation is a bit unbelievable... all in the period of a month, too.

At this point I think I would start to look at load development with another dam powder. It sure is nice to look at the 1,000 rounds I have loaded already and components for a few more K. Where are all the boy scouts "be prepared"?