• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crescent Customs "the Beiber"

Re: Crescent Customs "the Beiber"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJ Goddard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes cunthairs are a standard unit of measure. It's just something I don't work in that often.
tape2v.jpg
</div></div>

LMAO... that's the picture that I was looking for and couldn't find it with the office firewall

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob L. Swagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJ Goddard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes cunthairs are a standard unit of measure. It's just something I don't work in that often.
tape2v.jpg
</div></div>

God dang! 30 cunt hairs to an inch?? I can't believe I have been that inaccurate all these years...
</div></div>

Actually there's 35CH/in, but no use splitting hairs.

unless they are red cunt hairs. its kinda like saying that last 1000th doesn't count.

I believe cunthairs are similar to tons there are several standards. The US ton also known as the short ton, the British ton known as a long ton, and the Metric ton. So when working in cunthairs it is best not to work in different ones at the same time as it is easy to get into trouble. If you get caught working in the wrong ones it can lead to many problems. As mentioned by Bohem red head cunthairs are finer. I personally wouldn’t know as I have never had the opportunity to work in them. I did see a post in Maggie’s Drawers the showed some red heads and I have to say they did look mighty fine. But this discussion is something that probably should be found in Maggie’s Drawers. We don't want to hijack this thread on such a fine build as the Beiber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a very cool little rifle, I'm tempted to leave the paint as it stands now but knowing how ARP's work comes out, I'm sure it will look just as cool as it shoots. Any idea on overall weight with the USO on there?

Your user title is always good for a laugh...</div></div>

Weighed it last night, with scope and mag it's 10.2 pounds, a little heavier than planned, guess off to Chicago to donate to the next police gun turn in

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a very cool little rifle, I'm tempted to leave the paint as it stands now but knowing how ARP's work comes out, I'm sure it will look just as cool as it shoots. Any idea on overall weight with the USO on there?

Weighed it last night, with scope and mag it's 10.2 pounds, a little heavier than planned, guess off to Chicago to donate to the next police gun turn in </div></div>

What a fat pig... well, I'm hesitant to offer but I'll give you $150 for it. Better than what the Shitcongo Gun-grabbers will give you for it.

Maybe I can make a cool lamp out of it or something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a very cool little rifle, I'm tempted to leave the paint as it stands now but knowing how ARP's work comes out, I'm sure it will look just as cool as it shoots. Any idea on overall weight with the USO on there?

Weighed it last night, with scope and mag it's 10.2 pounds, a little heavier than planned, guess off to Chicago to donate to the next police gun turn in </div></div>

PM'd with Chicago Address for next "turn in" Never mind that I live there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VJJ,

could you show us a better picture of the front mount and sight. This is a freaking awesome rifle. </div></div>

forgot to get the actual sight but google international olympic globe and thats that

ironfront2.jpg

ironfront-1.jpg

Anyone got any subsonic load ideas or recipes for a beebs? Shot some 208's yesterday with 11.5 and 12.0 grs of trail boss and them bitches be tumbling though the air all ninja star like

VJJ you are often the reason I find myself drinking one more beer and reading one more post at 3 in the FN morning when I get off work. That is a sweet rifle. I have a question though. Are you going to use the "Hundered Yard Sight in Method" for the Beib. I'm working on my first crescent custom. The 243 that osuarchitecht has in the classifieds. I really like that rifle. Mostly I like not having to wait to have one built

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: backyardsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VJJ you are often the reason I find myself drinking one more beer and reading one more post at 3 in the FN morning when I get off work. That is a sweet rifle. I have a question though. Are you going to use the "Hundered Yard Sight in Method" for the Beib. I'm working on my first crescent custom. The 243 that osuarchitecht has in the classifieds. I really like that rifle. Mostly I like not having to wait to have one built</div></div>

actually no, i just read on here ive been doing it wrong, im gonna develop a load for the beeber at 10 yards, 20 yards, 34 yards, 48 yards, 51 yards, and then try my luck at 100 yards

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a very cool little rifle, I'm tempted to leave the paint as it stands now but knowing how ARP's work comes out, I'm sure it will look just as cool as it shoots. Any idea on overall weight with the USO on there?

