• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CT elementary school shooting.

Re: CT elementary school shooting.

I just saw on the news that 27 were dead.

I can not comprehend how someone can do this kind of stuff.

Personally, I think tragedies like this are all part of an Anti-Gun conspiracy plan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I think tragedies like this are all part of an Anti-Gun conspiracy plan. </div></div>

That thought has been lingering in my mind for quite some time now!

It truly makes me sick! What kind of worthless fuck kills kids! My daughter is in kindergarten and I can not wait to get home and hold her tight.

very sad... I wish everyone the best!

Shooting children for fuck sakes, SAD.
confused.gif

As a parent to a young child I feel tremendous sympathy to the parents who will be told that their children won't be coming home today.

Makes me want to run home and get my son and hold him for a VERY LONG time!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I think tragedies like this are all part of an Anti-Gun conspiracy plan. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">^^^^
This.</span>

Makes me want to run home and get my son and hold him for a VERY LONG time![/quote]

Agreed. So freaking unbelievable My heart goes out to those parents.

its so horrible and this will be a event that changes our country forever, mark the date boys its goin to go down hill fast. very few things draw people together to a common cause like injured children. Stand by for fireworks. RIP to those small souls that passed, i am hugging my kids that much tighter today. Sad that people won't see that the issue is not the firearms but that is what will be put to the stake to burn on this witchhunt

An armed society is a polite society, an unarmed society are sheep for the slaughter. Someone on school campus should have the means to defend the students. My heart goes out to every parent and family member involved.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Most of you here have read this but it should be read again from time to time.</span>

"By LTC(Ret.) Dave Grossman, RANGER,
Ph.D., author of “On Killing.”

Honor never grows old, and honor rejoices the heart of age. It does so because honor is, finally, about defending those noble and worthy things that deserve defending, even if it comes at a high cost. In our time, that may mean social disapproval, public scorn, hardship, persecution, or as always, even death itself. The question remains:
What is worth defending?
What is worth dying for?
What is worth living for?
- William J. Bennett – in a lecture to the United States Naval Academy November 24, 1997

<span style="font-weight: bold">One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: “Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident.”

This is true. Remember, the murder rate is six per 100,000 per year, and the aggravated assault rate is four per 1,000 per year. What this means is that the vast majority of Americans are not inclined to hurt one another. Some estimates say that two million Americans are victims of violent crimes every year, a tragic, staggering number, perhaps an all-time record rate of violent crime. But there are almost 300 million Americans, which means that the odds of being a victim of violent crime is considerably less than one in a hundred on any given year. Furthermore, since many violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders, the actual number of violent citizens is considerably less than two million.

Thus there is a paradox, and we must grasp both ends of the situation: We may well be in the most violent times in history, but violence is still remarkably rare. This is because most citizens are kind, decent people who are not capable of hurting each other, except by accident or under extreme provocation.

They are sheep. I mean nothing negative by calling them sheep. To me, it is like the pretty, blue robin’s egg. Inside it is soft and gooey but someday it will grow into something wonderful. But the egg cannot survive without its hard blue shell. Police officers, soldiers, and other warriors are like that shell, and someday the civilization they protect will grow into something wonderful. For now, though, they need warriors to protect them from the predators.

“Then there are the wolves,” the old war veteran said, “and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.” Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep.

There is no safety in denial.

“Then there are sheepdogs,” he went on, “and I’m a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.” If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen, a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath, a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? What do you have then? A sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero’s path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed.

Let me expand on this old soldier’s excellent model of the sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. We know that the sheep live in denial, that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world. They can accept the fact that fires can happen, which is why they want fire extinguishers, fire sprinklers, fire alarms and fire exits throughout their kids’ schools. But many of them are outraged at the idea of putting an armed police officer in their kid’s school. Our children are thousands of times more likely to be killed or seriously injured by school violence than fire, but the sheep’s only response to the possibility of violence is denial. The idea of someone coming to kill or harm their child is just too hard, and so they chose the path of denial.

