• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crown appears to have been destroyed by "gunsmith"

Just fyi I’m a self taught gunsmith. Just ordered all the stuff to shorten that up and thread it for you. Guaranteed to sammich specs. What’s optimal for a 300 anyways….? Like 16” right?

Just send me the barrel. Just to help me out mark which end you need cut and threaded in case I’m drinking when I do it

FYI it will still look better when I’m finished

The DYI gunsmith kit is ordered
View attachment 8214885View attachment 8214886View attachment 8214887View attachment 8214888
DBDM special

Holy cow…there is no shoulder. It just sort of angles up to to the OD.

Wow
I would be willing to bet that was die cut just for that reason. The out of focus oic also seems to show some die slither that happens when the die isn't straight.
That dude isn't a gunsmith or even a gun plumber. A good plumber would cut better threads...

Reactions: Baron23
1693302297738.png

Yeah, that was cut with a thread die. Even using that, it's probably the worst I've ever seen... Send it to LRI.