What a fat pig... well, I'm hesitant to offer but I'll give you $150 for it. Better than what the Shitcongo Gun-grabbers will give you for it.

Maybe I can make a cool lamp out of it or something.</div></div>

I think I'd be hammering you a little too much on that deal, plus it's probably not even worth the amount it'll cost to ship it since its so fucking heavy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone got any subsonic load ideas or recipes for a beebs? Shot some 208's yesterday with 11.5 and 12.0 grs of trail boss and them bitches be tumbling though the air all ninja star like </div></div>

Might want to give a shot at the 180 RN's, 2.65" OAL to take up case capacity and start around 12.0gr, back down in 0.2gr increments and see how ti does. The 10tw should handle the 220RN's without a sweat, but if not then the 180's would be a known performer.

If you can't get that to work for some reason, I know that a 12tw will handle the 150 PSP's at 2.700 over 9.5gr Trailboss and they're right about 995fps. Super quiet, I load them on the progressive with the pistol powder insert in the powder thrower.

i got some 220's this weekend im gonna run, will try em out and if any problems arise i'll try out those 180's thanks brother

thats nice looking stick. I've heard rumors that cutting from a 20 inch to a 18 inch doesn't affect muzzle velocity that much (i think they started with a 24 inch barrel and cut an inch at a time and choreographed the shots).

i can't remember where i read it at but i think i came across it when researching the XM3.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike0341</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and choreographed the shots).
</div></div>

this an olympic sport? choreographed bullet dancing?

well we hope ARP shows us the pics before he send it to you. I hear he has something "special" in mind for you.

I don't know if you listed it before, but what reamer are you using for those 208's?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Any idea on overall weight with the USO on there?</div></div>

not exactly but with 8.4 before i think its just a cunthair shy of 10 lbs, i'll weigh it tonight and see </div></div>

I'm not sure a cunthair is a standard unit of measure
smile.gif
</div></div>

Yeah it is, it's an old Imperial measuring standard. One thousandth of a cunthair is a Knatscock
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know if you listed it before, but what reamer are you using for those 208's?</div></div>

To be honest I have no clue, just said I was planning on running mainly 208's and moon did her up

I know that this isn't the best picture in the world, but it will give an idea of the current status of theBieber. Keep in mind that this is a work in progress and it is only gonna get better. Final result will be equivalent to the bad mouthing VJJ done to me before he shipped this. He may have forgot about running his pie hole, but ARP never will ......

Ad spaces for sale on the rifle. Contact for details ....

BieberInProgress.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that this isn't the best picture in the world, but it will give an idea of the current status of theBieber. Keep in mind that this is a work in progress and it is only gonna get better. Final result will be equivalent to the bad mouthing VJJ done to me before he shipped this. He may have forgot about running his pie hole, but ARP never will ......

Ad spaces for sale on the rifle. Contact for details ....

BieberInProgress.jpg
</div></div>

iqhbfd.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not homophobic, some of my best rifles are gay.</div></div>

Every time he shoots it, VJJ gets a little kiss on the cheek. How perfect. Can't wait to see how sloppy Justin gets when covered in chin sweat

Oh the horror. Such a "pretty" rifle is going to be used and abused by vjj and he will like it. Please more pics is said rifle being used

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any update on the 220RN subsonic loads?????</div></div>

rounds are loaded, just waiting to get rifle back from arp

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i got some 220's this weekend im gonna run, will try em out and if any problems arise i'll try out those 180's thanks brother </div></div>

Try 12.2gns of TB with the 220rn. They shoot mighty fine in my boatanchor AAC. Seems to clock about 1036fps out of LC brass and damn near any primer I can stuff in them. Nothing fancy on seating, just stuck it in until it kissed the cannelure and called it good.

Let us know how that dirty little cur shoots 'em.

It's a wonder one of the big name builders hasn't decided to take this as a new platform for a new model and introduce it at SHOT this coming year!

Be the next big hit to be on everyons "Must Have" short list!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a wonder one of the big name builders hasn't decided to take this as a new platform for a new model and introduce it at SHOT this coming year!

Be the next big hit to be on everyons "Must Have" short list!</div></div>

I could see this selling as a production gun, only thing make it better would be a side folder stock, only reason I didn't was cost