The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours. Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn’t tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports, in camouflage fatigues, holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, “Baa.” Until the wolf shows up.

Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.

The students, the victims, at Columbine High School were big, tough high school students, and under ordinary circumstances they would not have had the time of day for a police officer. They were not bad kids; they just had nothing to say to a cop. When the school was under attack, however, and SWAT teams were clearing the rooms and hallways, the officers had to physically peel those clinging, sobbing kids off of them.

This is how the little lambs feel about their sheepdog when the wolf is at the door.

Look at what happened after September 11, 2001 when the wolf pounded hard on the door. Remember how America, more than ever before, felt differently about their law enforcement officers and military personnel? Remember how many times you heard the word hero? Understand that there is nothing morally superior about being a sheepdog; it is just what you choose to be. Also understand that a sheepdog is a funny critter: He is always sniffing around out on the perimeter, checking the breeze, barking at things that go bump in the night, and yearning for a righteous battle. That is, the young sheepdogs yearn for a righteous battle.

The old sheepdogs are a little older and wiser, but they move to the sound of the guns when needed, right along with the young ones.

Here is how the sheep and the sheepdog think differently. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. After the attacks on September 11, 2001, most of the sheep, that is, most citizens in America said, “Thank God I wasn’t on one of those planes.” The sheepdogs, the warriors, said, “Dear God, I wish I could have been on one of those planes. Maybe I could have made a difference.” When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into “warriorhood”, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference. There is nothing morally superior about the sheepdog, the warrior, but he does have one real advantage. Only one. And that is that he is able to survive and thrive in an environment that destroys 98 percent of the population.

There was research conducted a few years ago with individuals convicted of violent crimes. These cons were in prison for serious, predatory crimes of violence: assaults, murders and killing law enforcement officers. The vast majority said that they specifically targeted victims by body language: Slumped walk, passive behavior and lack of awareness. They chose their victims like big cats do in Africa, when they select one out of the herd that is least able to protect itself. Some people may be destined to be sheep and others might be genetically primed to be wolves or sheepdogs. But I believe that most people can choose which one they want to be, and I’m proud to say that more and more Americans are choosing to become sheepdogs.

Seven months after the attack on September 11, 2001, Todd Beamer was honored in his hometown of Cranbury, New Jersey. Todd, as you recall, was the man on Flight 93 over Pennsylvania who called on his cell phone to alert an operator from United Airlines about the hijacking. When he learned of the other three passenger planes that had been used as weapons, Todd dropped his phone and uttered the words, “Let’s roll,” which authorities believe was a signal to the other passengers to confront the terrorist hijackers. In one hour, a transformation occurred among the passengers – athletes, business people and parents. — from sheep to sheepdogs and together they fought the wolves, ultimately saving an unknown number of lives on the ground.

There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men. – Edmund Burke — Here is the point I like to emphasize, especially to the thousands of police officers and soldiers I speak to each year. In nature the sheep, real sheep, are born as sheep.

Sheepdogs are born that way, and so are wolves. They didn’t have a choice.

But you are not a critter. As a human being, you can be whatever you want to be. It is a conscious, moral decision. If you want to be a sheep, then you can be a sheep and that is okay, but you must understand the price you pay. When the wolf comes, you and your loved ones are going to die if there is not a sheepdog there to protect you. If you want to be a wolf, you can be one, but the sheepdogs are going to hunt you down and you will never have rest, safety, trust or love. But if you want to be a sheepdog and walk the warrior’s path, then you must make a conscious and moral decision every day to dedicate, equip and prepare yourself to thrive in that toxic, corrosive moment when the wolf comes knocking at the door.

For example, many police officers carry their weapons in church. They are well concealed in ankle holsters, shoulder holsters or inside-the-belt holsters tucked into the small of their backs. Anytime you go to some form of religious service, there is a very good chance that a police officer in your congregation is carrying a weapon. You will never know if there is such an individual in your place of worship, until the wolf appears to massacre you and your loved ones.

