• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Crye Knee pads vs. Arc'teryx Knee Caps

CaptainHammer

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
I've got a pair of the Crye air flex pads that I use for training and shooting competitions.
I'm a big Arc'teryx aficionado and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with both products and which they prefer.

Thanks!

Re: Crye Knee pads vs. Arc'teryx Knee Caps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not on my knees enough for pads but you do you </div></div>
I'm afraid I don't follow...

i apologize, I was actually bein a smartass. I never really got the kneepad thing, only ones Ive used,or attempted to, were the ones issued to me a few years ago. I wore them to one range and to get them tight enough to stay where their supposed to be they cut off your leg when you DO take a knee. We were told they had to be on us in the early days of my last deployment, so they rode around our ankles, pointless huh.

anyway I have no experience with the two brands you mentioned so I'll shut my suck now

if you are going to get knee pad just go buy some comfy roller blading knee pads. Much more comfy and you can just paint them if you dont like the color

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i apologize, I was actually bein a smartass. I never really got the kneepad thing, only ones Ive used,or attempted to, were the ones issued to me a few years ago. I wore them to one range and to get them tight enough to stay where their supposed to be they cut off your leg when you DO take a knee. We were told they had to be on us in the early days of my last deployment, so they rode around our ankles, pointless huh.

anyway I have no experience with the two brands you mentioned so I'll shut my suck now </div></div>

gotcha, I only use them because I have bad knees... thank you Assault Amphibian Vehicle

kneepads are for folks that spend a lot of time on their knees so i dont need them.

I like the Crye knee pads better as they stay in place. The Arc'teryx are nice but if you've got the Crye stick with them. The knee caps will still slide down after enough movement and sometimes you'll knock the buckle loose.

I like the crye better but the arcteryx are'nt bad either

I have both and like both very much. I like the fact that the Crye pads are "built in" to the pants, but would have absolutely no problems at all wearing the Knee Caps as my only set if need be. Both are great.