• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Creedmoor build advice

Carpdoctor

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Iowa
I am considering building a creed for a nice shooting range gun. Something that is easy and affordable to shoot. Most of my rifles are built on Rem700 actions but i don't have a spare action laying around at this time. So, I was thinking about getting a Stiller Tac30 and ordering a manners stock.

Gordy Gritters has always built my guns. Mostly setup for hunting. I am new to the tactical guns. I called him and he is 1.5 years out and not taking work. I like the idea of using a local smith and RWS is within driving distance. I don't know anything about the guy. I see his guns up for sale here and they don't seem to be a hot item.

I know everyone loves GAP, Longrifles inc PCR ect but i would prefer to use a local guy if I can. I live in central eastern IA.

I would like opinions on getting a stiller vs buying a new rem and having it trued. What about using a manners chassis vs traditional bedding?? Lastly opinions on RWS feel free to PM me. I don't want to start a pissing contest.

Thanks

Go with RWS. He is a great guy to deal with and builds very accurate rifles. I own two of them and my buddy owns two of them. They all shoot lights out. You can't go wrong with him. Highly recommended.

I am considering building a creed for a nice shooting range gun. Something that is easy and affordable to shoot. Most of my rifles are built on Rem700 actions but i don't have a spare action laying around at this time. So, I was thinking about getting a Stiller Tac30 and ordering a manners stock.

Gordy Gritters has always built my guns. Mostly setup for hunting. I am new to the tactical guns. I called him and he is 1.5 years out and not taking work. I like the idea of using a local smith and RWS is within driving distance. I don't know anything about the guy. I see his guns up for sale here and they don't seem to be a hot item.

I know everyone loves GAP, Longrifles inc PCR ect but i would prefer to use a local guy if I can. I live in central eastern IA.

I would like opinions on getting a stiller vs buying a new rem and having it trued. What about using a manners chassis vs traditional bedding?? Lastly opinions on RWS feel free to PM me. I don't want to start a pissing contest.

Thanks

PM sent.

I'd also highly recommend RWS. He's built a half dozen rifles I've been behind between a couple for me and a few friends. Every one of them has been great!

I do not own a RWS but a good shooting buddy has several and they are all laser beams. I would not hesitate having him build you a rifle.

I like Bigholes. I should be getting mine in about 7-10 days. Only a 5 month turn around on a Defiance action build and most of that is the wait on the Manners Chassis.

murutumu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongRifles Inc. is putting a 6.5creedmoor together for me right now. The build parts are; Bartlein barrel (finished at 25"), Stiller TAC30AW, Badger DBM, Jewell trigger, and McMillan A5.

LongRifles Inc. is putting a 6.5creedmoor together for me right now. The build parts are; Bartlein barrel (finished at 25"), Stiller TAC30AW, Badger DBM, Jewell trigger, and McMillan A5.

That sounds like a very very nice piece. I have a bighorn arms action and am waiting on the new KRG chassis.....doing the 6.5 too.......although I am going to research the new .26 Nosler.

You might also look at Accurate Ordnance. I know they have stiller barreled actions ready to go and like SteelSlayer said, have them throw on a trigger and order your stock of choice. Or even better let them do the whole build. 5-6 weeks was the lead time I was given so I should be picking up my 6.5 next week! They do amazing work!

Thanks

My new 6.5 CM!6.5 CM_1.JPG6.5 CM_2.JPG

Greg at Bugholes has sent a lot of 6.5 Creedmoors my way. The combo we use is Stiller, Brux, Jewell and HS stocks, all have been lazers. He has sent some with McMillan stocks that are excellent also.