I was training a group of police officers in Texas, and during the break, one officer asked his friend if he carried his weapon in church. The other cop replied, “I will never be caught without my gun in church.” I asked why he felt so strongly about this, and he told me about a cop he knew who was at a church massacre in Ft. Worth, Texas in 1999. In that incident, a mentally deranged individual came into the church and opened fire, gunning down fourteen people. He said that officer believed he could have saved every life that day if he had been carrying his gun. His own son was shot, and all he could do was throw himself on the boy’s body and wait to die. That cop looked me in the eye and said, “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself after that?”

Some individuals would be horrified if they knew this police officer was carrying a weapon in church. They might call him paranoid and would probably scorn him. Yet these same individuals would be enraged and would call for “heads to roll” if they found out that the airbags in their cars were defective, or that the fire extinguisher and fire sprinklers in their kids’ school did not work. They can accept the fact that fires and traffic accidents can happen and that there must be safeguards against them. Their only response to the wolf, though, is denial, and all too often their response to the sheepdog is scorn and disdain. But the sheepdog quietly asks himself, “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

It is denial that turns people into sheep. Sheep are psychologically destroyed by combat because their only defense is denial, which is counterproductive and destructive, resulting in fear, helplessness and horror when the wolf shows up. Denial kills you twice. It kills you once, at your moment of truth when you are not physically prepared: you didn’t bring your gun, you didn’t train. Your only defense was wishful thinking. Hope is not a strategy. Denial kills you a second time because even if you do physically survive, you are psychologically shattered by your fear, helplessness and horror at your moment of truth.

Gavin de Becker puts it like this in “Fear Less”, his superb post-9/11 book, which should be required reading for anyone trying to come to terms with our current world situation: “…denial can be seductive, but it has an insidious side effect. For all the peace of mind deniers think they get by saying it isn’t so, the fall they take when faced with new violence is all the more unsettling.” Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level. And so the warrior must strive to confront denial in all aspects of his life, and prepare himself for the day when evil comes. If you are warrior who is legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that the bad man will not come today. No one can be “on” 24/7, for a lifetime. Everyone needs down time. But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself…”Baa.”

This business of being a sheep or a sheepdog is not a yes-no dichotomy. It is not an all-or-nothing, either-or choice. It is a matter of degrees, a continuum. On one end is an abject, head-in-the-sand-sheep and on the other end is the ultimate warrior. Few people exist completely on one end or the other. Most of us live somewhere in between. Since 9-11 almost everyone in America took a step up that continuum, away from denial. The sheep took a few steps toward accepting and appreciating their warriors, and the warriors started taking their job more seriously. The degree to which you move up that continuum, away from “sheephood” and denial, is the degree to which you and your loved ones will survive, physically and psychologically at your moment of truth."</span>

NBC News is reporting the dickbag coward shooter was 20 years old.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its so horrible and this will be a event that changes our country forever, mark the date boys its goin to go down hill fast. very few things draw people together to a common cause like injured children. </div></div>

That's what really scares me as well Joe, this is EXACTLY the kind of tragedy the gun grabbers have always secretly prayed for.

The American Civic Association shootings happened within 50 yards of my office, it's something I will never forget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a parent to a young child I feel tremendous sympathy to the parents who will be told that their children won't be coming home today.

Makes me want to run home and get my son and hold him for a VERY LONG time! </div></div>

Agree! I thought about going and getting my son out of school. Can't even begin to wrap my mind around this.

All politics to the side..

I pray for all the families involved with this horrible tragedy.
What a horrible event and one that's just before Christmas too.
My heart goes out to everyone involved.

I am with you. It would be a cold person or group to do such a thing, but I do find it odd that this kind of things seems to be happening more and more. The thought that it could be deliberate has crossed my mind more than one occasion.

