• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cronus vs Cronus BTR Parallax

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
So what exactly was changed? BTR parallax not as sensitive and have more play room? I'm assuming with the small 200 yard to infinity gap you can still finely adjust it for say 500 or 700 yards, right? I've never used one so asking.

shape changed as well so it wasnt quite as easy to knock illum settings/battery off

Some of the first gen cronus models have more finely graduated parallax knobs, mine is one of them (I think it’s 150 250 500 1000, or something like that). I don’t believe there’s any way to know if you’re getting the more finely graduated one unless you actually look at the knob, I don’t think it says anything different on the box/model number. My turret is pretty stiff, and being left handed I can’t see the numbers as i adjust it while my cheek is on the gun. I found the best way to adjust it is set it to infinity and then bring it down. I do not know if the btr turret is as stiff. Overall I highly recommend the scope, I switched from a gen I razor and am quite happy, but everyone has their own tastes and preferences.

Oh i wanted the BTR, but my tax return budget is going to be one of the older gen 1 moa scopes($1000). Turrets i can fix easily. It was just the parallax i was curious about.

On the Gen 1 25Y-50Y happens in 90 degrees of knob rotation, 100Y comes up at about 135 degrees of rotation, with 100Y-infinity packed into the last 45 degrees of rotation or so. This makes 25-100Y spaced out very nicely for air rifle use and really cramps the 100Y-infinity settings close together.

On the BTR 25-100Y happens in the first 90 degrees with 100Y-infinity taking the last 90 degrees of rotation. That spaces out the parallax from 100Y-infinity nicely, but it bunches up 25-100Y compared to the Gen 1. It's not so cramped as to make setting parallax from 25-100Y touchy, but it's not as widely spaced as the Gen 1.

I was hoping they increased the total degrees of knob rotation on the BTR to space out all the measurements, but both the original and gen 1 still have 180 degrees of parallax knob rotation.

If they ever make a BTR gen 2, I'd love to see the parallax knob rotation increased to 330 degrees or so like S&B and the close in parallax distance changed to 10y.

Last edited:
Sorry I should’ve should have been clear, I meant the parallax turret when I said turret. It’s definitely on the stiff side. I would second everything Kiba said and add I’d like the parallax knob to be bigger to provide more leverage and grasping surface (think s&b or gen 2 razor).

With the BTR they added more identified adjustment to the parallax, made the battery cap smaller as stated above, changed the reticle to be less busy and improved the internals to made the clicks more robust.

...and made the numbers on the elevation and windage turrets larger and easier to read for those folks with tired eyes. :D

I really like that they listen to the customer feedback and react quickly at Athlon. I'm hoping I get a bonus at the end of the month and I can try a Cronus BTR out sooner than later.

I really like that they listen to the customer feedback and react quickly at Athlon. I'm hoping I get a bonus at the end of the month and I can try a Cronus BTR out sooner than later.

Athlon has been great at speaking with folks at shows as well as on the phone and making note of what is asked for. You can see their response to this in their soon to be released Ares ETR Tactical, the Midas TAC Tactical and Midas HMR.

As a supporting vendor here if we can assist you or answer anything for you please always feel free to reach out to us.

Reactions: Tunnuh