• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crusader .260....sub 1/4 moa!!

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
7-30-10coyotes005.jpg

antelk010.jpg

Acually went to the range this past weekend and put this rifle on the bench just to see what it would do. The only bench this rifle has seen was the initial load work up with the chronograph to check velocity and ES with only a few groups shot up close(100-200yds). I had a good friend along who had just ordered a Crusader in .308 from George and the crew who wanted to check out this Crusader.

The load we shot in it yesterday is:
139gr scenar
42.0grs H4350
Nosler brass
Wolf LRM primer
2.775" coal(right at the lands)
MV:2850fps

I had switched to the Wolf primers a few weeks ago and can say that they tightened up this load a bit over the Federal 210 Match. The SD and ES dropped as well. I'm sold on Wolf primers!! Target pics.....

George, Thanks again!! This rifle is an absolute drill!!

targets10-3-10001.jpg

targets10-3-10002.jpg

Re: Crusader .260....sub 1/4 moa!!

Whats the barrel length on this 260?Good shooting!!

There is just something about GAP rifles, it's like they're magic. When you touch one, you just shoot better. I love mine. Nice stick man.

xdeano

Real nice, Pat! Now we need to see it with some dead critters!

Love the grouping... Love the gun even more.

Great stick. What's the deal with laminating your targets? Just for keepsakes?

Seems like something I should be doing on those days I shoot right.

42 grains of H4350 seems to be the magic spot for 260's and the 139/140 class bullets. Nice rifle and great shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Biased_Obser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great stick. What's the deal with laminating your targets? Just for keepsakes?

Seems like something I should be doing on those days I shoot right. </div></div>

I bought a laminating machine a few years back for range cards...comes in handy for a few other things as well!

Now that's a shooter!....nice looking too.

Wow. Someday, I'll get me a GAP... someday!

That load seems a little short at 2.775 to the lands for .260. Just confirming that is correct? Nice rifle and nice shooting!

T911, That is the correct coal. A short throat will allow me to "chase" the lands for the entire length of my AI mags..no pressure signs have been apparent from seating that far down. That Nosler brass has six firings on it with solid primer pockets..

PGS, any more shooting of the Sciroccos' out of that rifle. I remember some good groups posted prior and didnt know if you had the opportunity to shoot them much more(at distance?)?

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyreloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PGS, any more shooting of the Sciroccos' out of that rifle. I remember some good groups posted prior and didnt know if you had the opportunity to shoot them much more(at distance?)?

Thanks. </div></div>

I've been shooting those in my lightweight GAP .260. The claimed G1 BC of that bullet appears to be spot on according to JBM's dope....

Wow, very nice indeed and some great shooting! Made my day, thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shooting! That is a great rifle! I can't wait to get a GAP. </div></div>

I'm in the same boat, But want to more less Take my Rem PSS and make one. Hopefully as good as one.

I wanted to order a GAP 260rem, but there was a long wait time. I ended up getting a Crusader in 308win because they had one in stock and I already have reloading equipment for that caliber. Now it looks like I have to add another rifle to my wish list.

Awesome shooting. I've been very happy with my Crusader in 308win.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wanted to order a GAP 260rem, but there was a long wait time. I ended up getting a Crusader in 308win because they had one in stock and I already have reloading equipment for that caliber. Now it looks like I have to add another rifle to my wish list.

Awesome shooting. I've been very happy with my Crusader in 308win. </div></div>

Or you can just change the 308 winny when the barrel dies on you. Just a suggestion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I had switched to the Wolf primers a few weeks ago and can say that they tightened up this load a bit over the Federal 210 Match. The SD and ES dropped as well. I'm sold on Wolf primers!! </div></div>

I'm interested to hear if you are still pro-Wolf primers after an extended period of usage. The internet gurus scoff at their effectiveness due to frequent failed ignition. Some info from an actual user would be appreciated. Looking at PV having them for $18 / 1000 is surely tempting.