Longarm, that is exactly what comes to my mind when I hear of these tragedies. If only more sheepdog's weren't un-fanged in school's, movie theater's etc.

It does seem weird that at the last few massacres multiple gunmen have been reported initially and then it's brushed under the rug. Wonder if it's just people in the heat of the moment and chaos or something more? We know that eyewitness accounts can be suspect, especially in stressful situations. In spite of this, people DO see things that are real sometimes. Hard to know these days.

Such a tragedy.

I don't think there's any cloak and dagger agenda behind the shootings but I do think the press pushes the coverage as a way of furthering their anti-gun agenda.

This is one of the top reason's I'm seriously considering home-schooling my kids (though there are several more).

This one put tears into my eyes. I have a son the same age. Words cannot express the sorrow I have for the families that were destroyed today. 10 days before Christmas. Kindergardeners.. Like Joe said, this one will change history before this day is done I am afraid. God be with those families and with us all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a parent to a young child I feel tremendous sympathy to the parents who will be told that their children won't be coming home today.

Makes me want to run home and get my son and hold him for a VERY LONG time! </div></div>

Agree! I thought about going and getting my son out of school. Can't even begin to wrap my mind around this.
</div></div>
^This. I'm SO fucking pissed right now, I can't believe this shit!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NBC News is reporting the dickbag coward shooter was 20 years old.</div></div>

Yeah, so of course new laws are what we need, seeing how he used two handguns and isn't old enough to purchase them. But that won't work see, the problem is much, much deeper and you and yours are part and parcel of the problem too.

In third world countries this stuff happens all the time, life is cheap. It doesn't get reported, because unless a shooting happens that can be politicized, you won't hear about it here. That shouldn't be missed. Don't believe me? Did you see Piers Morgan last night? Well, see what his ass has to say tonight. For someone that hates firearms as much as he does and has citizenship and finances to live in a country with the strictest laws, he sure does have an interest in yours and staying here. News=propaganda anymore. This shooting is sensational because it is supposed to be. But politics trumps all of this, this whole damn thing spins for D.C., don't you know that? So you'll get lucky this time around, this "Fiscal Cliff" will take much more news time this month than this shooting will, particularly because this happened on a Friday, which will water down the news response somewhat.

The problem, since everyone keeps asking, is that America has long been shedding the natural order of things and legislating what "life" should be. In addition to this, and much more relevant, is the fact that humans are engineered to work together, to cooperate. But our system, our government, our economy, our schools, our jobs, they are all competitive. Working together is something you do basically under duress here.

And so we fragment and crumble. Empires were designed to fail as they end up benefitting a few but at the cost of many. You don't have to worry much about the economy, global shit, the government etc., when the whole fucking thing crashes down because we pulled the leg from underneath our own stool --the children. I know if I was a kid today, I'd have plenty of shitty examples to live up to, they are the ones in the spotlight as being "exemplar" like US politicians for example.

Do away with all the competiveness and exhibit cooperation and empathy instead, and we'll all be better off. And it is up to you to actually do it, you can't teach this to your kids as they learn from example.

Just like this 20yo did.

Any one of us could have wound up to be like this kid, or one of the dead ones, it was by sheer circumstance that you are the way you are (if you believe in "Theseus' ship").

One of these days the rest of you all, the whole damn country, will figure this out. Hopefully it won't be too late. We should all be holding hands and smiling (while secretly packing). You "pray for peace, prepare for war", but all we do is "pray for war and prepare for peace". Think about it. All these damn shootings and NO return fire?

Or maybe we are missing some other important values, like honor and courage. If there really are so many arms in America, and so many of you do carry, then where the fuck is the response? If you say "I carry to protect myself, fuck everyone else", well, you are part of the problem and not the solution as I pointed out. You will end up with some gun legislation that you don't like.

Maybe we should take a bit of advice from Bhutan, maybe make "Gross National Happiness" a little more important than it is. Because face it, happy people just don't walk into places and shoot up strangers.

