• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cross Country Drive Coming Up - Recommendations for stops/sites?

Why do people out west call roads “the I 10” or “ the I 5” as if it’s a living thing.
I’ve never heard I 75, I 77 or I 95 referred to as “the”.
It seems silly.

Mt Rushmore, Little Big Horn, Deadwood great places to visit.
Cody has a great museum with a huge gun collection. Also rented Polaris razors there and rode the BLM land.
Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Jackson Hole real tourist traps but you need to see at least once in your life.
Had a good trip to Salt Lake City. A lot to see.

Reactions: Frank Warren
Mt Rushmore, Little Big Horn, Deadwood great places to visit.
Cody has a great museum with a huge gun collection. Also rented Polaris razors there and rode the BLM land.
Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Jackson Hole real tourist traps but you need to see at least once in your life.
Had a good trip to Salt Lake City. A lot to see.

What would avoid specifically in Yellowstone/Tetons?

What would avoid specifically in Yellowstone/Tetons?

I would try to see it all if you can stand the crowds. How crowded also has to do with the time of year. I think crowds are smaller in August but go end of September or October and everything is packed.

Reactions: chrome
Gents,

PCS'ing in two months, from Virginia to San Diego. Lets get it out of the way, yes, California, I know. Into the belly of the beast. 3 year orders and we are the fuck out.

We have a total of 9 days to drive, and the only mandatory stop we MUST make is to my friends house in Phoenix to drop off my AR-15s/NFA items for long term storage.:mad: We are eyeballing the northern route as the weather should still be great in late SEPT, and go as far north as South Dakota, MT, ID, and then dog left south to come through Utah and hit Phoenix. I can handle long drives, so I can foresee myself driving seven to eight hours a day without issue.

Let the ideas roll.
For late Sep, I'd highly recommend going through the back roads in Colorado. If the leaves are changing it will be a sight you won't forget (late Sep/early Oct). And try to go through Ouray, it's about the most picturesque pissant white-bread mountain town you'll ever see

Reactions: Frank Warren
Good intel, thx. Moab just made our list of places to visit which pulls us to the eastern side of Utah. But it forces us to go through the HOPI Reservation as we head to PHX. Any issues with that?
You will spend more Drive time in Ute and Navaho Rez than Hopi. SET YOUR CRUISE CONTROL! Do not speed 2 over you will be stopped and horribly fined. Do not speed! Several acquaintances here in Grand Junction have been hit with 150-250 fines Rez signs and speed limit signs are clear believe them do not speed. Did I sat that😁 lots of great scenery in the south canyon lands. All the Indian towns kinda pitiful,in Kayenta the Navaho were very nice in tuba city (Hopi) pitiful place keep driving

10 day road trip complete. Officially have arrived in commifornia.

Northern route was legit, had great weather and lots of places we want to go back to:
20200929_120044.jpg

20200929_120137.jpg

20200930_182045.jpg

20201001_100716.jpg

20201001_122008.jpg

20201001_172318.jpg

20201002_182653.jpg

20201003_130406.jpg
20201004_085428.jpg

Glad the weather held off for you. When we got snow in the valleys on Labor Day, I thought of your trip and my words of caution to watch the weather.

Reactions: chrome