This story made me physically sick to my stomach. Why does it have to be kids. KIDS for fucks sake. What kind of coward goes after innocent, defenseless children. I'm going to get my kids from school right now. Y'all please watch out for each other.

^ me too.

Got on the shooters facebook. Looks like the typical loner/gamer.

Had a grand theft auto video on his page, nothing alarming though.

I'm disgusted

I just wish they would quit referring to him as "gunman" or "shooter". If they would always refer to him as "giant pussy" it would have a much more positive effect on the other psychos. Unfortunately his mother's lack of attention towards him, bullies, and AR15's will be to blame. It has nothing to do with this country raising pussies who can't handle life when things get hard.

Prayers sent to the kinds families

This is terrible. The news is reporting he was 24 years old.

WTF is wrong with these people, are they so afraid to go into the hereafter alone they got to have company? Or such a pussy they have to create pain in otherwise innocent lives to twistedly (is that even a word?) justify their own...

Why do most schools still not have some form of armed security either private or LE? Dont our children deserve protection too? Billions in homeland security money on bullshit and jack shit is done to actively protect our children!

This just breaks my heart. I just can't even fathom the grief that community must be feeling...

Is this the price, or one of them, for freedom?

Unfortunatley, I think the answer is, "Yes."

On the other hand, what's the statistic from the 20th Century: over 100 Million people were murdered by their own governments?

Pick your poison, I guess.

One way, or another, this nation is going to be driven to it's knees!

Your screen name is profoundly accurate.

No shit. Grandma has to take her motherfucking shoes off to get on a domestic fucking flight but any psycho with a fucking gun and a death wish can at any time walk into any fucking school in the country and hand us all this sort of shit. Wow. I pray for the kids, their families, and the first responders. Seeing this sort of thing first hand leaves you a different person as many of you may already know.

I truly hope that someone in LE got the distinct pleasure of issuing this motherfucker a failure drill in one of those hallways. Hope he was not the one that took his life.

I also pray that there really is a very hot fucking burning eternal hell that reaches from the great beyond beyond and fucking greets people like this guy IMMEDIATELY after death and for an ETERNITY from then on.

All the Sheepdogs should read "Terror at Beslan".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rwest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I truly hope that someone in LE got the distinct pleasure of issuing this motherfucker a failure drill in one of those hallways.</div></div>
News is reporting that he killed himself.

Very sad and painful day indeed. Made me feel very happy and thankful to be able to hug my kids after school today.

A dark day for America. I found myself outside my kids school early waiting to pick them up & hug them as tight as possible. My heart aches for those families. How anyone can harm an innocent child I find incomprehensible.

I have to agree with Big Joe as this will be a turning point. Something is going to be done now with respect to legislation. I wouldn't be surprised if they even name the bill after the school.

Just saw this on the news at my gym. It took everything I had to keep dry eyes after seeing the number of children dead. All I could think about was how the parents must be feeling right now. My heart truly goes out to them.

I picked up my 6 yr old from school and gave him one of the biggest hugs I've probably given anyone in a very long time. I coach young kids wrestling and this event will be hard to get out of my head tonight at practice.

Suicide was too good of a way to go for this piece of shit.

First and foremost I will Pray long and hard for these families.
At the Christmas season we tend to focus on the kids even more, and i wont pretend to understand the pain that was induced.

Secondly, I would have gave up every thing I own in this world for just the opportunity to have my Glock 34 and to met this guy in the parking lot of the school and forced him to square off with someone who was not an innocent victim. Might be simple Bravado as we are all caught up in emotions of the moment, but I wager 20 years from today I will still wish this same wish!

Having kids in elementary school this really hits hard. I can't even fathom the pain being felt by all those affected by this senseless act of violence against innocence. My thoughts and prayers to all those that are dealing with this tragic event.

There is something inherently wrong with the youth of that era and even today. My wife and I limit how much and what our kids watch on TV and restrict the video games they are allowed to play. I think TV and video games today have and do desensitize kids to violence. While this may not be the only factor I believe it is a contributor. Parental involvement in kids lives is also a factor, I'm thankful my wife is a stay at home mom.

As for the answers, I don't have them but my one thought in regard to these active shooter incidents are to have a SRO (School resource officer / LEO) for each school everyday during school hours.

What a tragedy, senseless, cowardly, does not even come close trying to understand it. As far as what the government thinks they can do about this kind of evil? It will either be a gun grab/ban that we the people are protected against in our constitution, and a move that the government could not actually accomplish nor afford to institute. The other move that scares me more would be that the government would consider grading every citizens mental health outside of viewing it within a criminal record as it is done already. Where would that stop? Obamacare already is over reaching, with this they could deny anything with a grade of their mental health of you!

he was probably "buzzed" in as his mom was a teacher there. Most schools round here are locked down during school hours and the only way in is to be let in. I imagine its probably same in ct as well.
my thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharfshutze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Billions in homeland security money on bullshit and jack shit is done to actively protect our children! </div></div>

Careful what you wish for...

December 14, 2012

A very dark day for our country no doubt

Prayers for the children, the families, and our Constitution

This shit really pisses me off. If this asshole wasn't happy with his life, why couldn't he have just done the honorable thing and deep-throated a pistol in the privacy of his own home? The fact that this twisted prick decided to kill a bunch of young school children proves him to be a spineless and worthless coward. I agree with what someone else already said in this thread: from now on these types of individuals should be known only by some sort of derogatory name in the news, and never be called "shooter", or "gunman", or any other sort of name that might give the next psychopath some cause to believe he'll go down in a blaze of glory. Tarnish this asshole's name as much as possible.

I believe that this shooting may be a turning point in the gun control debate as well. The stars were already starting to align for the next political push in gun control measures, and this shooting will surely act as a catalyst for the anti-gun movement. Honestly, that's a real shame. We all know that a law wouldn't have stopped this moron from doing what he did: he already broke federal law by carrying a gun into that school, after potentially breaking other purchase laws on the basis of his age (if he was actually 20, and not 24 yrs old, as the various news agencies are reporting). That's not even to mention the fact that MURDER is kind of against the law.

The best defense to this kind of situation is to make sure that any potential future murderous turd like this is met by gunfire the minute he attempts to commit such a heinous crime. Arm teachers, arm citizens, place armed officers at the schools... whatever it takes. The good people vastly outnumber the evil people in this country, and we have the power to stop them if we simply stop pussyfooting around on this issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crimson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Why does it have to be kids. KIDS for fucks sake. </div></div>

He's a coward? Kids aren't going to fight back.

Some of you guys are complete SCUMBAGS! An untold number of small children were slaughtered today and all you guys worry about is conspiracy theories and the erosion of your precious gun rights.

These are kids we're talking about here, many of who's broken bodies are still laying in that classroom. Some of you should be fucking ashamed at where your priorities stand. Now isn't the time.

Rest in peace to all those little souls who won't wake up on Christmas day to open their gifts. What do you tell the parents? This is incomprehensible in magnitude.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There is something inherently wrong with the youth of that era and even today. My wife and I limit how much and what our kids watch on TV and restrict the video games they are allowed to play. I think TV and video games today have and do desensitize kids to violence. While this may not be the only factor I believe it is a contributor. Parental involvement in kids lives is also a factor, I'm thankful my wife is a stay at home mom.
</div></div>

I actually just wrote a research paper on the effects of video games on kids, and most modern studies find that there's no connection between violent games and aggression/violence. Parental involvement is definitely a factor though, I think it's the biggest one of all.

I want to know when someone is going to start looking at the drugs we have these kids on. I would be suprised if all these kids didnt have some of the same prescription drugs in common. Why dont they stop blaming guns and look at what these kids are put on as a substitute for parenting and guidance. Just my.02